All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Surgery is tomorrow, blessings already
      #17046 - 08/12/03 10:18 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Tomorrow morning at 5:30 am we head to the hospital! I am so encouraged, though, because I'm being so cared for and am so blessed by the kindness of our family and people in our church. We've already received one meal and will be receiving them for a couple weeks following the surgery. Family is helping with the kids the first week and a half or so, but there were a few days there that I'm still supposed to be "doing nothing" and wasn't sure what would happen with the kids. A friend from church just called and volunteered to take the boys that entire week! They'll have a ball playing with her little boy, so that is a huge load off my mind. It shouldn't be too hard to find help with little Miss Sarah, if she were still just a babe I wouldn't worry about it but she's a full blown toddler and actually a lot more work than the boys! Well, I'm just thankful that already the Lord is showing that He is watching over us and all is being taken care of. If I had my way we wouldn't be doing this at ALL but since it's not up to me I'll just trust that He knows best and is working all out for our good and His glory. And that is what I pray for each of your lives as well!

Much love!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Surgery is tomorrow, blessings already new
      #17047 - 08/12/03 10:26 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Michelle: Do take the advice of the Dr and don't do anything. I forgot a few times, just picking up some orange juice I could feel the tension and had to ask my husband to please take the OJ quickly....lol. You will feel great afterwards and will tend to forget you are recovering. Don't pick up anything heavier than a soup can, and try not to forget......lol........k

#17077 - 08/12/03 01:38 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michelle,
Wow! You really are blessed to have such support from your family and friends. That is great that you had someone offer to take the boys for a week and that you will have meals prepared for you.
Don't forget to show a family member how to post a message for us. We will be worried if we don't hear anything after your surgery.
Thinking of you and praying hard,
A big hug from your Charlotte "neighbor"

#17099 - 08/12/03 03:24 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

God is faithful! Sounds like your cup really is overflowing with blessings! It's so wonderful to have a good church family - our "stretcher bearers"! Get a good night's sleep - we're all praying. Psalm 4:8 says, "I will lie down in peace and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." Praying and trusting that He has already gone before you and prepared the way for the surgery and that He will guide your surgeon's eyes and hands and that the very best team of nurses and techs will be caring for you! Looking forward to a praise report!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#17118 - 08/12/03 06:29 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Michelle,

Blessings and lots of love! Remember someone over the other side of the world is praying for you.
Love
Trish

#17120 - 08/12/03 06:31 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I will prayer for you tomorrow - may not be at 5:30a.m.
That is so awesome you have people around you who care and who can love your children when you need to rest.
Keep us posted when you are feeling well and the drugs are making you sleepy.
Blessings,
Barbara

#17157 - 08/13/03 08:37 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Michelle,

It must be a huge weight off of your shoulders to have your children taken care of and so many people there for you. What a wonderful neighbourhood you must live in.

I wish you the best and keep us posted on your progress!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#17202 - 08/13/03 03:11 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

The Lord has brought you to mind several times today, Michelle. Praying all is well with you, your hubby and your dear children.

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review