All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Have to say this... I FEEL GOOD!!!
      #176333 - 05/03/05 07:11 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

As I'm recovering here, a few days post-op it really became clear just HOW MUCH BETTER I am!! The first few days were AWFUL and on top of all else I had a horrible migraine from the sudden change in blood flow, plus the pain meds did a number on my tummy that is still working itself back out. There is still some inflammation and such around the actual area where all the METAL is (still weird to think about) but with all that said, I cannot put into words to you how much better I am. I went into church this past Sunday happy and smiling and walking upright and not like some 80 year old woman, I must look completely different mostly "pain free", I cringe to think what I've been looking like lately, ugh!!! Anyway... I just feel free, free from this ordeal and also just thankful FOR going through it because I also feel free of a lot of the stress I was carrying around with me before any of this started. Lying flat on your back gives you a clear picture of the fact that the WORLD WILL KEEP turning even if you don't keep up with every single detail, and that sometimes what can be done today IS better left till tomorrow... there's so much more to enjoy and who really gives a rip. More than that I've gotten a real clear picture of the fact that the people who really love me, will care and be here no matter what.. absolutely no matter WHAT. That's huge to me! Well, didn't mean to go into all that, sheesh... point is it feels so good to be feeling SO much better but looking back I would not NOT go through all this (though I sure don't want to go through any of it again!!)

WELL - kids are home, it's been so sweet - the chaos is back with them but it's so wonderful. The boys seem so grown up all of a sudden, lately, coming out with really mature thoughts on things. And STOP THE PRESSES LUKE FINALLY LOST A TOOTH!!!! We're all so excited, WHEW, took FOREVER!! (I just added pics to his website: http://www.geocities.com/michelles2and1/lukespage.html )

Guess that's enough here, hope everyone is well, we're going to try to get back some schedule and consistency and normalcy around here. IBS will always be with me but to have that big ole monkey off my back (or out of my ovary???)... bad, sorry.... anyway, feels GOOD!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Have to say this... I FEEL GOOD!!! new
      #176339 - 05/03/05 07:24 PM

Unregistered

Yay!! I was just wondering when we'd get an update from you. I'm so glad that you're doing so well and feeling so much happier!!

And the pictures of your son with his missing tooth are so cute! Did the tooth fairy pay him a nice visit?

Glad to have you back around!!

#176341 - 05/03/05 07:33 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

How wonderful that you're recovering so well, and even more wonderful that you've gained wisdom from it. Although you sounded pretty wise to begin with. Felicitations!

YAHOO!!!! I am so happy for you!! -nt- new
      #176398 - 05/04/05 05:32 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#176401 - 05/04/05 06:00 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Michele - long time coming! I'm so glad you're feeling better! That's wonderful news.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#176782 - 05/05/05 07:44 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is great news to hear Michelle. It has been a long road for you the past couple of years - YEAH for feeling better.

Love the pictures!!!! I remember the excitment of my boys losing their first tooth and the excitment still doesn't go away every time they lose a tooth. My two oldest have lost molars and now, "here come the braces".

#176820 - 05/05/05 08:49 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

So glad to hear that you are doing well! You certainly deserve to feel that way after all that you have been through!

We knew that ya would now ;) new
      #176821 - 05/05/05 08:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Michelle, this is super duper excellent!! (I tried posting to this once before...wonder where my post went to?)

I'm sooooo happy about this...you soooo deserve all the health and happiness G-d gives you! *hugs*

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176945 - 05/05/05 04:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Michelle...So glad you are feeling better and all that you went through seems worth it now! We were all thinking about you!!!!!

Here's to feeling well and back to your old self again

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3014 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review