Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
you poor thing! new
      #170091 - 04/15/05 08:14 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Bob,

Have you had all the tests to diagnose IBS? Have you had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, blood work, etc.?

Are you C, D, or A?

I am sooooo sorry to hear you suffering so much! As a kid the pain and gas would get so bad I would throw up from the pain! my mom thought I was bulemic (I was anorexic but I would NOT make myself throw up!) That was the only thing that would make the pain better (temporarily).

The best advice I can give: Get everything ruled out. Get regular sleep and exercise. Drink loads of water. Find things that relax you. Consider the hypnotherapy audio option. And keep venting. We all understand your pain (unfortunately)

Take care

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help me please... new
      #170093 - 04/15/05 08:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

If you are okay with using herbs, as it sounds like you are, consider feverfew. It helps with my migraines loads! (Going GF helps with my IBS pain a LOT...so I don't seem to need the feverfew as long as I eat IBS safe and GF!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#170190 - 04/15/05 12:19 PM
Bobster

Reged: 04/21/04
Loc: tampa, fl.

Thank you, that was sweet of you. I have tried all that you have mentioned to no avail. But at least i seem to be ending a cycle ( so to speak ). Im starting to feel better right now. As we know, that can change quickly but still, i feel better right now.

#170193 - 04/15/05 12:23 PM
Bobster

Sounds like you found some good Drs. maybe. I have seen a few, they are no help to me. I will do the best i can. Thanks

Re: you poor thing! new
      #170204 - 04/15/05 12:41 PM
Bobster

I had all those tests done many years ago. My symtoms go like this. Every morning within the first 3-4 hrs I have at least 3 bowel movements. There is usually not much there each time. Even though I feel like i have to go badly. I usually have mild discomfort. When the severe pain comes on, It starts just below my belly button, as im sitting on the toilet the pain intensifies. I can only pray for relief.As soon as mt bowels move, the pain lessens dramatically. Either seconds or a minute or so later, the pain returns quickly and the cycle continues for usually no more than 40 minutes. Im honestly begining to wonder if my brain or subconsious part of my brain is sabatoging my body. The reason i say this, is because when i had major back surgery 2 yrs ago, screws and rods in my spine ), I went for many months without the severe pain. I dont understand that at all, i think i might be physco or something.

#170224 - 04/15/05 01:18 PM
DeborahC

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: Nutley, New Jersey, USA

Bob, please, you break my heart! I've had this since I am 5 yrs. old and I am now in my 40's. Sick is a word that cannot encompass my world of torment and pain. Up to 3x a week with excruciating, crippling spasms for hours upon hours. Vomiting from pain, pouring sweat. All of us....a very grim picture of a life. I honest to God have always felt like I was going to die. I have taken every single pill out there and test. Nothing helps.....but if you've ever done anything in your life, I am BEGGING you, PLEASE TAKE AND STICK WITH HEATHER'S ACACIA. Do not give up or become impatient with it. I believe it is KEY to your becoming well again. I would scream it out to the entire world if I could and I have already conveyed to Heather that I believe it is in the truest sense of the word... a MIRACLE. Please Bob, you have nothing to lose and a life to gain. I'll be thinking of you. Deborah

#170240 - 04/15/05 02:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

It def. sounds like you could try the audio tapes. IT IS NOT in your heard...but it can contribute if you have a lot of stress! It could also be (I'm only saying this because it has been my experience...) that a test gave you a false negative. Do you feel worse when you eat certain foods? have you tried a food diary/elimination diet?

I really hope you feel better soon!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#170279 - 04/15/05 07:44 PM
Bobster

Yes i tried the diet thing. I can eat the same stuff basically for weeks sometimes. And have no problems. Then without rhyme or reason it strikes like a bear from the bush. I do know that i cant eat fatty animal food on an empty or semi empty stomach. I especially cant eat sweet food in the morning. Like doenuts, sweet roles etc..

#170284 - 04/15/05 08:09 PM
Bobster

You sound like you have it bad also. Im 44 yo and ive had it bad since early 20's. It just gets worse though. I still have some acacia left. I tried it but didnt feel it helped. I know im not the only one with this problem. I just hope i can help myself and others by hearing other peoples symtoms and try to figure something out. I could be so much more if i didnt have this condition. Others would be proud of me for what i could do. And i would be proud also. Im nothing too special but ive always believed i could do whatever i wanted to if i tried. But im so limited now. Its like im climbing a steep mountain with others. We see the top and look at each other and smile. From behind me, someone clasps a ball and chain to my leg. Then says, the last one to the top is elimenated. I know you all can relate.

#170294 - 04/15/05 09:33 PM
DeborahC

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: Nutley, New Jersey, USA

Please listen to me. You say you have some Acacia left. Bob, you cannot skip a day, you cannot skip a dose. You absolutely have to work your way up to 3 tablespoons EVERY SINGLE day of your entire life.

I buy package after package. It has to become part of your life, like opening your eyes every morning. You can't say oh, I forgot to take it tonight, I'll just take it tomorrow. I wish I could get thru to you how important this is to you becoming well. You're probably reading this thinking, she doesn't understand but I was as sick as anyone could possibly ever be and I know what I am saying. I would NEVER come on to this website if I weren't 101% sure of what Acacia can do.

Now, there is a point to this....My Uncle has IBS-C and has been suffering his whole life as well. I went CRAZY researching every thing on this website - I even made a book for him so it would be easier for him to grasp every thing. I ordered him the Acacia - he took half the package and threw the rest of it in the garbage. My Father caught him and said, "Why are you doing that?" His answer: Oh, this isn't working for me! Sometimes (not all the time) men tend to be less patient then women. He bought it and expected immediate results.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU but I just want you to know, without question, you must stick with this for at least a few months without skipping any doses in between. I read in one of your other posts that you can't eat animal fat on an empty stomach. Bob, I don't believe you should be eating animal fat at all or those donuts (you know most of them are fryed in oil). I love ALL of those things too but....You Have To Be Willing To Change Your Life, If You Want A Life. I wish I could get thru to you! Deb

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6038

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review