*passes virtual shot of something to nelly*

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Straight new
      #173897 - 04/26/05 12:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I miss COFFEE the most--more than booze (too many disasters).
I miss DIET COKE almost just as much as coffee (although, I sometimes
drink it flat, and decaf at that). I MISS CHEWING GUM almost as I miss coffee and diet coke. I miss being able to eat crudite--raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, radishes and dip. I miss almond butter. Do I miss booze--nah!

Wind new
      #173899 - 04/26/05 12:33 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

You could probably still eat almond butter, as long as it is a thinly spread amount on some white bread. Unless you have noticed it especially problematic for you. Once you are stabilized (if you are not), you should goive it a shot! Good way to get some healthy fats and protein in.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: JACK and ME new
      #173900 - 04/26/05 12:34 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Thank you for your response.
The party is in a cabin with friends. So I am planning to take a box of honeycombs with me and munch on if I decide to drink. I won't touch any beer. Beer is horrible. But I actually like the feeling of getting drunk and relaxed.
I was thinking about trying straight vodka with water or a Cape Cod. ..Maybe enough to get drunk? Without an attack. I hope. I mean come on ..It's the grad.

Re: Wind/Almond Butter new
      #173907 - 04/26/05 12:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Maybe I'll give it a trial on some bread, next week--try 1 tsp. on some WHITE (rice) bread (at least the kind I use is natural, organic, sugar and salt free, and raw--no sugars/additives) --MARANANTHA raw almond butter is the brand.
Add some alfalfa sprouts, maybe 1/3 or so banana...At the moment I am adding 0 fats to my diet (does this affect mood? hormones? skin texture?) and this keeps me stable.

Re: Good luck with no alcohol new
      #173917 - 04/26/05 12:43 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Excellent points, I will keep everything in mind.
I will try and get drunk, but if I feel anything starting, I will stop and maybe have a smoke instead. I know cigarettes are a trigger. But I dont smoke ..cigarettes.
I will try and stable myself (for the first time since diagnosed) and have a decent time. I always!!! drink responsibly, thanks for your concern.
-Alli

fats new
      #173937 - 04/26/05 01:23 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

hey Wind,

I am not sure of the exact scientific reasons, but I do know from reading things that you NEED fat in your diet. Not alot of fat, of course, but some. Heather even specifies that although the EFI diet is LOW fat, it is not a fat FREE diet. You could probably research this alittle further if you need to. I would think you would be ok with a little fat in your diet.
Are you ok with advocados? They are on the safe list but have fat. Some soymilk maybe? There are light kinds that have small amounts of fat (my fav is Vitasoy light vanilla). SOunds like you like to eat lots of natural and whole foods, so maybe the advocado or adding small amounts of olive oil to your food is a good idea.
If you nEED to be fat free to stabilize, I would try not to do it for too long, doesn't sound healthy! But again, I do not know the scientific reasons as to why.

--------------------
-Sheri

More like it has given up on me new
      #173948 - 04/26/05 01:46 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I can not drink without getting sick as a dog. Everytime I try, even if it is only one I end up cramped up and sick. That has been happing for a couple of years and I only found out I had IBS 10 months ago so.. I still do it ONCE in a great while but I ALWAYS pay for it!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

BEV new
      #173951 - 04/26/05 01:50 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have always been a Jack girl! I always just did shots! It was my drink of choice since I was 17 ( I know BAD HEATHER) but now I can't even stand the smell of it. Even typing this is turning my tummy!!!

So CHEERS for us EX-JACK girls!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Happy birthday Nelly! new
      #173959 - 04/26/05 01:58 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

THANK YOU!!!!

*gulps down shady virtual shot, happily*

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review