All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oh boy, I need to vent and talk...
      #172369 - 04/21/05 08:05 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

So I got diagnosed with my GERD and IBS-C last week. Then Tuesday night DH had this weird chest pressure, and was told to call 911. The ambulance came and checked him out and brought him to the hospital, and there we waited for 10 hours to find out his heart is fine,the tests were all good, they don't know what the chest pain is, and to go home and take an Advil.

So then he still had the pain, not serious pain, but constant, and he nearly fainted last night. Now we're worried that he has anxiety disorder. It's very unlike him, but it's a possibility.

Anyhow, we have a lot on the go. I'm a substitute teacher, we have a 2 year old daughter, and are trying to buy a house right now.I work days, he works nights. he just got promoted to proprietor of outback steakhouse out here-high pressure job. So we have enough on the go day to day. yikes.

Time to learn yoga.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hugs! new
      #172378 - 04/21/05 08:38 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I guess it is possible that the anxiety arrived with the promotion? Other than that I don't have any advice but you guys sure are doing it tough atm. Big hugs, I hope he feels better soon.
Oh, one more thing, when I get anxious I feel like I can't breathe properly because of the pressure in my chest, I also sometimes get sharp pains there. Don't know if this is what his feels like but I hope it gets better for him.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Oh boy, I need to vent and talk... new
      #172394 - 04/21/05 09:19 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time...that's awful about your DH having to wait so long at the hospital...although being a fellow Canadian I can understand! You know if my city, there are patients in the ER who actually need to be admitted to the hospital waiting 3 days for a bed! It's crazy!

Could it be possible your DH has GERD as well? That can cause some pretty bad chest pain. Of course, anxiety is a possibility as well.

Good luck and take care of yourself

Thanks for the support...yeah, it's been a lot to cope with new
      #172788 - 04/22/05 04:20 PM
_Willow

and we're usually so easy goindg and happy! There's sadness right now and I hate it,I'm a natural born ball of sunshine.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

That's quite possible too. I have severe GERD... new
      #172789 - 04/22/05 04:22 PM
_Willow

so it wouldn't suprise me tha this constant heartburn and HIATUS HERNIA would cause that.

Now to get him into the doctor after that stint.

i've been known to be pregnant with pneumonia and severe asthma attacks, in our E.R...sitting in a chair in Emerg for 5 hours to get treatment and be sent home. Sick. At least in the U.S. you get ehat you pay for. We pay for it, we just don't get it.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Oh boy, I need to vent and talk... new
      #172905 - 04/23/05 07:36 AM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I have something called parachsysmal attacks (not sure if I spelled that right) where I feel as if my heart is going to thump right out of my chest. It takes your breath away! There is a thumping where my cleavage should be ( never had one...never will!). It really isn't painful but it certainly is uncomfortable! I have had them for 15 years. I have had every heart test known to man and everything comes back normal. It is stress related for sure.

--------------------
"puffy"

Thanks, Happy- love your name, that's usually me! new
      #172952 - 04/23/05 11:34 AM
_Willow

it's definitely not that-he never had that symptom. I think it's anxiety, just hope it's short lived.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5471

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review