All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting back to work
      #16630 - 08/07/03 04:07 PM
Tim G

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: NSW, Australia

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but it didn't really seem to fit any of the others either.

I have been suffering chronic IBS-D attacks for over four months now and although things have improved slightly I am still plagued by frequent visits to my porcelain friend.

I live about 1 hour from Sydney and in the early days had some really bad experiences with the sudden desperate urge to go whilst travelling on the busy commuter train (Visions of 'Train-hopping' still bring me out in a cold sweat!!)

Even though things are improving they are still not great, and as a result of my early experiences, I have developed such a phobia about travelling that I have only been able to bring myself to travel into work on a handful of occasions since Mid-June.

I am lucky in that my work has been understanding, have given me a laptop to use and are currently allowing me to work from home, but I desperately want to get back to the office and see my friends / colleagues. I also manage a team of four which is difficult from a far.

Has anyone out there had similar experiences? If so, would you mind sharing how you got over it? Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tim.

--------------------
Tim

-A poor man's Jamie Oliver...without the attitude!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting back to work new
      #16631 - 08/07/03 04:19 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Tim! I saw you posted on the hypno board that you are currently going through the Audio 100. This is what helped me get over my fear. Along with Heather's diet. And these boards. You are on the right track, and I'm sure you'll be back to work in no time!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 772 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review