All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Online Dating Relationships - Tell Us About YOUR Experience(s)
      #165792 - 03/31/05 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Some of you may not know this... but Shane & I met online in a "Seattle AOL Chat Room" back in Nov 1997, we were just friends for the longest time... but got to know each other better over the next 1-1/2 years via email and telephone.... we did not meet in person until Feb 1999. I had seen a picture of him from the neck up....he had never seen me. I finally gave in and agreed to meet him Feb 6th and our first official "date" was Feb 14th!! He asked me to move in with him Dec 1999 (effective Feb 1, 2000) and then he asked me to marry him on Oct 3, 2001 and we were married Aug 31, 2002. He has been stuck with me ever since!!

So, what is YOUR experience(s)?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Online Dating Relationships - Tell Us About YOUR Experience(s) new
      #165816 - 03/31/05 01:20 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Shell, what a great story!!! You guys seem so in love. I'm so happy for you both!

#165819 - 03/31/05 01:22 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hello everyone! sorry I haven't been around for a while - been soooo busy with work and studies but I still love you all!!
I met Asaf on the Lonely Planet guide book travel website (thorntree.com) back in November 2002. I was sitting in a little office in North London planning my round-the-world trip (which I intended to do on my own) and he was sitting in his office in New York City planning his identical round the world trip! We got chatting and just hit it off! Soon we were enjoying marathon phone calls and every single day we emailed eachother long letters. We decided to book our plane tickets together. So we did. On Valentines day 2003, one month before we were due to meet and begin our journey, Asaf told me that he loved me! I told him back!
Asaf flew to London the day before we started our trip (obviously my ibs c turned to d the night before he came hahahahaha) and it was amazing in the airport - as much chemistry as there was on the phone and email! Phew and Yay!! We had a very romantic night in a hotel and the next day we flew to New Zealand. We travelled together through New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (where Asaf proposed to me!!) and India!! We married in Israel last summer and now we have been living in NYC for 6 months!! Internet is the way forward!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#165825 - 03/31/05 01:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, what a great story!!! You guys seem so in love. I'm so happy for you both!

Thanks Tina! I just realized too that Easter was 6 years since he first met my Family!!

--------------------

#165827 - 03/31/05 01:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

hello everyone! sorry I haven't been around for a while - been soooo busy with work and studies but I still love you all!!
I met Asaf on the Lonely Planet guide book travel website (thorntree.com) back in November 2002. I was sitting in a little office in North London planning my round-the-world trip (which I intended to do on my own) and he was sitting in his office in New York City planning his identical round the world trip! We got chatting and just hit it off! Soon we were enjoying marathon phone calls and every single day we emailed eachother long letters. We decided to book our plane tickets together. So we did. On Valentines day 2003, one month before we were due to meet and begin our journey, Asaf told me that he loved me! I told him back!
Asaf flew to London the day before we started our trip (obviously my ibs c turned to d the night before he came hahahahaha) and it was amazing in the airport - as much chemistry as there was on the phone and email! Phew and Yay!! We had a very romantic night in a hotel and the next day we flew to New Zealand. We travelled together through New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (where Asaf proposed to me!!) and India!! We married in Israel last summer and now we have been living in NYC for 6 months!! Internet is the way forward!!

Oh, you two sound like you have so much fun together...that is so important. Congrats on your relationship.... the Internet is a wonderful thing!!

--------------------

#165837 - 03/31/05 01:37 PM
Sara-Sage

Dalia! What a great story. That's so awesome. Good to see your face again too.

#165838 - 03/31/05 01:37 PM
Sara-Sage

Wow, great!

#165853 - 03/31/05 01:55 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I met my ex-boyfriend online through an Excite.com (back when they were a good site) personal ad. To be honest, I was really stupid and don't even know what I was thinking. I was only 15 at the time and eventually met him with a bunch of my friends. We went out for 4 years before I eventually ended it with him. Things had been going downhill for the last 6-8 months so it wasn't really that big of a surprise...

The funny thing is that Mike and I's relationship basically started online too. We were co-workers, but used to chat a lot through AIM because that's what my company used to send messages. I was actually still dating my ex-boyfriend when Mike and I went on our first date (bad Jen!). It was on a Thursday night and we had both said that there were a couple movies that we wanted to see. So we decided to catch a flick together as friends. I found myself attracted to him so broke it off with my ex-boyfriend on Friday night and kissed Mike that Monday night when we went to the drive-in movie theatres.

We continued to talk on AIM while at work and still talk all day, except now on Yahoo! Messenger

--------------------
- Jennifer

#165910 - 03/31/05 04:32 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That's so sweet Shell. I've never tried online dating but if I ever become single again then maybe I'll give it a shot!!

#165916 - 03/31/05 04:37 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Gee, I didn't meet my husband online, but through a personal ad in the local newspaper- does that count?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1027

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review