All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling bad and my IBS is acting up....
      #180962 - 05/24/05 12:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

So. After losing my friend to cancer last week, it's been a roller coaster. I feel sort of numb now. It's hard. My IBS has destabilized and for the first time in years, it's acting up. I think it's due to the med change. I go back into the Doc tomorrow about the med change to make sure it's ok. The nausea is finally easing and I'm eating a bit better. Except for the fact that my IBS is now getting in the way. I think that my old anti-depressants were helping my IBS. Sigh.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling bad and my IBS is acting up.... new
      #180965 - 05/24/05 01:25 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,

I am so sorry for all that you have gone through lately, I can't even imagine how difficult the past few weeks have been for you. Honestly, I am not surprised that with all this going on that your tummy has reacted. Since you have been stable for so long, I am sure that once your life starts to calm down and feel 'normal' again that your tummy will follow suit - I just hope that happens ASAP.
Nausea is the worst, I am glad it is calming down and you are managing to eat. I always have to make myself eat when I feel that nauseous, but it always helps.
Good luck at your doctors appointment tomorrow, I hope he/she can sort out your meds for you and help get you back on track.

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#180967 - 05/24/05 01:29 PM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

So sorry to hear about your friend. I, too, lost one of my friends recently (she was a fellow teacher and a month older than I am.) And after reading your post I just realized that MY IBS has been out of whack since then too! I was stable for months and now it's back full strength...at least the horrible pain I had for over a week is gone! Guess we just have to be thankful we knew them and do the best we can to take care of ourselves. Wish I knew what else to say. Guess it tells us that stress is a huge factor in all this too! Judy

Still praying for you as you go through this tough time! HUGS!!! -nt- new
      #180972 - 05/24/05 01:37 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#181031 - 05/24/05 06:49 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh honey hang in there! I know how rough it must be. ***HUGS***

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1179

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review