All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Whats your story?
      #183455 - 06/04/05 08:54 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

How did you meet your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend whatever?!?!

I haven't had a date since feb. (and even that was short lasting) and thats the longest I've gone since I started dating at 15. boo. I've dated a few people, but haven't been in a serious relationship for a year now, and I am more than ready for one. haha

Anyways.. i'm feeling down cause a boy hasn't been even remotely interested in me in a long time.. so tell me some inspirational stories. My problem is that i'm in school, and I work. I really don't have alot of opportunities to meet new people aside from the 16 people in my program (only three of them are boys.. and I already dated one of them haha oops). its quite depressing really.

ideas?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whats your story? new
      #183457 - 06/04/05 09:42 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

AWWEEE Hang in there honey! The good ones are worth waiting for!

I met rich through friends. The first time i saw him I thought "What a Dork" After a month of being friends we started dating and I knew he was the one! That was 12 years ago! Now he is the most handsome man in the world to me!

Good Luck on your man hunt!!LOL
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

thanks heather! new
      #183461 - 06/04/05 09:50 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

its funny.. because alot of my old boyfriends started with me thinking they were the biggest dorks ever. haha

I tend to gravitate towards dorky boys though opposed to the hot ones that know they are hot. They aren't as fun to me.

its just strange cause when you are younger you make all these plans for yourself. (I think its also my upcoming birthday thats bringing this on even more.) I'll be 24 in august, and when I was younger I wanted to be married with kids by 24. I know these things never go as planned...and honestly I really couldn't imagine being married or couldn't even imagine myself as a mom right now.. but its just making me realize how much of what i've wanted to do I haven't done.

Plus.. its GORGEOUS out today and I want someone I can call up and say hey.. lets go drive to portsmouth and get lobster, or go downtown and have margaritas.. and I def don't have that here. Not even with girlfriends. I have the best girlfriends.. unfortunately they all live at least 2 hours away ,and I haven't made any here.

--------------------

ashley new
      #183464 - 06/04/05 09:59 AM
heather7476

Girl if we lived closer I would DEF be up to going out for some drinks! LOL Things will get better!

It is funny I never pictured myself married at 19 when I was a kid. I always thought I would go to collage and be some famous photgraphy by now! HEHEHEHE All I take pics of now are my kid, and animals!! LOL You still have PLENTY of time to find a guy have a family enjoy being young and single!!!!!!!!

I also agree dorky is so much better than the type of guys who is hot and knows it! I hate guys who primp longer than me!!! LOL YIKES AND YUCK!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

It's kinda embarrassing... new
      #183474 - 06/04/05 11:13 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I was home for the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college. My mom had a friend/acquaintance from tennis and newcomers (they moved to the city at the same time). We'd known them since I was eight, once we went over to their house and my parents played bridge while my sisters and I played operation in their family room because their sons wouldn't play with us (eww, girls). Anyway, for some reason that summer my Mom and Eric's mom thought it would be a great idea to set us up on a date. So they both badgered us and whined at us until we relented so we could get it over with and they'd shut up. I didn't remember him at all, and hadn't seen him since that time when I was eight. Anyway, it turns out that we really liked each other, we dated that summer, decided to get married after three months, and three years later did.

So, to make the story short, our moms set us up.

Re: ashley new
      #183475 - 06/04/05 11:14 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I never imagined getting married at 22... it was never a big deal to me and I hadn't planned for it. My friends were all shocked that I was the first one to get married because they never could have predicted it.

#183478 - 06/04/05 11:34 AM
heather7476

My dad acutly told me he would still pay for me to go to collage if I broke up with Rich. Dad had only met him once and didn't want me getting married and having kids while I was younge. I chose Rich and have never regretted it. When it happens it hapens it doen't matter your age! I don't think anyone ever plans it!LOL!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Aww..my little Ashley...:) new
      #183480 - 06/04/05 12:30 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm sorry you're down today! You still crack me up, you remind me SO MUCH of myself in college. Be careful dating those guys in your classes - if you break up, you can't get them to do your homework. LOL. I made that mistake many times...

I think I've told you this, but I met Justin at work - he was fulltime, and I was the intern. (He's 3 years older than me) We kept it a complete secret to everyone at work, which was really hard....and then all of a sudden we announced that we were getting married - it was so fun to see everyone's faces. We were all really close at that job!
I actually asked him out, he is really quiet (until you get him alone after practicing with Carmen - HA).

You are such a pretty girl, you'll find a guy in no time. You are just so busy right now! I wish I lived closer, we would have fun I think!

--------------------
~Cara~

that's funny.... new
      #183491 - 06/04/05 01:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been having a lot of those thoughts lately myself. My mom had my brothers and I really young (well, compared to a lot of my friends), and growing up, I thought it was the greatest thing ever to have such a cool mom - she liked my music, she (mostly) liked my clothes, and of course we had some fights, but mostly I bragged about her to my friends.

I decided I wanted to BE that mom, and I figured I'd be done popping out kids by now (30... my mom was done by 26).

Yeah right. I'm not even married. I'll be lucky if I have the first one by 35. I'm cringing just thinking about it, but it's the way life goes sometimes... not according to plan at all.

Adam and I met online in 1997. We got together briefly in 1998, but I really didn't think it would work out, so I kind of blew him off. We lost touch, but I never forgot about him, and in July of 2003, I decided to look him up. A month later I visited him in Maine, and a month after THAT I moved in with him. And here I've been ever since!

Once again, you just never know how life is going to work out!

It'll happen for ya... you're pretty, sweet, and fun, and I can't imagine you staying single forever.

PS - I've never had any use for the ones who know they're hot, either... I prefer the shy, goofy, dorky ones. Definitely more fun.

#183504 - 06/04/05 03:26 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

My sister used to work in a little neighborhood bar. My husband Rich and his friends hung out there. I was married before and when we separated I started going to this bar because my sister worked there. I met Rich one night and he asked me out. I didn't really care for him much and hoped that he wouldn't call me. Then a few months later I ran into him and we ended up dancing and talking all night. I came home with stars in my eyes.

I moved in with him 6 months later and we got married a year and half after that. Our first official date was Aug. 12, 1982, 23 years ago.

--------------------
Janey

#183507 - 06/04/05 03:32 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I met my boyfriend when I was in Grade 10...it's really corny...I was helping my friend with a video project for her Grade 11 Independent Study Project, it was an updated version of Romeo and Juliet. I was Juliet, he was Romeo. I cringe remembering back to it, because we were just friends at the time and I remember feeling so ackward that I had to kiss him and stuff And my friend went all out, even had the wedding scene in an actual church and got me a wedding gown to wear...so now I have my bf and me getting "married" still on tape, 7 years later! It was sweet though, it makes for a good story all these years later

#183508 - 06/04/05 03:43 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I can wholeheartedly recommend the personal ads- I went shopping (so to speak) after breaking off a long time but ultimately unsuccessful relationship; I knew at the age of 37 I wasn't gonna meet anyone at work... to old for the bar scene... so I went shopping in the personals in my local newspaper.
Went on several dates, met a lot of really nice men, and finally met my (future) husband. We've been married almost 9 years now.
Try it! It's fun!

#183516 - 06/04/05 04:52 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hey Ashley!

We met through a mutual friend in college.

Don't lose hope, I am convinced that the "friend of a friend" thing works out so often- I have been to eight weddings in the last year and a bit- this is how they met:

Couple no. 1- met in an afterschool activity when teenagers
Couple no. 2- met through another couple, he was a friend of the guy, she of the girl
Couple no 3- he was a friend of her work colleague
Couple no 4- in college together
couple no 5- nightclub
Couple no 6- worked in same company
couple no 7- nightclub
couple no 8- mutual friend (he was in college with her best friend, they met at a party the friend threw)

See- mostly mutual friends etc. Just take up invitations and get to know people and their friends.

Hang in there, you are a pretty girl and a lovely person, you'll meet someone- enjoy your independence while it lasts!

--------------------
S.

#183519 - 06/04/05 05:08 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ashley, you are so young yet! No need to panic. The right one will come along when you least expect it. It is tough when you work and the rest of your time you are in school. YOu are doing so good for yourself going to grad school. Let the dating and all come after that. I am certain you will have no trouble finding anyone with that cute face of yours

Now, my inspirational story might not inspire you as my hubby and I have been together since 9th grade. We just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and we dated 9 years before we married. Yes that's total of 23 years and I'm only 37 I actually started dating him to get over another serious relationship that was no good for me and boy and I glad I found him. He's the best husband/father anyone could ask for. I suggest finding an Aries guy. They are the best in my opinion. What is your sign?????

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#183535 - 06/04/05 07:33 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi I am fairly new to this board but I read your post. I am 21 and I know how tough relationships can be. I dated the same guy through high school and he broke my heart and cheared on me right when I graduated. But when I got to college....I met Paul and he is wonderful and we have been together for almost four years! So I went through a rough time but now I am so happy. You will find your knight and shining armor when you least expect it! If you need to talk I am here!:)

#183561 - 06/04/05 08:22 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I went round to a friend's for a small house-warming get-together and Si turned up. We clicked and ended up sitting on the couch with our legs entwined! Then he (by his own admission) ran home! But he got my details, emailed me, I emailed him and we went out on a date. Four motnhs later we were talking about forever.

PS. Ash...this all happened after I'd decided to have some me time and not date anyone for a while! God likes irony.

Re: Aww..my little Ashley...:) new
      #183570 - 06/04/05 10:11 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know.. I also wish you lived closer! I bet we'd have an awesome time together.

I know about dating the boys in the program too. There are only three.. two aren't my type even remotely and the one I dated. He was really obnoxious though.. and now my problem is that whenever he speaks I can't help but roll my eyes. haha dating classmates you are with 75% of your life probably isn't the best idea ever.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for something in the near future. All this carmen electraing for noone isn't helping either

--------------------

Re: that's funny.... new
      #183571 - 06/04/05 10:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks casey!

Thats funny.. I think my mom had alot to do with it too. My mom has been AWESOME, and one of my closest friends my whole life. I think it helps that she had me at 23 and had her third and final kid by 27.

I also always wanted to be a young mom.. but I can't say I could actually picture myself there now.

--------------------

thanks ptillen.. maybe i'll try online sometime?! Is it really safe, thats my worry. -nt- new
      #183572 - 06/04/05 10:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

I'm a leo.. new
      #183573 - 06/04/05 10:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

but I don't know a whole much about astrology.. and I'm not the typical leo either.

I like to be center of attention sometimes.. but not to excess. there are alot of leo "traits" similar to me.. but also quite a few not similar.. so I don't know if that matters.

--------------------

#183574 - 06/04/05 10:16 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yes. drinks are yummy... especially on hot summer nights. I'm sure we would all have fun hanging out together.. it would be awesome if the world could grant us an all expense paid IBS trip. haha.

Anyways... its true I have plenty of time.. but I'm not gonna lie.. i'm getting bored waiting. haha.

--------------------

THANKS EVERYONE!!! new
      #183575 - 06/04/05 10:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hello Ladies!

Thanks for sharing the awesome stories.. AND for the vote on confidence that I'm not a total troll at the moment. (warning I am premenstral so that may have played a role in my overall blaaness- but I dont' think it was 100% responsible).

Anyways.. I had a LOT of fun today.. which helped cheer me up. I spent the morning in a really bad mood, but later convinced my friend chris to go downtown and walk around boston commons and newbury street. (HE'S STRICTLY PLATONIC.. I can't date every boy in my program right cara hahaha.. and honestly.. we'd never date.. but he's a good friend).

It was nice to get out of the house, into the sun and in public.. which isn't something I get to do all that often. I even shopped alittle bit.. nothing extravegent.. but I got the reef flip flops I've been wanting and a pair of earrings.

Anyways on the T ride back home.. two boys ran up to me and called me a fox.. but they were wasted and hanging all over me. I lied and said Chris was my man to get them off of me, because they were NOT the kind of boys that i'd want to date. Slightly flatering.. but mostly I was preoccupied thinking about how bad I wanted to wash my hands after shaking them. (yes they were pretty bad). Anyways.. after that we went to chris and his roomated erins house and had a bbq with three of the girls in our program.. drank a bucket of margaritas and hung out. It cheered me up.. and you all cheered me up too!! THANKS A TON.

cross your fingers a boy (that is not drunk on the subway) notices me soon!

--------------------

Andrew and I... new
      #183628 - 06/05/05 09:13 AM
retrograde

met about 2 years ago now when we were both just finishing high school. He actually grew up on the other side of the country from me and had just come to Ontario to do his final year of high school and live with his aunt and uncle, but I hadn't met him all year. Anyway, some of my (male) friends were at my house just hanging out and they asked if they could invite over a friend of theirs (touting that he was really hot, but unfortunately straight, lol). When I first met him I totally misjudged him as this major idiot jock - he was on the basketball team, while I was (am!) a total dork who would never ever picture myself going for a jock-type! lol

Anyway despite the misjudgement, by the end of the night it was fairly obvious that there was chemistry between us... So we saw eachother a few more times and I discovered that I was very wrong about the idiot-jock judgement and that he was (is!) actually extremely intelligent and into literature (like me). By the end of the week I was head over heels, and a few months later we were making plans to move in together! See, I was going to university in a few months (in another city) and he didn't know what he was doing so he decided to come with me and do the same - he'd never really thought about going to university to study English because no one ever really encouraged him to do that, etc. (now he's more of a hard-core student than I am! well, almost... lol)

The moving in together so soon was really a financial decision more than anything - and it just kind of 'made sense' too. We both figured we were going to be together for a really long time at that point (probably forever) and honestly it didn't seem scary at all. Now my extended family are nudging me about marriage (as suddenly all my cousins are 'getting hitched')!!! Well, not anytime soon, THAT'S for sure... lol!

Re: Erin and I... new
      #183636 - 06/05/05 09:47 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I started dating Erin last Sept-Octoberish, and it really came out of the blue. I was just back from Chicago and had a couple of days before starting classes again, when I ran into a friend of her's, Sara, at the university who I hadn't seen since I left four years prior. We ended up talking, catching up, etc., and she mentioned that I should give Erin a call because her boyfriend dumped her suddenly a couple weeks back on her birthday and she thought that I could offer some support.

The backstory to this is that I originally met Erin while I was volunteering as an organist at a church in Dartmouth. Every year they had talent shows to raise some money, and I ended up accompanying her on a couple of songs she was singing. We really got to know each other better when she was in Grade 12 and I was in my 3rd year of university, because she was interested in doing auditions for a university music programme in piano, but her current teacher didn't feel she was up to teaching the repetoire. She knew that I taught and approached me about it. For the next four to five months we worked hard on putting together a programme of pieces basically from scratch, but it was all worthwhile in the end as she was accepted to the music programme at Acadia University. During all this time though, there was no real 'spark' or anything that would have led me to believe that we would date later on.

Five years later, she had graduated with a degree in music and spent a year teaching at a studio, and I came back from Chicago where I had been working for four years. I took Sara's advice and called her up, we went out and things went (unexpectedly) very well. It turned out that she was mostly over the prior relationship, so instead of me listening to her talk about it we just chatted about a whole pile of different things, eventually closing the bar we went to. We ended up going out a few more times and eventually started dating seriously.

Completely unexpected, but that's the way it works sometimes. I wouldn't worry about not dating someone in a half-year - as the saying goes, it's better to be happy and independent than miserable in the wrong relationship. You seem to have a lot of things going for you, so it will just take that one special guy to recognize that, and the rest, as they say, will be history.

- Vincent

I can totally relate!! new
      #183639 - 06/05/05 09:59 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Wow, Ashley, when I read your post it was like reading my personal diary entry or something! We are so very similar....

I have been single since October, when I broke up with a boyfriend of eight months, and before that had a boyfriend of 3 years...so yeah, this has been the longest I've been single in a REALLY LONG TIME. Probably since I started dating as well...and the few dates I've managed to get, no sparks. It's really frustrating...And it doesn't help that I'm in a new place and started a new program, which is almost entirely guys, but none of whom I would want to date (tried that, ruined that friendship, and now it's so awkward between us )...besides the last thing I want to do is end up with another chemical engineer. I agree with most people here, that dorkiness is better than being full of yourself....but try being surrounded by 20 males who are both dorky and completely arrogant! LOL. They just think that they know everything!

I think that I'm hitting "the age" where I really want to settle down...I too turn 24 soon (end of July -- I'm a leo as well!!), and my parents were married very young (20, my mom had me at 21)...so I guess I'm starting to feel old. I've always had my plans, and they were to go to college, meet someone, get married and then go to grad school. Well, so far, I'm on track, except for the marriage part :P

And it doesn't help that ALL of my close girlfriends are either engaged or married! And many have all started having kids! I REALLY want kids now. Unfortunately, I have to wait to find a guy willing to make some first And to top it all off, my parents are teasing me about grandchildren! My dad whines about how all his other friends have grandchildren, and how it would be so cool to have some.

I'm starting to really miss all of the perks of being in a serious relationship...I'm a big time nurturer, so I love having someone to cook and clean for, and just take care of! Plus, I miss the cuddling, having someone to go out and try new things with, and having a warm body to sleep next to. And having someone love you no matter what and make you feel sexy when you are at your very lowest Sigh.

And it doesn't help that I think I am very picky...Especially now that I do want something serious. So ya, I feel your pain Ashley! I keep thinking if I don't focus on it, it will happen. But how long does a girl have to wait?!?!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

steather... new
      #183665 - 06/05/05 11:52 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh man we really are alot alike in this respect.

I know what you mean about dating people in the same profession... that was one issue I had with this guy i dated from my program.

and I'm alot like you too with being a nurturer and I totally eat all of that up.. when you're alone its not as fun . We're also pretty much the same age.. I'm 24 August 13th.. so pretty close to you.

Plus.. its really true that EVERYONE around me is getting married. Four girls in my program just got engaged (all 22-23 years old) and my first roomate in college just got engaged.. as well as my roomate last year. Its ridiculous. It just makes me feel more single than ever. haha.

thanks for commiserating.. are you almost done with school.. or how have you branched out to make new friends?

--------------------

#183853 - 06/06/05 06:36 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

My sophomore year of college, one of my friends threw a party for a bunch of us in our dorm who weren't going home for Easter. After the party, I was helping her clean up, and while I was in her room, a guy she knew from her hometown (Houston) came by (he had also been at the party, but I didn't meet him until afterwards in her room). She introduced us, and we talked for a few minutes, and I went to my room to go to bed. Over the next two weeks, the guy (Mac) showed up more and more in my friend's room while we were all doing homework, and also showed up at the Honors program talent show another friend and I were in. One night, at the end of those two weeks, Mac showed up at my dorm room door, wouldn't come in my room, and asked me to ask him out on whatever my version of coffee was (since he knew I can't have coffee), that there was no time table, and that I knew where he lived. And then he walked away. I was freaking out! I ended up asking him to go for a walk the next night, and we hit off from there. We've been dating two years as of last month, and he's moving in with me this week!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#183865 - 06/06/05 07:07 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I met my husband when he was 15 and I was 16. I was friends with his sister in highschool and went to her house one day after track practice. She brought me upstairs to introduce me to him and he was playing with circuit boards or something (he's an engineer now). I thought "What a dork!" He liked me right away (he says) and asked me out repeatedly for a few years, to which I always said NO WAY! But we all hung out together so we were friends, I just refused to go on a date with him! When I graduated highschool he wrote me this long love letter (which I still have of course) but freshman year of college was rough and we couldn't quite get it together. (At one point he said he didn't "like" me anymore!!
But when he got to school (lived in the same dorm as me) things sort of picked up and the rest is history. We dated for 6.5 years, were engaged for 1.5, and now we've been married for 2.5 years. We've known each other a LONG time!

I really think the good relationships come long when you least expect it.

--------------------

The M word new
      #183919 - 06/06/05 09:27 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey Ashley -- don't let the whole 'everyone else is doing it' get you down. Just move at your own pace, and things will happen. Just as an aside, when I lived in the United States I noticed that people seemed to get married younger than I was used to. I just looked it up and it turns out that in Canada the average age is 28.2 for females and 30.2 for males vs around 25 and 27 in the USA nationally. Apparently the average age to marry in the US is also lower than most other developed countries, espeically Scandanavian countries, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. I guess my point is that if you lived anywhere else, the pressure to get married soon would be much less.

I don't know if that helps any, but I thought it might be good to know that, at least from a more global perspective, you're still on the right track!

- Vincent

#183968 - 06/06/05 12:19 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I met Eric on a blind date. He used to live with a friend and his friends wife, and I worked with his friends wife. She gave Eric my phone number and a picture of me, and gave me a picture of him, and after talking on the phone for about a week, we met at a sports bar.

June 12th will be 8 years since we met... my how time flies!!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#183971 - 06/06/05 12:32 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Well Ash, you know my story pretty much as well as I do, but for anyone else who is interested ...

I've known my bf for about 10 years. I was 14 when I met him; he's my older brother's best friend. We were just friends, or even just acquaintances, for more than 6 years. My ex, who was never jealous of anyone ever (he really didn't care too much about me or our relationship) was the first one to point out bf's apparently obvious attraction to me. I was oblivious. When the ex and I were in the middle of a long goodbye, my bf basically swooped in and wooed me. I was VERY resistant at first -- tried breaking up with him 3 times in the first few weeks -- and my brother wasn't thrilled with the whole idea either. But, we couldn't seem to stay away from each other. We had a VERY rough first year, as I was in my senior year of college and he was 4 hours away. I was dealing with exbf drama, and sorority drama, and freaking out about applying to law school, etc. It was ugly. But, we managed to pull through. When I graduated we were finally really exclusive and "officially" together. It was great, until he moved 4 months later. He's been in London now for almost 2 years. When he left, we just said we'd see where things went. We didn't promise forever or anything. Well, things have gone really nicely. Even though I miss him, our relationship works for us. We've visited 7 different countries since he's moved, and that's been great fun. I spent last summer there with him, and it was wonderful. And, I'm so amazingly busy with law school that I can't imagine having to fit him into my daily schedule too. I barely go home, except to sleep and shower. So, for now it's working. Obviously I want him to move home, or I want to move there, somtime soon. But, for now, we're just figuring out what we both want and how we can both be happy. So, we'll see.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#184002 - 06/06/05 01:15 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ashley, you're as sweet as anything, you'll gte a guy! Don't you worry!

Work new
      #184027 - 06/06/05 02:14 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I worked FT at an Office Depot and my hubby was working there PT. We kinda flirted and even went out w/ a buncha people from work to a night club where we kissed. But I had a BF at the time who happened to be at the night club (unbeknownst to me) and saw the kiss and broke up w/ me (rightfully).

But I was upset so I tried to get back w/ the BF and pushed the hubby away. But his best friend ended up dating my sister and so I ran into my hubby at my sister's house one night and we been together ever since! But my sister and hubby's best friend didn't end up working out!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: thanks ptillen.. maybe i'll try online sometime?! Is it really safe, thats my worry. -nt- new
      #184097 - 06/06/05 06:22 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I think it's safe as long as you're smart about it. Don't give your address to anyone- meet them. Drive there yourself. Maybe meet for lunch or coffee (daytime) the first time around. Have your phone at the ready. Don't give any information you're not completely comfortable with giving, and until you're completely comfortable giving it.
As long as you use some common sense and trust your intuitions, Obi-Wan, (ooh, sorry, just saw Star Wars yesterday)- it's pretty safe.

#184178 - 06/07/05 07:00 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I read your posts and find it hilarious that somebody called you foxy! Do people still say that?!

I can tell from your posts and your profile that you have a great personality and you are beautiful so I know it will happen for you. I only wish you lived closer b/c I know a ton of single guys but I can never find quality women to set them up with.
I met my fiancee through a friend. It was during a time when I was loving being single and I wasn't looking for a serious boyfriend. However, he's my soulmate and 3 1/2 years later we're preparing to get married in 6 weeks! I am 28 and have felt no pressure to get married. We're doing it now b/c it feels right, not because of our age. It will come for you too!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#184193 - 06/07/05 07:56 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ashley, I can't believe your friends are engaged/getting married! We must marry way later over here, I am just turned 29 and I am at the stage where everyone is getting engaged/married but that's 4/5 years on from you...my solution....move to Dublin!!! (I have two brothers I offered to Brittany before but she turned me down, both are students, one is 26 and doing a Masters in Journalism, the other is 22 and just finished an arts degree and is hoping to start a Law postgrad in September- both eligible and very single!----------------JOKE!)

hang in there hon,

--------------------
S.

This is a neat thread! new
      #184210 - 06/07/05 08:30 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

It was my senior year in college, and I was moving into my dorm. A dorm-mate and her boyfriend were in the den area, and I popped in to say hello. I attended a girls college, and my friend's boyfriend was from the military college up the road, so I said "Hey, if you know anybody I could have a good time with this year, let me know. Nothing serious, I just want to have a good time!" Well, that quareter he had a new room-mate, and my friend said, "We ought to introduce them - they even look alike!"

Well, a couple of weeks went by, and I forgot all about that little conversation when my freind came running up the stairs and said "Hey! I saw that Tony's roommate, remember the one I told you about? I gave him your number is that ok?" A little too late to do anything about that wasn't it? I never dreamed he would call, but when he did...we talked for hours! We talked every day for a week when he asked me out. We met on October 1st (I told my sister the next day I'd met the man I was going to marry!), he proposed on November the 9th, and we married the next September. That was almost 16 years ago now.

I didn't plan to marry at 22, but that's the way it worked out. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Enjoy school! Enjoy life! You will meet the right person when it is time.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

snowy.... new
      #184290 - 06/07/05 10:23 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yeah.. foxy cracked me up too because I have not heard that word in YEARS!!! I think they were a tad bit drunk (at 3pm?!?!) so maybe that's where foxy came from

--------------------

#184292 - 06/07/05 10:24 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hahaha.. oh yeah well Britney's still busy with her new man.. ARE YOU BRITNEY?!?! I haven't heard from you in awhile.

Anyways Sinead.. it is weird.. I think marrying happens in spurts in the US and the first spurt is definitly a year or two out of college.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review