All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ok, gang, it's your turn. I need a hug!
      #16711 - 08/08/03 11:45 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My hubby and I are moving in about a week now. Things are REALLY stressful! Money, new people to meet, a new lifestyle--the works! I'm SO STRESSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any advice on moving...comforting words...or just want to give me a hug...I'd LOVE it!

Thanks guys, happy Friday!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, gang, it's your turn. I need a hug! new
      #16712 - 08/08/03 11:49 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Aaw, Ruchie. I am sorry that you are so stressed over moving. It's not so bad, to me anyway! I enjoy knowing that I will be in a new place, with new stuff and new people. But, alas, I am a Gemini and in need of frequent change! I hope that all goes well for you. It will be all over before you know it and you'll be enjoying your new home. Good luck!

((Hugs))
Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#16714 - 08/08/03 11:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

Does that mean your hubby got the job? I HOPE SO!!!!!!!! Let us know!!!!!!!!

This is the first time I've ever felt settled anywhere...and now we're moving. It's all for the best...but it's still tough! Even good change can be hard! I know I'll make friends, and that things will be fine once we get there. It's the getting there...and the adjusting that's difficult!

You're so wonderful, thakns for writing me back. AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MOVE!!!!

Love n' hugs,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#16716 - 08/08/03 11:58 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Good luck on the move!! Don't get so stressed! More stress the worse you will feel! Just go with the flow! Sending really big hugs ((( ))) Sue

#16720 - 08/08/03 12:12 PM
airplane girl

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Indiana

And another hug from here also..Anticipation over a big event always gets my tummy in a bind so relax it will be great!

(((((BIG HUGS))))) new
      #16725 - 08/08/03 12:53 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I hope things get better for you - I understand how you can be stressed, but just focus on how exciting it's going to be to redecorate an entire home.

I would love to move, just to spend the first few months making the house my own.

I wish you nothing but happy thoughts.
Take care

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16726 - 08/08/03 12:56 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Nope..no answer yet. I can't understand what the schools wait for! I have moved alot in the past five or so years, so I know what it is all about. I will keep you posted though! Thanks for the support!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#16727 - 08/08/03 01:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

That's part of my stress too! The schools don't know if they need me to teach or not...so I'm trying to decide what to do about a job. Should I hold out for a teaching position--my love and sanity job--or just take any job so we can have insurance! Making these decisions are NOT my strong point! I know that whatever happens will be for the best--it's the waiting that's tough!!!

I wish you and your hubby ALL THE BEST!!!

((((((HUGS))))))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#16728 - 08/08/03 01:09 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I've moved a lot, so you could kind of say that I'm an expert on moving! I know how stressful it can be. For someone like me, who likes everything just so-so, moving is always very stressful for me, because it turns my world upside down. One time several weeks before we were to move out of town, a representative from the moving company called to set up a time to come by and disconnect our refrigerator, and I started sobbing on the phone. The woman said, "Are you all right?" I was in hysterics. I could barely tell her, "No, I'm not alright. My husband is temporarily working out of town and has left me with two kids, a dog, and all of these details to work out!" I was so embarrassed later!!!!
My advice to you is to drink lots of wine and chill out. Just kidding! Don't guess that would do your stomach any good. (Your head maybe, but not your tummy.) I think it's exciting to move into a new home, discover new places to shop, and meet new people. Have fun! Wish I could help unpack. Now that I like to do.

#16729 - 08/08/03 01:33 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Everything will fall into place, you'll see. Try and think of it as an adventure. Let your hubby know how you are feeling. I am sure he is good for a big hug. ((hugs)) artist

#16780 - 08/09/03 06:54 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Try to relax Ruchie. In 1998 my husband and three children (ages 8 months, 11/2, and three year) made a blind move to Austin, TX. We lived there for three years and made another move to Appleton, WI and in the two years we lived in two places. We lived in a two bedroom apt. and now we live in a house. We have lived in our house for one year now.
The worst part about living here is the job market is bad. My husband is now umemployed and trying to make money taking small jobs.
I've handle the stress much better than my husband. My kids are playing quietly in their rooms and I'm retreating from my husband to avoid his bad mood.
I know stress and the best way for me to handle it is to sit in a quiet room and listen to classical music. I go for a walk and spend time with friends at the park.
Hang in there and I'm sending big hugs through e-mail right now.
Barb

#16806 - 08/09/03 12:07 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Ruchie!

I'm sure everything will be fine. You seem like the type of person that can adjust anywhere. I'm sure you'll meet lots of new people and make lots of new friends.

You remind me of my best friend from high school. Her aunt and I would laugh at her all the time, because every time we went somewhere, we could always count on her to get into an in-depth conversation with a complete stranger. She just has that type of personality. I'm not sure why, but for some reason you remind me of her. Maybe it's because she was a cheerleader!

Anyway, try not to worry so much. What's gonna happen is gonna happen, whether you worry about it or not. I know that's easier said than done. Just do your breathing from hypno. I know that really helps me sometimes.

I'm sure you'll look back on this later and wonder what you were worried about...piece of cake!

Good luck! Keep checking in and venting those aggressions with us.

#16825 - 08/09/03 03:19 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!

Try to give yourself some time to de-stress each day by lying down and listening to some peaceful music, walking, deep breathing and yoga.

Thinking of you,
Kerrie
xx

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#16933 - 08/11/03 05:26 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Hey Ruchie! Hope that the weekend at least allowed for a moment or two of stress-free relaxation. And that you get through the move without too much trouble. How exciting! A new home!

Sending you stress-free vibes!

--------------------
~jules

#16934 - 08/11/03 05:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the support, kind words, and the HUGS! We've started the countdown...and the packing!

Mags, you know, you're right! That does sound like me LOL Inside, though, I'm actually a little shy! I just like being friendly and making people feel good--but I always think I said the dubest thing!

There is a lot of excitement in moving--and a lot of apprehension. But I know I'll get through it! Especially with friends like all of you!

I think the scariest part is I don't have a job (yet!) and there are quite a few unknowns in the picture. But things always come together the way they're supposed to in the end...so I'm just gonna try not to worry about all that!

Thanks again everyone...and please keep sending your positive vibes my way!!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#16936 - 08/11/03 07:05 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

That's the spirit Ruchie!! Sue

#16954 - 08/11/03 09:58 AM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

Don't get stressed out when you haven't unpacked everything
after four weeks or three months, or a year. I moved in February and I still have things to fix, pictures to hang up and some boxes with mixed things that I can’t decide what to do with. Last week I finished my kitchen curtains and I bought the fabric around Easter. But I have a good alibi if anyone complains, a very demanding soon-to-be one year old. And the important thing is that everything gets like you like it not how fast you can get it done.

Hugs,

Fia

#16980 - 08/11/03 01:57 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Ruchie,
Am just catching up with the boards,as i was away for the weekend! Listen,we just moved about 9 weeks ago now, from London,back to Scotland.We were missing it so bad! Anyway,i didn't have a job,and the whole organising packing,removals,finding a new place to live,was manic.So i totally understand what you are going through,infact we still have a few boxes waiting to be unpacked!Things do have a way of coming together,its a bit cliche,but its true! We found a lovely flat to rent for the moment,and i've been temping with an agency,and started a new job last week through that,so you really don't know what round the corner!! You have each other to get you through.

--------------------
Morven

#17130 - 08/12/03 10:49 PM
Free2bDee

Reged: 07/22/03

GOOD LUCK with your move!! :-D
P.S.... Where is the road taking you??
~Deborah in So. Cal

--------------------
~Deborah

#17179 - 08/13/03 11:59 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Well here it is, I am late getting on the board, haven't been on a few days.....(..........) BIG HUG!!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 550 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5167

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review