All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: How are you feeling physically? new
      #179627 - 05/17/05 03:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, besides PMS'ing REALLY bad!! LOL

Much better then this time last week.... it still really hurts when I have to turn my head to check blind spots. Thanks so much for asking....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How are you feeling physically? new
      #179760 - 05/18/05 06:22 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hope that you are feeling better, and good luck with finding a new car!

--------------------
-Sheri

UPDATE #7 - Car Accident :( new
      #179840 - 05/18/05 10:39 AM
Shell Marr

Just got off the phone with the Insurance co.

Good thing is... this guy that Shane just talked to, he KNOWS from when he used to work for Progressive!! So, that means Shane knows BOTH the guy at the body shop and the insurance!! Insurance guy is trying really hard to get us answers today.... and right now it is looking like they will just repair the car... but he is still working on numbers and making some calls.

Body shop estimate is $6,167.33
Insurance companies was $1,947.93 It is now $4,976 (less then the body shop due to couple of little digs on the trunk (well closer to the rear window) that may not have been accident related, labor to fix would not be much..but then you add paint & time for that it adds up...Shane requested the digital picture he took this morning be emailed to him)

Insurance guy figures IF it is fixed.... I will have a rental for about 2 weeks. So, I just called the rental company and told them I wanted a different car.... 1) the cigarette lighters do not work so my cell is not charged...2) there is a funny smell in there... like someone threw up! GROSS!! So, I'm waiting for a call back on that.....

Shane told the insurance guy that we NEEDED to know if we need to be car shopping by Thurs at the latest because we will be out of town next weekend so shopping would need to happen this weekend....and he was totally cool with that.

I'll keep ya posted.....

--------------------

Total empathy from me... new
      #179955 - 05/18/05 06:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Shell... just wanted to empathize with your car troubles. Today while I was driving my car started flashing STOP!!! at me in big red lights and making a horrible warning beep. Apparently a piece of road trash that flew up under the belly of the car broke something and I had no oil pressure. I didn't even know our car could tell us to stop driving it. I called AAA and had our car towed (meanwhile my husband called Enterprise and got a rental, as we only have one car). We get the car to the auto shop and they ask if I want to have the body damage repaired. Body damage??? I say. Turns out someone ran into the side of the car today while it was parked and flattened a bunch of it while leaving big SUV tire prints. Awesome. We're paying for a rental until Monday and hopefully the car will be fixed by then. What a pain in the butt!!!!

GOOD luck!!! new
      #179996 - 05/19/05 05:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope it all works out! though what will you do? get the SUV you wanted now?? or just get something that can get you through for the next year or 2???

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

UPDATE #8 - Car Accident :( new
      #180072 - 05/19/05 10:03 AM
Shell Marr

I just talked to insurance guy....his final estimate is $4,745.30 (this includes the chips being spot refinished that had nothing to do with the accident) Metro Auto Rebuild is starting the repairs. I should have my car back approx. 6/1-6/2 (13 days). Until then I'm in a 2005 Kia Rio...it's all right but I already miss all the "power stuff" in my car.... oh well...really it is only about 7-8 day of "driving it" due to the long weekend that we will be out of town and we will use Shane's car!!

Such a relief that I don't have to worry about car shoppin right now!!

--------------------

Re: UPDATE #8 - Car Accident :( new
      #180074 - 05/19/05 10:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Glad to hear things are working out with the car. When hubby got into his accident in Feb. the cost was 11,000 in damages! We were with a rental car for 3 weeks and then he had to drive 2 hours north to get the truck. We dealt with Progressive insurance and they were great!!! In Michigan we have no- fault so our insurance company pays for the damage. Of course I can't wait to see our premiums next time around! One note however a car is never the same after an accident. We are having some problems with hubby's truck now and we are thinking about getting a new car. If you can swing it I might suggest that you continue your car shopping. It might be less hassle in the future!

Re: UPDATE #8 - Car Accident :( new
      #180078 - 05/19/05 10:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Glad to hear things are working out with the car. When hubby got into his accident in Feb. the cost was 11,000 in damages! We were with a rental car for 3 weeks and then he had to drive 2 hours north to get the truck. We dealt with Progressive insurance and they were great!!! In Michigan we have no- fault so our insurance company pays for the damage. Of course I can't wait to see our premiums next time around! One note however a car is never the same after an accident. We are having some problems with hubby's truck now and we are thinking about getting a new car. If you can swing it I might suggest that you continue your car shopping. It might be less hassle in the future!

Thanks for the advise!! Yes, we will keep looking.... I just hated the thought of being RUSHED to make a deal so I had a car to drive. We need to scrap about a 1,000+ for a down... because my car as a trade in would be a wash... because I owe what it is worth on the loan.

--------------------

thats great.. I just hope, with the frame damage... new
      #180286 - 05/20/05 07:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

that its as good post repair as before. I know my Subaru took over 5k in damages in the aftermath of the fire, but that was fire damage and all body, electrical type stuff- no frame.. and was as good as new afterwards!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: thats great.. I just hope, with the frame damage... new
      #180301 - 05/20/05 08:30 AM
Shell Marr

Yes, fingers are crossed!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24369

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review