All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
8/21- Scripture for today: Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good. When trouble comes, He is ...."
      #17983 - 08/21/03 10:03 AM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

A promise from God:

"The LORD is good. When trouble comes, He is a strong refuge. And He knows everyone who trusts in Him!"
----------
I'm so grateful my Father in Heaven knows me - and knows ALL about me - and loves me anyway! I'm forever grateful that my Abba Father is a strong refuge for me, based on my faith in Him through His Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'm eternally grateful to the ones who shared the Gospel with me when I didn't want to hear it, and who prayed for me for years to come to Christ! Praise God for their faithfulness! Once I was lost, now I am found!

Praying for the blessings of God to be yours today and every day, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 8/21- Scripture for today: Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good. When trouble comes, He is ...." new
      #18066 - 08/21/03 04:46 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

That scripture is amazing. I have just had the most rotten few days. On Sunday, Luke my Aspergers son lost it totally and threw things at me, smashed things etc. I ended up with a bruise on my leg and I took a few days off work just to get myself together. Through all of that I have felt the Lord walking beside me and even carrying me! We are on the list to see someone at the Mental Health services at the hospital and today we find out if we get in sooner rather than later. Any and all prayers appreciated.
Trish

Re: 8/21- Scripture for today: Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good. When trouble comes, He is ...." new
      #18266 - 08/22/03 06:08 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

Great scripture! Thanks for sharing it and for your thoughts on it. The Lord IS good! How could we make it without Him? Praying for you, Trish.

Comfort from Isaiah.... new
      #18400 - 08/24/03 01:22 PM
KaybeeC

Trish, I'll certainly keep you and Luke and your entire family in my prayers! I can't imagine what you're going through. Praise God for His presence in your life! His Word promises that He will help the mothers take care of their children - from Isaiah:

Isaiah 40:10-11 --

"Behold, the LORD GOD will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock. In His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes."

While you're long past the nursing stage, God knows your needs and Luke's - and will faithfully lead you:

Isaiah 42:16 -- "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, in paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them and rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone."

No matter how rugged or dark or long your path, God Himself has gone before you and is walking beside you - and Christ Himself is in you! How wonderful that you've experienced this and acknowledge His grace and provision for you! He is faithful.... and I believe and trust that He will fulfill His plan for you and for Luke (Ps 138:8).

Even as I write this, I have to acknowledge that I needed to read these words today for myself - while our challenges and needs are different, God is all-wise, all-knowing, the one true God, never changing! I'm forever grateful....

Blessings in Christ,
Kaybee C

Amen! When I think of my life before Christ..... new
      #18401 - 08/24/03 01:34 PM
KaybeeC

.... I can hardly imagine where I'd be now! I imagine many people would think that we're off-base for saying that we couldn't make it without Him, or arrogant for asking "How do people make it through the trials without Christ?" But we know that we know that we know... and it's like reliving a miracle to remember what even my thought processes were like before receiving Christ - compared to what I know now. Just the wonderful security that I don't have to depend on my own human strength or wisdom (both of which are in short supply for me!) is enough to make me weep.

One of my biggest challenges is to continue praying faithfully, without giving in to despair, for the people in my life who are so strong that they don't recognize any need for a Savior! Sometimes I just hear the enemy whisper, "Give up - they'll never believe! You're wasting your time." I just keep asking the Lord to make sure and not let me stop praying! I remember how my uncle prayed for me for so many years - (and I guess I won't know until Heaven how many people have prayed for me) - and now, he's been blessed to see the fruit of his prayers!

Praying God will meet all your needs out of the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus!

Blessings in Him,
Kaybee C

#18456 - 08/24/03 11:18 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Thanks for the support and love! I don't really have anyone here to support me. So, it is really lovely Jesus in person!

Love
Trish

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2034

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review