All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
What does your pet mean to you?
      #172407 - 04/21/05 11:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

First of all, you all know I am dealing with a ton right now.

I went to PetSmart today to buy my dog food that would be acceptable for her to eat on Passover.

There were kitties there. In cages i am ALLERGIC to cats. BUT I went to say hello...

There was a cat there. A black and white one. And I wanted to bring it home desperately!

Seeing that cat and having it purr at me made my day

My dog Shana is SUPER! I love her to bits. I can tell her anything and she won't stop loving me. She's always happy. And fun! She does the ctest things. And comes and licks me when I cry.

She's my baby (for now!)

I never realized how therpaeutic a pet could be!

Anyone have any pet stories to share?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What does your pet mean to you? new
      #172419 - 04/21/05 11:49 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I love going to Petsmart! Everytime I pass by, whether I need to stop in for something or not, I usually will stop just to go see the kitties!!! I always have to control myself....I already have one cat, and I've been known to take in several at a time. But you are right, Ruchie, they are soooo cute!!

My cat, Rocky, is the prettiest cat I've ever seen (I must say, I'm a bit biased ) I think he's cuter than the cats on commercials!! He's silver and black striped, with big gorgeous gold eyes, and all the vets always oooh and aaaah over him, and say "What a big, handsome cat", even though I'm sure they see a million cats a day Anyway, he's my baby, and he knows it. He gets very very jealous, though...if I have a boyfriend or a new roomate, he will pee on my bedspread or the couch or something until he gets used to the new situation. I think he does it to get my attention too. That is when I get VERY angry at him....grrrr....bad cat. But most of the time he is so adorable, and he fetches!! I can literally throw a ball and he goes and chases it and attacks it sometimes, and then once he's caught it he brings it back! It's so cute to see him trotting back with this little ball in his mouth.

I could go on and on about pets! I love them! They are very therapeutic, and they love you no matter what!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

My lee lee and the roon... new
      #172420 - 04/21/05 11:51 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

My orange cat Toby (lee lee) is totally aloof. He ignores all people all the time, except he gets in these moods where he wants pats and chases me (literally) all over the house clawing at my pants leg and meowing, telling me he wants attention. So cute.
Charlotte (the roon) is mostly a cow. She wanders round like she owns the place but if I'm upset she's the first one to jump in my lap and sit there looking at me like she's listening to me. She'll then cuddle in my lap purring and go to sleep.
Yep, they're definately my first born babies and I love em

--------------------
Amy

Amy & Heather, pics please?? new
      #172423 - 04/21/05 11:55 PM
Snow for Sarala

Ooooh...i want to see pics!

Anyone know how to make yourself NOT allergic to cats? I sooo want one!!!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Here they are..... new
      #172428 - 04/22/05 12:02 AM
doubletrouble

Roon

Toby

Tom tom

Cain and Abel

]
Hope you like

--------------------
Amy

Re: Here they are..... new
      #172432 - 04/22/05 12:05 AM
Snow for Sarala

I want Tom Tom! I've always wanted a tabby cat!

Give your pets smooches for me!

*hugs* Thanks for the post!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172448 - 04/22/05 12:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Archie is my baby, no doubt about it. I've even got the mommy thing of waking up as soon as he does in the night! He's always ecstatic to see me, gives me hugs and kisses and still runs to me whenever anything scares or hurts him. He's a rascal in many ways, but then he's so good as well - and given all the cr*p the little darling's been through in his short life, he's amazing. All his vets love him...even when he'd just broken his leg, he wasn't snappy at all but just wanted the nice people to help him. I'm so proud of how he's done...he's been getting his first walks off the lead for two months this weeks and it's sooooo amazing to see him racing around totally happy given how bad he was a month ago! I'll have to post some new pics soon!

Our old family dog, Jake, is just that - a member of the family. We all love him to bits even tho he was a terror when he was younger and now poops in his sleep. Ew! We think he's going to live forever! He's been knocked down by cars 3 times (before we owned him), has jumped off a cliff , had kidney failure, has got really bad arthritis and cataracts, has had 3 strokes AND has cancer, but he's still trotting! Tho he looks a total mess atm...he hates being groomed and as we were't expecting him to live beyond this winter just gone we didn't make him have a haircut. Now he's still going but is a big fluff-ball!

#172464 - 04/22/05 03:28 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

um... I'm not much of a motherly sort. But my sister has an orange moggy, and we don't really get along.
The cat was on my chair just now and I made like I was going to sit on it, to see whether it'd move. It didn't. I have to share the chair.
Then I accidentally broke wind on it just now. It still hasn't moved.

Dang lazy cat.

--------------------
*Emma*

I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172494 - 04/22/05 06:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

First of all, it was my ex-husband's idea to get these cats. I had wanted a cat, but I would have been pretty happy to go to a shelter and adopt an old cat, just one. He had a friend who'd found a mama cat with kittens, and that's how I ended up with two feral cats, and boy, what a pain in the butt they were!

When my ex and I decided to split up, he made it very clear that under no circumstances would he take the cats. They were "my" problem. I was furious... not because I didn't want them, but because I was about to potentially be homeless and I didn't know what the heck I was going to do with the felines.

One night, I was sleeping down in the basement (yes, the BASEMENT), crying about the whole mess I was in, and Phoebe jumped up on the bed. She curled up against my belly, and I draped an arm around her. Well, she took a paw and stuck it in my hand, like she wanted to hold my hand, and looked up at me with these big, sad, "I just want to comfort you!" eyes. I just bawled, and I decided right at that moment that those two cats were going to stay with me no matter what.

And they have... through some less-than-ideal living arrangements and an awful lot of moves. They're still my #1 source of constant daily laughs, with some of the insanely dumb things they do. They still comfort me when I'm feeling blue, and they snuggle me when I'm sick. They even sat with me in the bathroom through 95% of my IBS attacks - LOL!

It's going to sound awful to people who don't understand, but there's no doubt in my mind that if it came down to choosing between a significant other and my cats, my cats would win. They are 100% unconditional love.

*squeals* new
      #172495 - 04/22/05 06:14 AM
atomic rose

I want to give Roon a big snuggle! Hehe. I love black and white cats!

Cats = chair cushions new
      #172496 - 04/22/05 06:18 AM
atomic rose

Yeah, when a cat wants to be on a specific chair, there's just no moving them. Phaedra will actually sit behind me in a chair, and she'll keep fidgeting until I get tired of her wiggling against my backside and get up. And of course there's the famous cat trick of expanding to take up 3/4 of a queen-size bed in the middle of the night...

I love my cat! new
      #172511 - 04/22/05 06:31 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Gracie is my baby! She definitely cries like one when she's hungry She's such a sweet, lovable cat, she loves to sleep on the bed next to me while I'm doing work, or laying in bed with the heating pad on my tummy (except when she wants attention and then she walks all over my laptop). She loves to get in the way in the kitchen while I'm cooking too, and has to smell what I'm eating to see if she wants it (I don't think she's figured out I'm a vegetarian yet!) I've only had her since January, but I don't know what I'd do without her!

Here's Gracie when she decided playing with Mac's nametag for a conference would be fun (Mac's my bf, he spoils Gracie like crazy since he does eat meat)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Dogs do that too! new
      #172524 - 04/22/05 06:42 AM
Linz

With the bed, I mean. Our old dog has been known to atually kick two people off a double bed before! He just digs in and then stretches his legs...before you know it, you're on the floor and the dog's taking up the entire bed!

Aw, what a gorgeous cat! new
      #172525 - 04/22/05 06:43 AM
Linz

She's a beaut!

Archie cries like a baby too...but usually a baby that's being tortured!

Hey, this is a great thread! new
      #172526 - 04/22/05 06:44 AM
Linz

Thanks for starting it Ruchie!

Re: I love my cat! new
      #172567 - 04/22/05 07:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

Melissa!

You're so super duper lucky to have such a yummy kitty!!!!

I'm tellin you...these animal are just preciousou!!!!

How are you feeling? Hop your IBS is behavin'!!!!

Love ya, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172571 - 04/22/05 07:46 AM
Snow for Sarala

I hear ya Casey! *hugs*

Ooooh...the basement

I'm so happy you have your kitties Send pics any time!

I TOTALY understand about the cats. I don't know if everyone can/does...but I DEF do!!!!

Enjoy them....and if you think of a way I could have one without living a miserable alleric life, let me know!!!!

*big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Cats = chair cushions new
      #172572 - 04/22/05 07:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

And I STILL want a cat!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Dogs do that too! new
      #172573 - 04/22/05 07:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

REALLY?

I wouldn't know...our dog doesn't get to sleep in our bed There wouldn't be any room for us if she did!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Archie and Jake...and their mommy Linz new
      #172575 - 04/22/05 07:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

It's oooo great to know people that feel like their pets are family!!!!!

Yes, please post pics asap.

Thanks Linz for all the doggy advice you've given me this year *hugs*

We love our PETS!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172576 - 04/22/05 07:53 AM
Linz

Yeah, Archie doesn't get to sleep on our bed either. Jake was a terror when he was younger! Ruled my parents' house...we all called him "his highness"! I remember sleeping with Jake on my old bed at home...me with 6 inches of bed and no duvet and Jake with the rest!

#172577 - 04/22/05 07:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Great cat story Casey! Sorry about all the hard times you've been through but isn't comforting to have out little furry babies there to comfort us through it all?

We have two cats, the first one is Chloe. She is a totally Daddy's girl and very tempermental. She likes to go outside and is a bit fiesty. She has a congential birth defect in her shoulder and has an awful limp but we still love her!

Our second baby is Mingus. Will named him that after the old guaiter player but we rarely actually call him that! LOL! We usually call him Big Boy! He looks fierce with his bottom fang sticking out of his lip but again, another congential birth defect! He is actually a LOVER and a player! But don't mix the loving and playing! When he is playing, he doesn't like to be petted! He has a very odd purr, sounds like his motor needs a tune-up! He slobbers a LOT becuase of the mouth deformation. He is partial to sleeping on my head and bringing me toys in the middle of the night! He is pretty much a big doofus! Not the smartest kitty in the litter but most definately the sweetiest and funniest! Here he is in his "pet my tummy" mode.

And her he is in a box, he LOVES to be IN things!! You can also see his fang a bit better here!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Cat allergies new
      #172579 - 04/22/05 08:01 AM
atomic rose

You know, I'm really not sure if anything can be done about cat allergies. I think some of it depends on how severe the allergies are, and how much you're willing to put up with to have a cat! My friend Ang is allergic, but only mildly so, and she's had at least 1 cat the entire time I've known her. On the other hand, my stepmother is SEVERELY allergic - she has asthma attacks around cats - but she still insists on having one... she just doesn't pet or snuggle it much, and that would just kill me. Cats need snuggles! She also goes through a LOT of Benadryl, but I'm not sure how much that helps.

As for pictures... here's a few. I picked some silly ones, because they're silly cats.

This is Phaedra... she loves to lay like this, on the back of my office chair.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is Phoebe, learning how to use a fork (just kidding!)

Phoebe likes having her picture taken

Cats napping in the sun. Phaedra's on the left, Phoebe's on the right.

Re: Cat allergies new
      #172582 - 04/22/05 08:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Well...hubby isn't too fond of kitties. And I am pretty allergic. And to me...having a cat is all about the cuddling and playing. So....

I think I am just going to have to get a part time job (I'm looking for one!!!) at a PetSmart or something. So I can be around the cats without LIVING with them!!!!

Any additional ideas are much appreciated though!!!!

Casey...your cats are precious! Truly beautiful...and loads of fun!!!! Send them hugs and snuggles for me, ok?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172584 - 04/22/05 08:09 AM
Snow for Sarala

Sooooo much fun Michele!

How did you get your kitties? Before/after Will...or together?

Sooooo adorable...send them lots of playtime for me!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172588 - 04/22/05 08:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

LOL How big is Jake Linz?

and how big is Archie these days?

I'm trying to picture Jake stealing the bed...LOL. We had two Chis for a while...one of them thought he was king. Would sleep on hubby's pillow...and had to be right next to me. VERY territorial (sucked the life outta you tho...)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172590 - 04/22/05 08:14 AM
Linz

Jake's really short for a Spinger (about 18 inches high), but at his peak was about 49 pounds!

I think Archie is at least 42 pounds by now...and he's a bit taller than Jake. He's putting on so much weight but none of it's fat!

#172593 - 04/22/05 08:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Last weighed, Shana weighed in at SIXTY FOUR lbs!!!!! We still can't believe it. And none of it's fat either!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Not sure what I did before Lacey new
      #172601 - 04/22/05 08:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I've wanted a cat ever since I was little, but my mom was not a huge pet fan. So naturally, with Lacey being my first cat, she is getting incredibly spoiled - and fat, as my BF pointed out last night.

She definitely does not like me doing anything other than petting her when I'm at home. And I know when it's 4:30-5:00am, because she decides at that time that I need to get up so I can pet her and feed her. But she also has been a lifesaver these past couple weeks as I've been going through a really rough patch so I wouldn't trade her for anything. Yesterday when I was having a paticularly rough morning, I went home during lunch specifically to snuggle with her because she always makes me feel so much better.

And the best part - no accidents! She's never had one since I got her.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Ok, guys, put your heads together... new
      #172610 - 04/22/05 08:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

How can I get a cat...and not be allergic?

Jennifer...hearing about Lacey and seeing those pics just makes me melt!

I have wanted a cat all my life...as long as I can rememeber. My cousin's have always had 5 cats and at least one dog! And i just LOVE kitties!

We had one for a week. And I was allergic (and the cat didn't like other animals...so she didnt' like shana very much...and she was mean to hubby...). I wish we could try again. My bod is def healthier.

Should I just give up and live vicariously through you guys...or should I make a plan of action and try again???

Thanks in advance for your input/ideas!

Love ya, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Cat pics new
      #172611 - 04/22/05 08:43 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Okay, your cats are AWESOME! Especially Phaedra! I love the pic of her on the chair. We can learn a lot from cats, eh? No one can chill out like a cat.

#172621 - 04/22/05 09:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

When Will and I met, I already had a kitty, here name was Coco. We lost her three years ago to intenstial cancer. She was almost 15. I got her when she was just a little kitten, I rescued her from an abusive house and loved her dearly. It broke my heart when she died in my arms. I buried her in my garden and talk to her often.

After she died, the house was to empty so WIll and I first got Chloe. We bought her from a patient of mine at my office. A couple of months later, we decided she needed a playmate and got Big Boy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#172638 - 04/22/05 09:37 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Casey - I had to laugh when you said they sat with you in the bathroom. My cat, Suki, joins me in the bathroom daily. It's as if she knows that I am miserable and is there to comfort me!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

You all know I'm obsessed with my pups... :) new
      #172667 - 04/22/05 10:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I know I always post pics, but here are a couple more. Emeril takes the funniest pictures ever!! He has a hilarious personality, I laugh so much at him. Rocco is much more laid back.

Here's Emeril doing an Elvis impression (this is how he begs.....he puts his lip up and makes a growling noise)

This one cracks me up...

This is Rocco as a baby...

And Rocco now...

And finally - them together!

They are a handfull...I don't know how I'll handle a baby with them!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cat allergies new
      #172678 - 04/22/05 10:39 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I actually am allergic to cats and I still have one, thankfully my allergies aren't too severe but I just found the therapeutic effects of having a pet far outway the sucky effects of the allergies (I'm allergic to dogs too). I take a lot of allergy medication and get a lot of sinus infections...but the cat is such a blessing that it's worth it

She is my baby! new
      #172679 - 04/22/05 10:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep!

I don't want kids so I names my cat Sara, that's what I would have named a little girl.

I adore my cat so much. I love her to death! She's so playful and loving. She comes when I call her and she is very loyal. When I'm not feeling well she can tell and curls up beside me hours on end. Like last night. I wasn't feeling well so she slept with me for 2 hours. It made me feel a buit better having her pur next to me!

My pride and joy! new
      #172684 - 04/22/05 10:45 AM
Vicam

I love my cat so much! I was always a dog person and didn't know if I would really get to love a cat, but I just love my little guy to death. I've had him for about a year and a half, and he's great. He's super affectionate, always comes to greet me when I come home and snuggles with me in bed, and when I'm not feeling well he can tell and tries to comfort me. We got him from a shelter, we chose him because he was a polydactyl (which means he has more fingers than the average cat) and I didn't know if anyone else would adopt him. Plus, when we opened the cage door to look at him he immediately wrapped both arms around my bf's neck and gave him a hug!

I also had a dog when I was living at my parent's house...a big, huge bull mastiff! I loved him to death...he was the sweetest dog you would ever meet, all 150lb of him He woudl actually lay down on the floor with you and wrap his big arms around you to hug you...and when my mom was sick with cancer and in the hospital, he stayed by the back door waiting for her to come home for two weeks. He passed away right before I left home, and I still miss him

I'd love to post some pics but I can never figure it out...if someone wants to help me I'll post some pics!

Ruchie new
      #172686 - 04/22/05 10:47 AM
Vicam

I don't think there are any ways to make yourself not allergic to cats, but I have heard that allergy shots can be pretty effective in controlling the allergy, but you have to get them weekly as I recall.

For me, I just make sure we keep the apartment really clean, we've got a short-haired cat who we bath regularily (he doesn't really like that ), and we vacuum all the time to try and reduce the dander. I also bought these wipes at pet smart that are meant to "bath" the cat and reduce allergies...don't really know if they work but I figure they can't hurt.

Other than that, I think you just have to try it and see how it goes! I would definately go with a short-haired cat though so at least you'll have less hair to deal with

Pics of Rocky!! new
      #172694 - 04/22/05 11:00 AM
steather

I signed up to photobucket so I could post pics of Rocky!! Yay!

Here's the one that I use as my background on my cell phone (yes, I show him off whenever I can )

Here he is sleeping on MY pillow...

--------------------
Heather

Awwww, I love your pics!! new
      #172697 - 04/22/05 11:05 AM
steather

The pic of Phaedra is classic! What characters your cats are!!

--------------------
Heather

#172706 - 04/22/05 11:14 AM
steather

Chloe and Mingus are cuties!! Mingus is sooo big! And fluffy! Hehe, and the fang sure adds character My cat is just like Mingus...when he wants loving, he can be so overwhelmingly affectionate but when he wants to play, watch out, he's in attack mode, better not try to pet him!!

--------------------
Heather

ALOT!!! new
      #172739 - 04/22/05 12:47 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I love my GUYS!!!
They don't care if I am grumpy or sad or fat or look like I just stepped out of a horror movie( Mornings are not my best ). They love me for me!!!

All though I swear if Rocko dosen't stop eating shoes and underwear I am going to have to hang him from the celling by his claws for awhile!!! I am just joking

--------------------
Heather7476

I am always up for posting photos of my crew... new
      #172761 - 04/22/05 02:45 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Sorry, these are huge.

My cat Riley... he's a typical Maine Coon. Thinks he's a dog, loves everybody and everything, purrs like a maniac all the time.

My dog Cara, she has IBS and major allergies. She's allergic to cats too Ruchie! She gets allergy shots every Monday to deal with all of her problems. I call her my "familiar" (like in stories about Witches and their animal friends, though I'm not pagan!) because she's very in tune with my health and emotions and trys hard to take care of me when I'm not feeling well.

This is my dog Charlie. He had a lot of behavioral problems when Cara picked him out at the Humane Society but he's almost entirely beaten all of those and he is the most lovable and goofy fellow. He's slightly more my husband's dog, as Cara's slightly more mine.

And this is Neil, our Guinea Pig. We got him last Halloween. He's still an adolescent and we're training him not to bite and to respond better to humans. He loves cantelope and Law and Order.

I used to have a Maine Coon new
      #172768 - 04/22/05 03:05 PM
heather7476

cat. We called hin baby!! I miss him!!! He was my favorite when I was growing up!!!!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Cara new
      #172769 - 04/22/05 03:07 PM
heather7476

They have gotten so BIG!!!! Still CUTE as ever though!!!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

I love new
      #172771 - 04/22/05 03:08 PM
heather7476

her colors!!!! She is so PRETTY!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Casey they just new
      #172773 - 04/22/05 03:11 PM
heather7476

know when we need them! I was having a crying fit in the kitchen floor about the VV being back and Rocko and Milo were both jumping all over me licking me and just trying to get as close as they could! They love us to!!! Plus when Kenna is sick Rocko wil CRY and CRY until we let himout of his cage and put him her bed, when she isn't sick he just sleeps all night with no problmes in his cage!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

TO CUTE!!!! new
      #172774 - 04/22/05 03:15 PM
heather7476

OMG girl you do have your hands full between the kids and the animals!!! They are all wonderfull!!!!
HUGS!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Rusty is my bestest buddy...... new
      #172775 - 04/22/05 03:17 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi guys,

My Golden Retriever, Rusty, or better known to us as Pookie
has been with us for 13 years and is my bestest buddy. I love him to pieces and words cannot express how much joy he has brought our family.

I do have some sad news to report, though. He has a carcinoma in his nose. The vet suggested to just leave it alone because of his age and just keep him comfy and happy.

He is still doing pretty good eating, playing and is very happy. The only problem is he is having a hard time breathing...kinda like when we get a cold and are stuffy.

I'm gonna keep him as happy as I can for the time I have left with him.

Now, for a fun story. My little 5 month old grandaughter has a Yellow Lab and the other day she was sitting in her little swing and my DIL went into the kitchen for just a minute. When she came back the dog had pulled my grandaughter's shoes and socks off and Marisah was giggling and the dog was sitting there with his tongue hanging out.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: I love my cat! new
      #172797 - 04/22/05 04:50 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Quote:

Melissa!

You're so super duper lucky to have such a yummy kitty!!!!

I'm tellin you...these animal are just preciousou!!!!

How are you feeling? Hop your IBS is behavin'!!!!

Love ya, Ruch

Unfortunately today was an icky day....woke up feeling like crud, headache, all spacey, nauseous, and sore tummy....the spaciness is gone, and most of the nausea, still got a headache and just feel icky/sick, but taking it easy for now. *HUGS*

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#172840 - 04/22/05 07:58 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05

Sadie is my baby, growing up we had a little black dog named gizmo that we got from the humane society. He was so loveable and great and I miss him so much. My bf and I got Sadie a year ago when she was 6 weeks old and she has filled that void I always had since losing my dog. She is cuddly, spoiled and knows exactly when I need to be snuggled. I can't imagine what it would be like without her.

sadie as a kitten
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/betharoo79/aww2.jpg

sadie's waaaazzzup kitten pic
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/betharoo79/scary.jpg

sadie now
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/betharoo79/2SADIE.jpg

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Casey she'd probably squash you! new
      #172841 - 04/22/05 08:03 PM
doubletrouble

She is SO fat! You can't really tell in the photo but when she stands up she's gotten to be a real chubba!

--------------------
Amy

#172846 - 04/22/05 10:12 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I love my pets! My dog is so dumb, though. Haha! She'll sit up on her hind legs and stare at you. Her record is five minutes! My Kenyan Sand Boa rocks! It's funny to scare people with him.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Awww, Bethany! I wanna steal her off you! new
      #172860 - 04/22/05 11:07 PM
doubletrouble

She's adorable! Love the one where she's growling like a big tiger!

--------------------
Amy

Photos please Casey! Ooops. Just found them. new
      #172861 - 04/22/05 11:13 PM
doubletrouble

You're cats sound awesome! I'd love to see them! Do you have any to share?
Edited to add: Sorry got ahead of myself before I'd finished the thread. They're adorable. I love black cats! I've had 3!
Sally, Gizmo and Fido (yes, he was a cat, and yes, he did think he was a dog, he loved garbage and footy )

--------------------
Amy

Yup! new
      #172862 - 04/22/05 11:15 PM
atomic rose

I posted some a little further down, but I was a dip and didn't put in the subject that there were pictures... duh. Here ya go!

Ahhhhh!! new
      #172863 - 04/22/05 11:17 PM
atomic rose

She's TOO cute! I love the wassup picture, hehe. I had my two as kittens, but never got any cute pictures like that!

LOL! new
      #172864 - 04/22/05 11:19 PM
atomic rose

I love that Neil likes Law & Order. My cats like PBS, and when I say something about that, people usually think I'm nuts. Heh.

Riley is the coolest! I love Maine Coons.

Ruchie, a cat idea for you.... new
      #172865 - 04/22/05 11:20 PM
doubletrouble

They're kinda ugly but I think they have something kinda cute about them too and they're not 100% hypoallergenic but they're not as problematic as hairy cats.
Here's a pic of some for you.

--------------------
Amy

Barbie new
      #172881 - 04/23/05 01:06 AM
Linz

So sorry about Rusty...but it's not neccesarily the end of the road! Our old dog, Jake, has got so much wrong with him (including cancer ) but he's still going - he's now 15 1/2!

Dogs with fetishes! new
      #172882 - 04/23/05 01:10 AM
Linz

Archie loves shoes and underwear too! I had to get a new shoe rack to put in the downstairs loo so we can shut all our shoes away from him....he chewed two of my favourite pairs of shoes! And if he gets upstairs, he loves to find a bra to chew...he'll even take them out of a drawer if it's open! Simon says he's a guy with taste. LOL!

ROFL! new
      #172894 - 04/23/05 05:59 AM
atomic rose

My mom's dog loves dirty pantihose. They had to get a deeper hamper, with a lid, to keep him out - LOL!

But cats can be weird like that too... Phoebe likes socks. Clean or dirty, doesn't matter. When she was a kitten, she used to get in the baskets of clean laundry, pick out MY socks (they were softer) and hide them all over the place in the house. Now she just grabs a sock and licks it half to shreds. Yum.

Oh! new
      #172895 - 04/23/05 06:03 AM
atomic rose

Ok... Chloe is a gorgeous cat... but Mingus RULES! Phaedra does that box thing too. She likes to squash herself into boxes that are just barely big enough for something half her size. LOL!

hair elastics new
      #172897 - 04/23/05 06:25 AM
Betharoo

my cat is OBSESSED with hair elastics. She runs around with them, flings them and stares at me if she thinks I am taking one out of my hair. She is right there if I set one down.

And I always have something to do while I am in the bathroom because she will wait for you to roll up toilet paper and fling it under the door. It is a game her and my bf made up I guess. So I will be sitting in there having an attack and the cat is fishing under the door with her paws.

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Ruchie, a cat idea for you.... new
      #172898 - 04/23/05 06:34 AM
Betharoo

my bf's sister has 2 hyopallergenic cats they are called La-Perms (they are curly lol). I love cats but personally I would never spend that much money on one and they are different looking. But I guess if it was my only option to getting one I might pay.

I hope you find a solution Ruchie, your dog is so beautiful.

I wanted to get another kitten after Sadie, a playmate for her but I was so afraid of her personality changing that I haven't yet.

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: hair elastics new
      #172901 - 04/23/05 07:11 AM
heather7476

MY CAT TO!!!! He will steal them right out of Kenna's hair! She thinks it is fun! I keep havng to buy new ones because he hides them and I have yet to find where.

--------------------
Heather7476

Casey and Linz new
      #172902 - 04/23/05 07:13 AM
heather7476

I have had to do the same thing. A large hamper with lid and hide all the shoes!! Rocko has eaten all my shoes except my tenny shoes and my flip flops! I have replaced all of Kenna and Rich's underware and I am going to replace mine this week!! Dang animals!!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Would you sell your pet for a million dollars? new
      #172904 - 04/23/05 07:34 AM

Unregistered

I wouldn't!! I heard this talked about on the radio the a couple weeks ago on my way to school and they were taking calls from people to see if the results matched the ones in some magazine and it was amazing to hear that most people wouldn't. I just couldn't imagine it.

I've only had my dog since August and every time I look at her I still can't believe that she's my dog (lol I need a life) and I can't wait to come home at the end of the day and have her rush to greet me at the door and hear all the funny stories of what's she's done all day. (Her new thing is to jump up on the dining room table and eat of people's plates if someone leaves a chair out that she can climb up on.

Anyhow my pet means ALOT to me! Good post Ruchie!

Re: Dogs with fetishes! new
      #172906 - 04/23/05 07:38 AM

Unregistered

My Bianca is the same! Everyday I come home and I'll take my shoes off at the front door and next thing ya know she's picked them up in her little mouth and carried them off somewhere. Most time it just seems to be the right shoe (the left ones are always left behind)

And underwear too..but never clean underwear. Ewww. She's a disgusting little girl. LOL I don't know how she snatches it away from the hamper but she does and I'll go out into the other room and find a pair of my underwear just out in the middle of the floor - not always a popular trick at dinner parties .

Dogs are silly.

The Cat Who Wore Her Lady's Unmentionables new
      #172908 - 04/23/05 07:54 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

(I feel as though I'm about to write an essay for school!) My bf and I adopted Sofia two years ago; she was a 3 month old tortoiseshell who had been found living under someone's porch. When we took her from the cage at the cat shelter, she placed one paw on each of our arms. She chose us!

When I'm sick she's always there beside me or on top of me. She'll sometimes wake me up by licking my chin or, more aggressively, heaving her body on top of mine. Oof! Once she got into our clothes hamper and when I found her she was sprawled out on the floor wearing a pair of my underwear! I grabbed the underwear but she was so entangled in it that I picked her up as well. She purred as though it were all part of her plan. She's done this several times, luckily we didn't have any visitors around. She's crazy about bras as well...which are more difficult to get her out of. As a result, I have to be careful anytime I do laundry--make sure the hamper lid's securely closed and quickly put away my clean underclothes.

When I first took her to the vet, the nurse called out her name, "SOFA!" I was like, Sofa? Why would I name my cat Sofa? I named her after Sofia Loren because of the black lining around her eyes. Unfortunately, "Sofa" stuck. I call her Sofa-cat and so do my friends, which gives us this image of a huge, soft cat that'd comfortable to sit on--something straight out of a Miyazaki animation. (Sofa-cat's only ten pounds, so please don't sit on her!)

Other than underwear, her obsessions include twisty-ties (either for the little baggies or garbage bag). She'll actually fetch them for you if you throw it--a game that can last as long as 20 minutes! I can't tell you how many black twisty-ties she's swatted under the refrigerator.

I'm glad you started this thread, Ruchie. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and seeing pictures. It's made me appreciate my little Sofa-cat even more!

Re: The Cat Who Wore Her Lady's Unmentionables new
      #172913 - 04/23/05 08:06 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Quote:

When I first took her to the vet, the nurse called out her name, "SOFA!" I was like, Sofa? Why would I name my cat Sofa?

We once lived in an apartment building with a doorman and for the entire year he thought my dog Cara's name was Carrot.

#172914 - 04/23/05 08:10 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

My dog Waffles would reach up for the tp on the roll in the bathroom as a pup and run around the house with it during the night. You'ed wake up and walk out to the living room and see this long trail of tp that winds around the space and eventually leads back to the bathroom.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Only if I was selling him to my Mom or DH! new
      #172924 - 04/23/05 08:56 AM
Linz

Other than that, it'd be asking if someone would sell their baby! Logic doesn't enter into it.

Re: hair elastics new
      #172927 - 04/23/05 09:16 AM
Betharoo

lol I live in an apartment so they are not hard to find. Everytime I need one I look under the stand by the front door or in the closets. I am constantly buying new ones too!

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Garfield! new
      #173047 - 04/23/05 09:06 PM
doubletrouble

My cat Toby sleeps on top of my wardrobe. When it's time to get up he leaps off the top of the wardrobe and flies on top of me on the bed (much like Garfield in the Garfield movie). If I sold him who'd wake me up so terrifyingly? Nope, couldn't do it unless like Linz said it was to DH, then I could still have him

--------------------
Amy

Re: Garfield! new
      #173680 - 04/25/05 09:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

I MUST find a way to hang around cats! Al there is to it!

I am hoping to voulunteer at the Humane Society!

I'm sooo thrilled with all the pics ans stories you guys shared!

As far as a Sphynx cat...they are still a prob for people with allergies. It's the protein or something in their tongue I think that makes people allergic...not the fur on your pet!

Enjoy ur pets everyone!!! And send more stories if you've got em....makes me smile

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review