Pages: 1
What's your most embarassing moment(s)?
      #16688 - 08/08/03 08:58 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

These are SO fun to read!

I have many, so here they are:

Last year, I was getting ready to go out to the bars on a Friday night. I lived alone in my apartment and my back slider looked right into a set on condos and I had no curtain. I turned the lights out because I was getting ready (all you live-aloners out there, please tell me you walk around in your undies!) and I didn't want any of the creepy old guys spying on me. I had shut my bedroom and bathroom doors b/c I was smoking (I've quit!). Anyway, all of a sudden I needed to pee -- RIGHT NOW! So I got up and ran full-speed toward my bathroon. I rounded the corner and ... BAM! Face first into the closed bathroom door. I stumbled back a bit, dazed. I managed to give myself a bloody nose and a big lump on my forehead. I SO wish that someone was there to see it happen, but my neighbors must've wondered what the crap was going on up in here.

Two summers ago, I was at my parents house on a lake. I ran off their dock to do a cannon ball, slipped and went arse-over-ankles into the water. I managed to rip open the webbing between two of my toes and was in the emergency room for three hours on a Sunday night, waiting for stitches.

I walk into walls (even in my own home) and run into the same corner of the couch every day. My bf thinks it's hilarious!

I'm a walking disaster, klutz. I have no balance. I'll just be standing there and I stumble.

Ok, what're yours??

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's your most embarassing moment(s)? new
      #16689 - 08/08/03 09:10 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Ok here goes mine....

I was in Sales before I got back into Administration. The toughest part about that was they would judge you on not only the product you sell, but also the way you look when you arrive etc.

I was at a clients sitting in an office chair with castors. I went to leave after the meeting and I was caught on the chair. I thought it was by my pant leg, but with a closer look I realized it was a pair of panty hose?

I had done laundy the night before and a pair had worked it's way into the pants. The pants were baggy so I must not have noticed.

I had to unravel my pantyhose from their chair and leave.
Needless to say I never went back.

LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16703 - 08/08/03 10:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

When I was in high school I had the BIGGEST crush on this guy (it had been going on for a couple of years already). He was the director of our talent show and I did a monologue. I had just recently gotten off crutches.

I'm standing there in front of 400 people or so and my leg falls asleep during my monologue. On stage. "he's" backstage. When I exit the stage, I fall down the step right in front of him (at least I was off-stage already!) I was HUMILIATED!

I have two other stories with boys and being a klutz--one rollerblading the other rollerskating. I was rollerblading one day in a big community park. I tripped and fell! These two cute guys sitting on a bench asked if they could help me--and I said no thank you. Then this man comes over to me with a tissue informing me I was bleeding! I had scraped my knee! Rollerskating in college, I fell. I NEVER fell excpet for this one time. The cutest guy I'd ever seen, until my husband (I had never seen him on campus before), was there to see me fall. I got up so fast to skate away...and he had been trying to talk to me...and I never saw him again. TALK ABOUT A KLUTZ!

But it all worked out in the end. I married the man of my dreams...and he's only seen me fall once!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#16792 - 08/09/03 10:04 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Quote:

I walk into walls (even in my own home) and run into the same corner of the couch every day. My bf thinks it's hilarious!

That's too funny! I do the exact same thing. At my old job, I would walk into--not through, but INTO--the doorway of the office. And there's a low (toddler-height) shelf in my classroom that my assistant teacher and I have been banging our knees on for two weeks now. Dips in the carpet do me in, and I've been known to slide down steps sideways. It's awful .

#16808 - 08/09/03 12:14 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I'm the same way. Half the time I just say 'ow! ' out of instinct, because I'm so used to walking, banging, bumping into things. I always wind up with bruises that I have no idea where they came from. My dad has always teased me that he should have named me grace, because I'm so graceful.

Maybe it's a side effect of IBS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review