All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
So, You've all given up alcohol, have you?!
      #173102 - 04/24/05 10:11 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

I haven't yet. I was just seeking some consolation. I haven't actually started the diet yet but I will, and this might include giving up alcohol. .. and Im young so.. -peer pressure!! Oh no.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So, You've all given up alcohol, have you?! new
      #173109 - 04/24/05 10:51 AM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I have been on the diet for about over 3 months. I started out the first month with no alcohol at all. After a month I tried it. I didn't notice a big difference. However I only drink Michelob Ultra beer. All of the other fruity sugary drinks are dangerous. No shots none the less. You kinda have to experiment.

Well//// new
      #173115 - 04/24/05 11:32 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

have I totally banished it from my diet? no. Do I suffer the next day? Heck yeah. today, pain's a 10, and I know my C is going to the D side today. But once in a while I just need to let loose. And I only have 1 or 2 drinks now.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#173120 - 04/24/05 11:45 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I stopped drinking completely a couple years ago, then convinced myself I could have a little bit every once in a while. Boy, was I wrong. I'd be okay the next day, but it would irritate the stomach lining just enough that within 2-3 days I'd have a major attack.

I still miss it, but it's not worth it. Try to do things with friends that don't involve drinking, like going to movies or to the mall. I'm now not even comfortable around people who are drinking. They act so silly and all I can think about is, did I used to act like that?!

Good luck, hon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#173141 - 04/24/05 01:48 PM
Alli

Well Ive been doing some researching ..since Im a desperate teen with this condition, and I have a party to attend to next week.
I have some experimenting to do, apparently. I need to try iced tea mixed with vodka, a cape cod, and straight vodka/whiskey with water. (not on an empty stomach, of course.) I'll munch on honeycombs or something.
I have the IBS with constipation. ..Do you think I'll get away with an occasional night of drinking, with my list of drinks?

#173150 - 04/24/05 02:15 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Look, everybody's body reacts to things differently and tolerates things differently. Nobody can tell you what you will be able to get away with as far as drinking, and it will probably change from evening to evening anyway. Most of us gave up alcohol and other things we loved after learning the hard way that it just wasn't worth it. It seems like it is worth whatever might happen for you. There aren't any hard and fast rules with IBS and we are not here to enforce them if there were.

Good luck.

#173153 - 04/24/05 02:41 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I only drink when I really really want to and when I can afford to suffer the next day. If I party a lot I die for about three days with cramps and general yucky feeling. D a bit on the day after but subsides after that but my tummy only wants rice and plain food.

Check out my Rules of Cheating for my opinions on this.

Personally beer reacts very badly with me, my easiest to consume drinks are white wine or vodka.

Good luck!

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (04/25/05 01:20 PM)

#173207 - 04/24/05 06:39 PM
Alli

Thank you. Your all encouraging. I just wish I had more experience in all of this. So I would know more about myself -things I can tolerate and not tolerate. And I need to try all the recipes.
By the way, Cailen. I dont think your link is working. Not for me, anyway.

Re: Just my two cents.... new
      #173213 - 04/24/05 06:49 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I drank as a younger teen too. It never bothered me. I got IBS at age 21. Also went through some major issues with an alcoholic father so I think that helped me to decide to not drink anymore too.

I managed to get to age 37 and just stand my ground at parties or dinnner or wherever and just not drink. It's not all that bad. As you mature you will understand better. It's just not worth it to us to have major attacks after drinking. I also had to give up ice-cream only about 3 or 4 years ago. That was major for me but I'll tell ya, I don't even have a tiny taste of it for fear of the reprocussions!

Try drinking something that looks like grown up drink if you are worried about peer pressure. You will find that as you get older, no one cares if you are the only one not drinking. Don't rush getting older though. Enjoy your younger years

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Chinagrl'
      #173214 - 04/24/05 06:51 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Hi,Chinagrl,it has been a long time since I have heard from you,how are you/an yes I love candy but it really kills me because I'm a diabetic,but there are some days I eat it any how,an pay for it,I don't drink never have,but I sure can eat. Gerry10.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review