All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: UPDATE - Car Accident :( new
      #176623 - 05/04/05 01:55 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I think you posted the update while I was replying to your first message! You're so sneeky! I'm glad the other person admitted fault and enjoy the drugs!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE - Car Accident :( new
      #176634 - 05/04/05 02:38 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

the other person admitting fault is good, let us know how you get on at the Dr.

--------------------
S.

UPDATE #2 - Car Accident :( new
      #176650 - 05/04/05 05:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE........

Just got home from my Dr appointment. He says I have a sprain on my left side shoulder/neck... it is clearly tighter then the right. I need to ice it and take short hot showers (so it does not swell up with heat on it too long) and keep taking ibuprofen.... I'm fine with that since I know it will not upset my tummy.... I CAN'T afford to be sick (IBS wise) on this New Orleans trip.... we fly out at 6am Friday....he said it might be worse tomorrow then today.... and could last 2-3 weeks, however not hurting as bad. If it does not ease up in 2 weeks he wants to hear about it.

So, I'm home for the night....stopped and got some "Calm" tea Chamomile... and will just take it easy..... I'll get lunches packed next so I can rest after dinner. Shane is so cute...calling me every hour or so to check on me. He couldn't care less about the car.....

I will take my car to the other guys insurance for a "drive in appraisal" Thur at 2pm (on my lunch hour ) otherwise they could not come TO ME until Monday and that would just drive me crazy over the weekend not knowing anything.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

{{{hugs}}} new
      #176716 - 05/04/05 11:27 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh lordy Shell, I just read this! Take GOOD care of yourself, okay? Make Shane pamper you rotten. MAke sure you REALLY take care of that sprain so you don't get long lasting trouble.

{{{hugs}}}

good luck! new
      #176756 - 05/05/05 06:41 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope it all works out! *HUG* at least he admitted fault and sprains are minor.. you will recover.. and if a bit stiff shoudl still enjoy your trip!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: UPDATE #2 - Car Accident :( new
      #176775 - 05/05/05 07:27 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hugs to you Shell. A sprain neck and shoulder can be painful, you may want to consider physical thearpy if there is no improvement in a couple of weeks.

A great way to ice yourself is to do a deep ice massage two to three times a day. Take an ice cube and put it directly on the the affected area and move it around in circles pushing hard until the ice cube melts. Afterwards message Biofreeze to the area. You should beable to buy biofreeze at the drug store.

Hang in there - I went through the same injury 7 years ago from a car accident. Muscle injuries can take awhile to heal.

Re: UPDATE #2 - Car Accident :( new
      #176947 - 05/05/05 04:27 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Glad you are ok Shell! Glad also that you saw the doc. My sister was just in a car accident too and about two days later her back started hurting her. She thought she was ok but the pain hit her later. Her doc also said it could be 2-3 weeks before it heals.
Oh I hope you feel better for your trip...it's that always what happens when you plan a trip!! Two days before our Disney trip my 10 year old sprained his foot. He went on crutches. We made the best out of it though!

Hope you are feeling better real soon!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Car Accident :( new
      #177048 - 05/06/05 06:17 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh my goodness! How scary. I'm glad you'll be okay. Take care.

UPDATE #3 - Car Accident :( new
      #178264 - 05/11/05 10:36 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Here is a copy of an email I just sent to Shane at work........

Quote:

I need you to call Safco please I don't recall her name but her # is ***-***-**** (she has me in tears and I can't deal with this here).

They are mailing me a check for $1947.93 today for the repairs to my car. She said to take it to the shop of my choice and then if there are any additional repairs that need to be done they will pay the shop directly. She said this is very common.

I asked her for a rental car... she said the only time she can authorize a rental is for WHEN the repairs are being done...NOT to get an estimate. I argued with her about it..... She said, YOU are picking this shop and it is not her fault that they are only open Mon-Fri 8-5pm.... I have to figure out transportation on my own to get to and from work, do it on my lunch hour, or pick another shop...

There is no way I can get this done on my lunch hour... it is too far away.

I said, "What is your number, you will need to talk to my husband because you are really frustrating me" she gave me the # and I said thanks and hung up.

Please note* the last conversation I had with her on THURSDAY... someone was going to call me on Monday to check in with me and see how I was doing.... and this is the 1st time someone ever called me. She did not even ask how I was. GRUMP!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: UPDATE #3 - Car Accident :( new
      #178267 - 05/11/05 10:42 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sorry you are having no joy with your insurance company Shell, hope Shane sorts them out for you. I get so frustrated with bad service like that too.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24371

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review