All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
He's gone...
      #169085 - 04/11/05 08:11 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Well, we waved him off about an hour ago . I think it was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and it's really tough to walk into the house and prepare kids lunches and cope with tantrums like nothing is different. The little one's don't understand and keep saying "dada? dadda gone?" and I just keep saying "yes, dadda's gone but he will be back in a couple of months". Sorry guys. I just don't feel up to posting replies atm, but might hop on tonight when the kids have gone to bed. Hopefully I'll be feeling a little less devastated by then. I need hugs please? This has been a really bad day.

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: He's gone... new
      #169089 - 04/11/05 08:25 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Oh no! that sucks hun! How long will he be away from you and the girls?

I hope he can at least call often and go to sleep tonight with one of his unwashed shirts that smell like him. maybe that will help.

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs.. so sorry he's gone for awhile.

--------------------

HUGS!!! new
      #169090 - 04/11/05 08:28 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sending tons of hugs your way! I know that this is a really rough time right now so I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and that we're all here if you need us

Hang in there!
Kelly

BIG HUGE MASSIVE HUGS new
      #169094 - 04/11/05 08:35 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I wish I could give them in person hon! I so understnd.!!!!
It will get easier everyday and I am here for you. BIG HUGE MASSIVE HUGS AGAIN!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#169096 - 04/11/05 08:51 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Amy,

It must have been hard to see him go. Don't feel at all bad about wondering how you'll cope with the kids alone. All of us here with multiple kids would be feeling the same thing. Three small children can be a supreme challenge to even the healthiest of people, but as we know ibs adds yet another challenge. When I have to be alone with the kids or travel alone with them I eat super safe. Even if that means surviving on the same two or three things every day. It is bland, but gives me some peace of mind anyway. I hope that you can get some help from relatives during these weeks. My guess is that you will find strength you didn't even know you had and you'll find a way to make it work.

I'll be thinking of you and hugs!!!

Laura

#169102 - 04/11/05 10:13 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

** loads of hugs **
I'm so sorry, I know you knew it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier.
I'm sure after the first few days the time will start to go by a lot faster than you thought it would, try and keep yourself busy for the next little while and be extra careful so your tummy stays happy if things get more stressful.
We'll be here for you, for whatever support we can offer.
**more hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks so much guys.... new
      #169115 - 04/12/05 01:41 AM
doubletrouble

I'm SO sick of crying. I kinda wish I could have a big bawl and let it all out and feel better but I just keep having these little cries and they're getting annoying! My tummy is so twisted and in so much pain right now. I keep trying to eat but I just feel sick the minute I put food anywhere near my mouth. I know it'll get easier in the next couple of days but right now it just feels like the end of my world.
Ashley, he's going away for 6 weeks (well 45 days to be exact), right, deep breath, 1 down (almost) 44 to go. It just seems like such an endless amount of time right now.
Thank you all for all the hugs! Makes me feel a bit better to know people are caring and understanding. Hugs back to you all

--------------------
Amy

Hugs Amy new
      #169124 - 04/12/05 03:03 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

HUGS!
I'm sure the time will fly.
Padhraig was away before for three and a half months and we got through it. It was hard and even speaking on the phone was hard as I was in college in Ireland and he was working in Dublin. It made us so much stronger as a couple though.

You know where we are if you need us.

S

--------------------
S.

*HUG* new
      #169133 - 04/12/05 04:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have enough friends who have been there, I know nothing will help except to give you a hug! if I was there I'd offer to entertain the kids if you wanted, but I'm not.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#169135 - 04/12/05 05:09 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hang in there. You'll fall into a rhythm with the kids and you'll get used to it (sad, though it is). Be sure to ask for some help. Ship the kids off to Grandma's or a friends or something to give yourself a break here and there, OK? You need to take care of yourself, too. I remember the days when hubby was gone sun aft to friday late evening. It was not fun. I can sympathize with your heartache. Hang in there. Be strong for your kids.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#169140 - 04/12/05 05:54 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I can't imagine how hard this must be! *HUGE HUGS* Try to focus on your family and get into some kind of routine. Hang in there hon!!

#169147 - 04/12/05 06:26 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Wow, that's so incredibly tough Amy. I would feel exactly the same way. I hope it gets a bit easier for you in a couple of days.

Remember that it's extremely tough for him as well.

I'm so sorry Amy.

Re: Hugs Amy new
      #169199 - 04/12/05 08:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hang in there Amy! I know this has got to be so incrediably hard right now. Take some deep, calming breathes and take it one day at a time! Hug, hugs and more hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#169204 - 04/12/05 08:52 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Didn't realize it was this soon. Wow, time flies by! And hopefully his absence will go just as quickly.

You are strong, Amy. I know you'll miss him, but we are here for you! And when he comes home, you guys will appreciate each other even more.

Will you have phone contact at all? Letters? Will he be able to come home for a weekend in the middle of all this?

Take Care, sweetie. In the long scheme of life, this is just one short period in your life. Many happy years to come! No worries! Not to fret!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#169209 - 04/12/05 08:58 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Sending huge hugs your way! I hope the kids behave themselves some, and I wanted to let you know I know a little of how you feel. My bf (Mac) left for Turkey for a year after we'd be dating for 4 months. I saw him for 3 weeks over that entire year. It sucked, but we got through it. Time will fly and he'll be back before you know it. Wish I lived closer, and could give you real hugs and help with the kids!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Big hugs, Amy new
      #169235 - 04/12/05 10:22 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, you poor thing! I know that must have been extremely hard, but you'll get through this. My heart goes out to you and the little ones, who surely don't understand what's going on. Hopefully, the time will pass quickly and you will all be together again soon. Just try to stay very, very busy to keep your mind off of this. I know that's easy for me to say, and I know it's hard when you have young ones who keep asking about their Daddy.

I will pray for you! ((((Big hugs)))) You have all of us here to listen when you need to talk. Don't be a stranger! We want to hear from you.

#169253 - 04/12/05 11:21 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

awww Amy! I know how you hate being housebound, not having hubby around has to make it ten times worse on you!
Try taking your kids out to a park every so often or something maybe, it might help you out alittle.
This HAS to be an upsetting situation, remember you have plenty of people to keep you company on the boards!
Hope you are feeling better soon

sending you lots and lots of huggs!

--------------------
-Sheri

#169276 - 04/12/05 12:38 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Oh Amy,
I have no earthly idea how I would cope with this if I were you, so all I can say is that I hope you have good support all the way over in your hemisphere down there to help you out - with house and home and kidses and meals and sickness. I'm sure hubby will miss you and the little ones too - can you email him while he's gone? I remember email was a life-saver for me and hubby (then boyfreind) when I lived in China for a year. We'll be here to encourage you and lend support as we can.

LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS!!!

Min

Aww, Amy, I can't imagine. new
      #169294 - 04/12/05 01:18 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I have a hubby who works nights and i work days and he's gone for this week, and I struggle enough with that. My heart goes out to you, I know that loneliness, to a smaller degree.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Been there.... new
      #169299 - 04/12/05 01:26 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

My husband was in the USMC for 10 years and we did more deployments than I care to remember. I understand what you are feeling...hugs and my best to you.

--------------------
"puffy"

Awwww, you guys.... new
      #169401 - 04/12/05 09:35 PM
doubletrouble

Thanks so much. Unfortunately we won't have much contact at all. He's allowed to write once a week (I think it's that often) but I've no idea how many times he's allowed to call. I haven't heard anything at all yet so I'm assuming it won't be all that much. They're pretty much kept busy from 6am till 10pm then they go to bed. And no email either I know we'll get through it. I'm okay in the mornings cause I'm busy doing stuff but I'm finding evenings and late afternoons pretty tough. The house just seems weirdly empty. Thanks so much for all the hugs. I really needed them, and don't worry, I'll still be here driving you guys crazy with posts

--------------------
Amy

#169419 - 04/12/05 11:59 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hold on honey and think of the time when he will be back. In the meantime get busy with things that were left undone and email him everyday. Will pray for you. Love Jenny

#169579 - 04/13/05 11:40 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

{{BIG BIG BIG LOADS AND LOTS OF HUGS FOR YOU SWEETIE}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Thanks Shell.... new
      #169749 - 04/13/05 10:07 PM
doubletrouble

I'm okay today! He called last night (admittedly it was for 3 minutes and only to ask me if I could fax our girls birth certs and marriage cert. to him, but he called!) so that was great

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1598 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review