View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Introduction
      #17189 - 08/13/03 01:38 PM
EmilyL

Reged: 07/29/03
Loc: Utah

Hi There.
I thought I would post an introduction. I've been lurking through the board messages. I feel so much better knowing that others have the same problems and concerns that I do, and that I am not alone.

I'm Emily. I'm 31. I'm single with no kids. I work in customer service for a service award company. I live in Utah in the US.

I was diagnosed with IBS last October. The GI gave me Bentyl to take and basically said if my IBS got worse to call my GP. I was fine until this July when I had some severe attacks. Through luck, I found Heather's book at the bookstore, and it has helped so much.

About me:
I like books, movies, cross-stitch, beading and swimming.
In my books and movies I like escapism. I read mostly fantasy/Sci-fi, mysterys, and romance. My last read was Backpack by Emily Barr. I really recomend it. In movies, I have really discovered Bollywood films. Lagaan is excellent. I haven't been to the theaters much this summer, especially after those attacks. While my IBS-D isn't so bad, especially when I take the fiber pills. I have been feeling very fatigued, and not really up to doing much after I finish work. right now I can't even think of what the last movie I saw was.

My favorite TV show is CSI (either one will do) My current fav authors are Lois McMasters Bujold (Sci-Fi)and Kathy Reichs.

I can't really think of anything else to say right now. But I've been enjoying the boards. and it's nice to meet you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Introduction new
      #17193 - 08/13/03 01:55 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Emily!

It's nice to meet you and have you join us on the boards. I am sure you will find the boards a wonderful place to post your questions, recipes and questions. As well as be able to answer some of our questions etc.

I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Have you been on Heather's diet for very long?
Don't worry it will get easier and easier to implement or omit foods for your diet.

Again, welcome!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#17196 - 08/13/03 02:21 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey, Emily! It's nice to meet you. I'm Beaglelover, the one who adores beagles but is a klutz in the kitchen. I'm learning a lot from the message boards, and I hope you do too. If you follow Heather's advice, you will feel so much better. I know I do. Also, if you like to cook, she has some very good recipes in her cookbook. (Even I can successfully make some of them!)

#17200 - 08/13/03 03:00 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Nice to meet you, too, Emily! Glad the boards have helped. You'll meet a lot of friendly, compassionate people here - and Heather leads the list!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#17208 - 08/13/03 04:24 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the boards. Since you've lurked for a while, I'm sure you know how friendly and helpful everyone is. Looking forward to your posts!

--------------------
~jules

#17236 - 08/14/03 12:59 AM
Free2bDee

Reged: 07/22/03

Hi Emily! I'm 37 & live in So. Cal. I love Utah & know a few people there.

I also suffer from what I've been told is IBS, as well other things. You will find Heather's books, site & posting group very informative and supportive! Welcome!!

P.S. I also x-stitch & am a member of a Book Club. (Fondly referred to as the 'Geeks & Wine-o's' group. hee hee

--------------------
~Deborah

#17518 - 08/16/03 08:46 AM
EmilyL

Reged: 07/29/03
Loc: Utah

I want to thank everyone who's welcomed me to the board. I'm not sure if you will notice this, but I wasn't sure how to reply to you individually

M

#17528 - 08/16/03 01:19 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Emily
Welcome to the boards
Have only been posting for a few weeks myself! Its so wonderful to have somewhere to go where people understand,you are not alone!! Am sure you will enjoy joining in!

--------------------
Morven

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 910 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review