All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: More on Buspar new
      #182664 - 06/01/05 04:33 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Personally, I think her doctor tells her it helps her, so she relaxs and feels calmer on the flight. I don't think the stuff works that quickly . .. but maybe I'm wrong!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: buspar: Maria! & BL new
      #182665 - 06/01/05 04:35 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

thanx bunches, i love purple, too, but it's not original:

http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

#182666 - 06/01/05 04:36 PM
pulse

NEVER underestimate the placebo-effect - that's my motto!

#182674 - 06/01/05 04:47 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

NEVER underestimate the placebo-effect - that's my motto! That's very true! What an intriguing phenomenon...I've been meaning to read up on it. I wasn't expecting any relief from Buspar (I argued against taking meds), so I'm pretty pleased and amazed with the results.

#182689 - 06/01/05 05:26 PM
pulse

i meant placebo a probability for the gal on the plane flights.

in your case, it sure sounds like the buspar is working, tho. congrats!

nothing wrong with taking meds; more people should be open-minded toward them, as some could benefit enormously.

now, if we just had tests available to determine what is the best psych med/s match for each individual. we may see that in the next few yrs...or....perhaps sometime before i die. yes, i'm abit cynical...

Re: Buspar/sex drive new
      #182717 - 06/01/05 07:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Buspar really truly madly deeply escalates the sex drive and the intensity of sexual release, at least in my experience.

Now, if only I could lose my people-phobia and start dating again. I still just feel like a freak, i.e. UGLIER than the UGLY DUCKLING. I figure, that some people are just born that way, i.e. me. My hair fell out--it's nearly grown back--for the most MYSTERIOUS reason, i.e. the reason has not been isolated except perhaps a malabsorption problem.

I used to be sexy, in a bedhead kind of way...in a precocious interesting intelligent spontaneous kind of way.

I'm only thirty! Way to young to be a crone.

Re: buspar: Maria! & BL new
      #182719 - 06/01/05 07:25 PM
Wind

Re: Buspar and nausea, etc.

Yes, IT DOES NAUSEATE me. How do I deal with it?

1. Lots of herbal tea.
2. Heather's diet. Honestly, sf helps move/digest the pill.
3. It is a rather "morning-sickness" like feeling, or airplane sickness feeling.
4. It decreases with time.
5. A little sea salt. I think it really lowers my blood pressure.
Note: Sometimes, I crush the pill and mix it with food.

Seriously, though, for me this pill is a sanity saving grace.

Re: buspar: Wind new
      #182737 - 06/01/05 08:55 PM
pulse

you've got me rolling with your description of buspar-enhanced sex drive + people phobia combo. we must be twins on the 2nd.

at 53, having had a slightly early meno at 46, plus the better part of 25+ yrs on antidepressants, my sex-drive got up and went LONG ago, and frankly, now, i could care less. all things considered, it's actually a relief!, because i always had the misfortune of pairing up with sexually driven men - i mean, just WAY too much. obviously, now i'm divorced. lol. only a small part of the reason, tho. i swear!

i stopped dating completely by choice over 5 yrs ago, and not a day goes by that i regret that decision! i'm almost never lonely.

it would be distressing at 30, tho. well, at least you are 1 of the 2 people in our survey here for whom buspar works wonders. thanx for the anti-nausea tips! never heard of using sea salt - got to remember that one and the crushing up in food.

Re: Pulse/Buspar new
      #182874 - 06/02/05 09:29 AM
Wind

You're welcome re: nausea notes. Seriously, "sea salt" makes a world of difference, and crushing the pill into food or taking it with food does too, something really boring and bland. I've even put it in applesauce or a smoothie. But something "carb." Herbal tea as well. Even "flat" club soda, or gingerale. I let the bottle go flat a day or so before.

I had an even earlier cessation of menstruation, than you. I have epilepsy and bipolar disorder and the drugs and/or anorexia basically ended my periods when I was twenty-one.
I still had a raging sex drive, though. In my wild days--I can't believe the "whore" icon I used to be I'd have marathon sex. Maybe my sex drive/hormones never dried up because of my illicit experience with older men (older than my father) at such a young age. Honestly, though I can't believe HOW MUCH STRONGER my sex drive is. It's driving me nuts being so randy and so people-phobic. Heck, even driving makes me randy. I just don't get it! It really intensifies not only your sexual response, the duration and muliplicity of your responses but the whole sensual and sensory aspect of being sexual and sensual beings. Even a change of temperature can do this. I really just don't get it. It's like a freaking opera in my body and my people phobias are ruining my life at the age of thirty.

Re: Pulse/Buspar
      #182893 - 06/02/05 10:56 AM
pulse

well, from what i know and have seen, these sex-related differences between us can be boiled down to one thing & one thing only: you are bipolar; i am depressive. i admit i can't imagine what it would be like to have EVER had a raging sex drive. and like i said, it's no longer a concern whatsoever. it's at the bottom of my list of important things in my life. HA! but, my last ex s.o. was classic bipolar I, so the only way we connected sexually was LOTS of cocaine. lol. that was almost a decade ago.

i went into eating disorder treatment briefly in my early 30's, but the 'jury' remains out on whether or not i've ever had true anorexia. my eating behavior was to be a restrictor only...i never weighed portions, never counted calories, never binged or purged or abused laxatives for weight puposes, nor did excessive exercising. my restricting is still a problem & a very hard thing to unlearn. as the years go by, i'm personally almost 100% convinced that i'm not a true anorectic; my low appetite and (formally!) life-long ultra low weight are/were just typical symptoms of my chronic or recurrent major depressive disorder w/ anxiety.

are you being treated with a stabilizer for your bipolar? depakote balanced the sex deal/s for my ex, right along with balancing everything else out. he was much happier with himself that way. the people phobia he did not share with you & i, tho. he was an extrovert.

as an only child, i'm socially adept IF i feel like putting out the effort, on any give day. but, i would never call myself a people person, nor would i want to be. to be very candid, all my life, i've found it very hard to find people who don't either bore me, or exhaust/ drain me. i've been able to maintain some decades-long close friendships. i now have quite a few good friends from the net, too. that's plenty good enough for me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5026

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review