All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Berky
      #18500 - 08/25/03 11:30 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I saw your post in recipe board about you being a special ed. teacher. I was wondering where in NY you live? What college did you go to? I went to school for special ed. I am now using my degree to teach my girls at home.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Berky new
      #18513 - 08/25/03 02:34 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Hi Torbetta! I live in a suburb near Rochester, New York and teach special ed. kids in the inner city of Rochester. I went to St. Lawrence Univ. for undergraduate and Nazareth College in Rochester for my graduate work. But a couple of years ago I decided my real passion was children's literature so I went back to school for my library science Masters. I am still hoping to find a job as a school librarian, though as of now I'm still in the classroom. I'm trying to gear up for the school year! The kids I teach have a multitude of problems and come from a rough area where drug dealers and drive by shootings are common. I try to give them the best 6 hours of their day. I'm sure home schooling has its challenges as well! Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#18528 - 08/25/03 04:39 PM
torbetta

I live just west of you. I live north of Buffalo and east of Niagara Falls. My brother lives in Gates. His wife is soon to be the producer of the morning news at channel 14. He works out at BOCES. He used to work at a home setting for juveniles. That was a tough bunch of kids. He always said they just needed to know someone cared. It was a really tough job. I am sure you deserve a multitude of praise for what you provide those kids with. Must be a challenge.

#18540 - 08/25/03 05:55 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Actually, Gates is the district I am most interested in working in. I'd love to know what your brother thinks of the district, if he has kids there or knows anyone who works there!

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#18601 - 08/26/03 10:25 AM
torbetta

My nieces are almost 4 and 8 months old. I am not sure if they know anything about the school district. I will ask him though.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review