--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Something strange happened! new
      #166291 - 04/01/05 05:23 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Nelly, my dear, you don't do anything halfway do you?! I can relate -- on my FIRST trip to London, PanAm gave me food poisoning on the way over. I spent 5 of the 7 days we were there in bed in the hotel so sick I wanted to die. We had friends who sent their private physician to the hotel (who knew they still made house calls). He was a white haired gent with a bowler and a brolly, right out of central casting. He came THIS CLOSE to putting me in the hospital, but thanks to my sweetie pie Andy's dedicated nursing I turned the corner just in time.

I don't think I ate chicken again for a week.

Feel better, hon.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Poor you, Nelly new
      #166299 - 04/01/05 07:15 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How horrible. Sorry you had to go through this. Glad you're finally feeling better.

Oooh, no more cheese, okay?!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Yikes! Food Poisoning!! new
      #166315 - 04/01/05 09:09 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Nelly,
Oh poor you!! That was the one time I wish it HAD been an April Fools, because that sounds absolutely HORRIBLE!
I hate going to the hospital so much, and I've never had the horrible tubes or anything like that for a few days, that sounds totally nightmare-ish.
I think the sickest (in the way) I have ever been was from food poisoning, it was an absolutely HORROR! I think it was from eating 'Wimpy' in the UK, my roomate and I both got it - I threw up a total of 17 times! I was shaking and sweating, having D like I've never had it before... Oy! I basically passed out on the floor outside the toilet..
But GET THIS! At the time, I was working a really awful pub job (not the one I had while on this website, before that) where we lived above the pub. I had the worst boss ON EARTH and she wouldn't let me off shift! I was COOKING in the pub kitchen, throwing up in the bin by the door before someone else finally forced me to leave!
Later, I got told I should have gone to the hospital but I wasn't ALLOWED! Isn't that insane? Then I took the next day off, by paying someone else to work my shift and I nearly got fired for missing the shift, even though I covered it! That was the worst experience EVER!!

I dunno why I am always compelled to make every story about me, sorry about that!!
Anyway, just wanted to say I totally sympathise and I hope you are feeling much better by now.
Lotsa liquids and rest and all that!
**big hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Oh no..... new
      #166335 - 04/02/05 01:29 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Nelly thats aweful Im so sorry.....you poor poor thing....I hope you're feeling a bit better now. I was gona email you cos I noticed you hadnt been around for a couple of days and with you missing having a computer whilsy over here I thought you'd have been on all the time and you werent....god and you ended up in hospital with a tube up your nose?? thats aweful! Sending lots and lots and lots of hugs your way....let us know how you are....hey I hope it wasnt something you picked up over here??

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Oh and that luna bar didnt last seconds....lol....it was gone before the train even arrived at the platform on my way home from meeting you!!lol!! Hey have you tried one of the tasty bars yet?? Boyfriend hasnt robbed the easter egg has he?? hehe

--------------------
Natalie

#166353 - 04/02/05 05:50 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Nelly, I just had a chance to respond to this today. I feel so badly that you were in the hospital. It sounds like you're doing a bit better. As always you have that positive attitude which helps when you're not feeling good. Take care of yourself ok? Let us know how you're feeling. I hope you're back to your old self very soon!!

--------------------

Thanks, LS~! new
      #166361 - 04/02/05 06:45 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Just call me All the Way Nelly. Oh, no wait, don't call me that. You poor thing! Evil Pan Am. I live in FEAR that a trip will be ruined by an ill-timed bug. Food poisioning is the absolute worst. I am therefore never eating again.

LOL! I would wager that most English people come out of central casting. Thanks for cheering me up; my D symptoms have come back this morning and I just had a quick moment here to post--

~nelly~

Re: Hey S-S!! new
      #166770 - 04/04/05 06:54 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Gotcha dude!

I won't say the eveil 'c' word again..... no.....

Thanks guys. new
      #168392 - 04/08/05 04:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I just re-read these responses and it made me feel so much better knowing you guys are caring about me, especially cos my recovery has been really slow.

Today's a good day, and I know I'll eventually get better, but it's been so long now that I've forgotten how great I had it before I got sick. Ugh!

Anyway, I can't say enough how great all your responses made me feel. Thanks again!

~nelly~

#168712 - 04/10/05 12:55 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh my gosh, Nelly. How terrible. I just can't imagine going through this! Did you get the results from the lab yet that confirmed what caused it?

How are you feeling now? I hope you're doing well. You poor thing.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4767

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review