Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Help, pls. Advice needed!
      #166359 - 04/02/05 06:36 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I am not going back to the hospital!!!

That being said, I'm getting symptoms again since 6 this morning, the same watery D every 9 minutes, the sort imodium isn't seeming to help. I've got to stop it before it gets worse (Worse meaning that I start throwing up like I did in hour 4 of the D last time), so I need some help.

Do glycern suppositories work against D, or is there some other plug technology device out there that might help me? I've only taken 6 imodium, because I can't tolerate the water I have to take with it-- the water goes right through me in 5 minutes, and I want the imodium to have time enough to "take."

BF is being very supportive, mumbling in his sleep that I'll be ok, then turning over, supportively. I'm itching to jump on his head and send him to the store.

I'm not in any pain, so I'm just going to lie quietly and wait for the imodium to work. I've also taken some morphine and vicodin to constipate me and slow the stomach contractions. I just need your input if there's anything else i can be doing. I'm not above voodoo at this point, or ritual sacrifices (she said, hovering above sleeping boyfriend).

Thanks,

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help, pls. Advice needed! new
      #166374 - 04/02/05 07:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Nelly, you might have to go back. I don't know what else you can do. If you're having sever diarrhea and can't hold down water you're asking for dehydration which can be dangerous. If it doesn't get any better in the next couple hours, go back to the hospital. You can't handle severe diarrhea without being able to keep down water. Hugs, ALicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Ugh, no more hospital... new
      #166377 - 04/02/05 08:14 AM
Nelly

I must stop this D by 2pm or else I'm going back to the hospital. BF just got back from the store and brought me this new Imodium liquid I've never seen before. It's GREEN. Let's hope it works!

I think I got a little ahead of myself with a piece of white toast I had last night. Turns out my tummy might not quite have been ready for solids, though if you ask me, I could have eaten the whole loaf.

No D in 1/2 an hour. A small victory. OK, back to bed. Thanks for the reply, HS!!

~nelly~

Nelly, Nelly, Nelly new
      #166379 - 04/02/05 08:58 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I just feel so badly for you. This GI crap is just horrid. And this on top of it. Tell me, how do you keep your wonderful sense of humore through all this? Amazing.

I'm trying to think back as to what I did when I was so severly D. I popped tons of Immodium and tried to stay as inactive as possible. Stay immobile, in bed and try to move as little as possible.

I think the liquid immodium is a much easier way to get this stuff down. BF gets a star for going out and getting it for you. Hmm, as hungry as you are, I don't even think rice would be a safe option for you.

I guess I would have to agree with Alicia. You might have to go back to the dreaded hospital since you are dehydrating. If you go to the ER, you will probably get another doctor, and not all doctors are as ignorant as the last one you had. Honestly. You could get a really compassionate one this time. But don't let that bad experience with the ER doc stop you from getting the help you obviously need right now.

Do you think pediolyte is a possiblity for you? Maybe if the D lessens you could manage to get that down. Very important for the electrolytes at this point.

Oh, another thing that worked wonders was a probiotic called Culturell. You can get it at Walgreens or CVC. They did studies on this particular probiotic and they now use it to treat diarrhea for people in the hospital with D.

Keep us updated on what is going on. I hope you don't have to go to the hospital, but I hope you will if the D does not stop.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Nelly, Nelly, Nelly new
      #166441 - 04/02/05 03:43 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Yeah, I wondered about pedialyte too. I feed it to my kids when they are sick or with diarrhea. But if you can't tolerate water, I wouldn't think you could tolerate the pedialyte.

--------------------

Re: Ugh, no more hospital... new
      #166442 - 04/02/05 04:05 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awwww this is just terrible. I'm so sorry you're going through this again!! Try and rest up. *HUGS* I agree with everyone else as well....if you keep having lots of D and can't keep hydrated then I'd go back to the hospital.

Big hugs Nelly!!!! new
      #166466 - 04/02/05 05:53 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

No advice really. Immodium advance USUALLY stops me up. But I hope you don't have to go to the hospital and I hope the D stops for you soon. Big hugs, I'll be thinking of you.

--------------------
Amy

NELLLLLLLY! new
      #166507 - 04/03/05 12:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Are you ok? You POOR THING!

Did you take the liquid stuff? Did it help? I hope you haven't posted in a while cause you're sound asleep! And feeling better. I hope you aren't back in the hospital, G-d forbid!

I'm soooo worried for you. Are they sure it's food poisoning?

I feel so helpless so far away But I'm sending yo my love and prayers from far away...

Please let us know howyou're doing as you have the energy to. We love ya.....we're so glad you're back! Feel better Nelly

(((((biggest cyber hugs EVER))))))

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Nelly, we need an update new
      #166564 - 04/03/05 09:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How are you today? And where are you? Perhaps you are in the hospital again. I hope you are feeling better! Hope to hear from you soon.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Nelly - update needed - how are you? -nt- new
      #166624 - 04/03/05 03:20 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

--------------------

Re: Ugh, no more hospital... new
      #166726 - 04/04/05 01:04 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Nelly,
I hope you are feeling better. I can understand what you were going through as the same happened to me a couple of months ago on the day of my nephew's engagement and I could not attend. Take care. Love Jenny

Oh Nelly... new
      #166764 - 04/04/05 06:41 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Nelly dear, you poor thing. Tell your body that it has been mischeivious enough and that you aren't going to put up with any more stomach troubles. Enough if enough.

I hope that it gets better. I have a feeling that you ended up going to the hospital. If you did, don't feel like it's the end of the world. You're pretty sick Nelly and it doesn't sound like it's ibs and that you can treat it yourself. Maybe you need antibiotics and it's some sort of infection. Is that possible?

Big hugs as always and take good care of yourself. Please update us once you're able to. Come crash on my couch and I'll take care of you Nelly! You can bring your dog too.

Small update new
      #166774 - 04/04/05 06:58 AM
Nelly

Just wanted to post to say I'm still here and fighting to get better!!!!! And guys, thanks so much for the posts. I really rely on your help love and support! Can't even tell you how much it means to me. It's so hard having the kind of D you just can't stop like normal! There's no cramping or contractions-- it's like all of a sudden my large intestine is filled with water and I have to let it drain all of a sudden. (TMI, sorry). Just so frustrating!

So it's Monday morning and and it's still going on. The thing is, when I limit my fluid intake it runs less, so I'm taking small sips of fluid constantly throughout the day. I'm taking this protein electrolyte drink, water and flat sprite (my mainstays when I can't eat anything). No vomiting or urge to vomit, and I'm not in pain, happily. But I am tied to my bed, so it's lucky we have cable tv.

As much as I detest the hospital, if I get a fever or cramps or if the puking comes back I'll be going in. But as long as I stay hydrated I'm just going to weather this out at home.

I sincerely appreciate you guys... When it's hard like this you really come through for me, and I can't thank you enough.

~nelly~

Re: Small update new
      #166778 - 04/04/05 07:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Maybe it just needs to pass through your system. I recommend taking some probiotics incase it's a bug.

You stay in bed and make sure that you don't get dehydrated. That is an order, missy!

And yes, We all love our Nelly!

You are so sweet, S-S!! new
      #166782 - 04/04/05 07:10 AM
Nelly

If Dr. Tina sez stay in bed, well I have no problem with that.

~nelly~ I think King of the Hill is on, somewhere in cable land

#166784 - 04/04/05 07:16 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

BIG HUGS!!! I hope you don't have to go back to the hosp! Love ya nd hope you feel better soon!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: You are so sweet, S-S!! new
      #166786 - 04/04/05 07:27 AM
Sara-Sage

That's right!

#166816 - 04/04/05 09:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ugh, so sorry Nelly!! Taking the vicodin to help make you C is a good idea. I would NOT suggest the glycerin suppository, it will stimulate you to go more!! Also, do you have any anti-spasm drugs, like bentyl, levsin or donnatol? I know you said you weren't really cramping but they can also cause some C and make help slow things down. The donnatol also has a mild sedative it in, which might help you rest more comfortably. They are cheap prescriptions so if you don't have any, do you have a dr who would call in a script for you? Since they are not narcotics there shouldn't be any issue from teh dr's standpoint!

Do keep an eye out for fever. And I worry about you getting dehydrated. Keep us posted when you can so we don't worry too much!! Hugs and love!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

You're a trooper! new
      #166846 - 04/04/05 10:20 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Nelly,

You sound like you're dealing with this really well Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I really hope that you feel better soon. Glad to hear that you're taking care of yourself and that you will go back to the hospital if you need to (I hate hospitals too...know where you're coming from there).

Keep us posted and feel better!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review