All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help, I am losing weight....
      #175568 - 05/01/05 06:00 PM
522_KW

Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Canada

I am 120 lbs. and I am still losing weight gradually. I am having a difficult time with my endometriosis right now and I am also have IBS attacks lately?! I stick to the IBS Diet and Foods that I can eat...but I cant afford to keep losing weight?! I was suggested to drink a soy protein powder drink mix...but I am not sure if this will help me or cause IBS to be worse?! Should I try the mix or does anyone know of any other solution to my dilemma??? Please help!!!
Tks, Kimberly, BC Canada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help, I am losing weight.... new
      #175571 - 05/01/05 06:31 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello and Welcome! Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time right now, but you've come to the right place You mentioned that you have endometriosis, are you on any treatment for it? Have you had surgery or anything? I have endometriosis too and I find it makes my IBS much worse...if I can keep the endo under control than my bowel symptoms are much better.

As for the weight loss, check out the recipes on this site and the diet board for some of the higher calorie treats. Heather has some awesome recipes for bread that are good, and tons of desserts that should help with the weight loss. I know for me, making sure that I'm eating enough (and every 2-3 hours) helps with the endo-related cramps. If I don't eat enough, they get worse.

Hope that helps!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1035 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 413

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review