All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Who's taken Clomid before?
      #176633 - 05/04/05 02:38 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, so as many of you know, I'm going through fertility issues. I seem to get pregnant ok but can't carry the pregnancy. The RE I'm seeing believes this may be due to low progesterone. I finished a 5 day course of 100mg of clomid. I took the last dose on Sunday. Mostly I've had a terrible headache fro almost a week now, major hot flashes and some emotional issues. But, the last 2 days, my tummy has hurt SO bad.

Its not the usual IBS hurt. Its a constant, sharp pain and it was just on the right side, like where your ovary is and now its also on the left side also. I've read on line that the clomid can cause your ovaries to swell a bit and cause some discomfort. In RARE cases it can cause your ovary to burst or fluid to leak into your abdomin. I keep telling myself that everything is fine but the pain is pretty pronouanced and since my hormones are SO out of wack, I just don't know if I'm being resonable or not. At what point do I worry? I have an ultrasound set up for Friday at 8:30 am to check on my ovaries so I don't really want to bother the RE if I'm just over reacting. I'm not ovulating yet according to the ovulation test I did today so I'm afraid if my eggs keep growing, my ovaries may burst out of my tummy?!!

I'm not crying in pain but I also don't think I'll be going to my swimming class tonight that I like so much. My tummy is SO swellon (IBS?) I had to wear a baggy dress today, fat pants even too tight. I'm just so hormonal, I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore which is way I haven't been posting a lot the last few days! Anyone else here ever take clomid or have any comments?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My ovaries really hurt on clomid new
      #176648 - 05/04/05 04:15 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I don't want you to ignore it if there could be a problem, but if it makes you feel better, I felt like I could FEEL my ovaries releasing the eggs - it hurt. You say you should not be ovulating yet though... maybe they're just gearign up to release? I don't know. But I do remember feeling that way. GL!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Who's taken Clomid before? new
      #176698 - 05/04/05 09:03 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Michele,

I have taken clomid before in 1999. I think you should see your doctor tomorrow. She can do a pelvic exam to see if there are cysts on the ovary and evaluate what should be done if there are. Cysts do hurt when they rupture and I doubt you would be going about your normal routine if that had happened, but I don't know maybe you have really high pain tolerance. It could be that you have some small cysts on the ovary (unruptured) and they are being irritated by constipation. This has happened to me several times (even when not on clomid). On the other hand, it could be a serious problem. It was quite serious for me and I ignored the symtoms thinking that it would just go away, but suddenly I became deathly ill and I had to go to the hospital. I won't give details unless you really want to know, but if I had it to do it again, I would seek medical help musch sooner than I did! Please, please see your doctor as soon as you can. It may just be side effects, but please be on the safe side.

Laura

Re: Who's taken Clomid before? new
      #176736 - 05/05/05 05:30 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I've never taken it before Michele but my SIL has and I know that she experienced feelings like that in her abdomen. But if it is really bothering you I would put a call into your doctor and ask. Maybe they might squeeze you in today for an early ultrasound. Good luck hon!

Want to follow up by saying it never hurts to check it out!! hugs nt new
      #176742 - 05/05/05 05:39 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: My ovaries really hurt on clomid new
      #176801 - 05/05/05 08:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks girls. I went home last night and went to bed. My tummy is huge today and still painful. I called the RE's office and talked with the nurse. She said that as long as I'm not completey doubled over or bleeding that its just from the follicles being over stimulated. She said if it gets worse to call back but otherwise they would see me in the morning for the bloodwork and ultrasound. Everyone keep there fingers croseed that I get pregnant right away and that it sticks so I don't have to go through all this again!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1099

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review