All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Brittany- UPDATE REQUIRED!!!! n/t new
      #176390 - 05/04/05 04:43 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hahaha....ok here's the small update (long) new
      #176412 - 05/04/05 06:22 AM

Unregistered

So I told I was free and would go but he didn't get back to me until close to 9 last night and at that point it was pouring rain out and I'd just ate dinner and I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. So I asked if we could wait another night.

So then he got online and we were talking and I was explaining that I'd lost the nerve for the night too and it was a long story but I hope he'd understand. So then he was all nice and asked what happened. Well I'll give you all the short of it: I had signed up on an online database for families searching for babysitters. I didn't think there'd be anyone in my town that would use it but I was bored and filled one out anyway (I need to watch what I do when I'm bored and near the internet apparently!). So that first family I told you about that I'm nannying for over the summer that wants to take me to London and stuff I met through this site. And the parents have to pay to search through it so I just didn't feel like it would be too sketchy. Well I was lucky with that family because they are fabulous and pay me SO well. Well last week I was contacted by another family with a 10 year girl that I'd watch like 3 nights a week and on weekends. So I went to interview with the mom yesterday and I was not prepared for how weird it was. So the mom tells me that she's recently divorced...and her house was really really run down and I'm thinking that what they can pay me probably isn't worth all I'd have to do for this family (picking the girl up in my car from camp or various family/friend houses, making dinner, helping with homework, etc). Then the mom, who seemed very nervous the whole time, was saying that the girl's dad and her other friends were against this whole getting a sitter idea and that they'd probably all want to meet me too. So I thought that was a little understandable. But then as we're going to the door to leave she says that her ex-husband will probably stop by alot and randomly when I babysit just to check up on me and make sure I'm not abducting their daughter (they are worried about all these abductions we've had down here lately). Well then I got to the car and realized how uncomfortable and odd that would be to have a random (and probably sketchy) ex-husband just popping in late at night. I don't know..it just rubs me the wrong way.

So I told him the short of that story, and then I was propositioned by like 4 creepy men yesterday plus the Montel tv show about the nightmares of online dating...and all that combined I was definitely not in the mood to throw caution to the wind and meet another random person as I was sufficiently creeped out enough yesterday.

And of course he was so nice and concerned for me. And we chatted and laughed about some stuff and then later he asks if I'd be up for doing something today. So I guess I didn't get out of it long enough...so I suppose I'll have to call him today and work something out to do. Why is this so hard for me?! Geez!

So that's the update for now - alot and alot of nothing at the same time. haha..well I'll let you all know how it goes if I do something with him today IF and when I work up the nerve for that. I don't like when the ball is in my court!

Yep....I MUST know first...... new
      #176421 - 05/04/05 06:30 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Havent been able to reply to your posts with the masses of work I have, but obviousy I already knew about your situation and all, hope everything goes well today....I say go for it...even if your legs end up shaking and u feel like ur gona pass out at the thought....trust me that time I went over to dans flat on my own to ask fof him I thought I was gona die!! I know how nervous u wil be but you never know I bet you'll feel comfortable with him right away, thats what happened the first time with me and I thought what have I been worrying about for so long?? I think meeting him for an hour or two is harmless and remember u can always make an excuse to leave if things dont feel right...I HATE the ball being in my court too, but just see how it goes, go with the flow dont over analysise and plan and stuff thats what I do ALL the time and it causes nothing but stress!! I REALLY hope things work out.....u MUST keep me updated!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK.....YOU WONT NEED IT!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

LoL new
      #176424 - 05/04/05 06:30 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I used to hate when the ball was in my court too!
Good luck today if you go....
Do you have a picture of this guy or anything?

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LoL new
      #176426 - 05/04/05 06:32 AM

Unregistered

Haha thanks Cara.

And yeah I do have a picture. Should I post it?!? haha...

Yea POST IT!!!! n/t new
      #176428 - 05/04/05 06:33 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Yeah! :) new
      #176430 - 05/04/05 06:34 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Then we can all check and see if he's wanted in any of the states.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hahaha....ok here's the small update (long) new
      #176457 - 05/04/05 07:22 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh have fun and definatelyy keep this old married lady updated on the fun of dating!

i agree POST THE PIC BRITTANY! N/T new
      #176553 - 05/04/05 12:06 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

Re: Hahaha....ok here's the small update (long) new
      #176560 - 05/04/05 12:21 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

So when are you going to meet him?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review