All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: BathingSuits and RazorBurn new
      #172193 - 04/21/05 11:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I use Nair and it takes longer to grow back than shaving.

That bathing suit is.... interesting. It looks liek you're trying to hide though!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#172201 - 04/21/05 11:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, maybe I'll try some Nair stuff. I haven't tried anything like that since I was in highschool!

Even if I thought I could handle the waxing all the time, how could I go long enough to let the hair grow out to be waxed?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#172234 - 04/21/05 12:49 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi michele,

I have the same exact problems with razor burn/ skin irritations in the bikini area.... Mags suggested using Tend Skin ...here's the previous post on this topic...web page

The bathing suit does scream "I am trying to hide something"...but most people will probably just think you are a modest person!! It's still cute, and if you're only going to the Y...I think what's most important is that you are comfortable.

Personally, I use a womens electric razor to shave the bikini area..it's a remington, and it does a good enough job for me (not as close as a bic, but you can only tell if you get down there and investigate...and I don't think the gals in your class are going to be doing that!!) I do alot of swimming, for physical therapy, and I'm lazy, and I try to avoid extra pain. So this is my current option of choice

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#172241 - 04/21/05 01:03 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

If I use a disposable razor I always follow with a hydrocortizone cream- seem to work great!! Also I sometimes use my husband's electric razor (sh!! don't tell) when I have to shave often- that way I am guaranteed no razor burn!!!

#172263 - 04/21/05 01:35 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Michele-
I have problems with razor burn down there as well. This may sound really dumb, but someone suggested this to be before after you shave take your deoderant stick and rub it on the areas you just shaved. I swear it has helped me! I don't have any clue as to why but it does. Also if I soak in a tub for awhile to soften the hairs it makes it easier to shave because the follicles are open. Are you also making sure your razor is new? In the summer I go through a blade a week just to keep the ingrown hairs down as well. Hopefully that will help. As far as the suit if nothing else works and you are worried about the razor burn look then who cares? Like you said you are not out to catch guys or anything like that!

#172264 - 04/21/05 01:35 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Just a warning - it can be messy and doesn't smell the greatest, but it beats razor burn and painful waxing if you ask me!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#172282 - 04/21/05 02:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I would also recommend trying out more boyshort suits.. I have a few that are comfy and stay in one place!

--------------------

Veet ! new
      #172294 - 04/21/05 02:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Michele
I use Veet and it works for me.
waxing is sooore!

--------------------
S.

Re: I ordered Tend Skin new
      #172298 - 04/21/05 02:39 PM
michele

instead of the suit-for now! Thanks for everyone's replies! It seems a couple of you here recommend the Tend Skin and another of my friends told me about it today so thats three people in one day, I'm sold! I've read that it can burn but if it ultimately makes it feel and look better, yay! I'll try to not shave it until I get the tend skin in, I oreder it three day shipping and than I'll switch to a nair type product and see if that doesn't help! I'll give it another month and if its still as bad and painful as it is now, I'll give up and just let it grow and order the granny suit!

Thanks girls! I appriciate all the suggestions! I just feel like such a leper sometimes it looks so bad, not to mention, it just plain hurts!

--------------------

Re: Veet ! new
      #172299 - 04/21/05 02:39 PM
michele

Is Veet like Nair?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review