All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update on upcoming surgery
      #16534 - 08/07/03 06:58 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Yesterday we had our pre-op appt with the doctor, and have things more lined up for next week's surgery. I'm going to paste here what I emailed to my friends back home, hope you don't mind, easier than retyping it all.

We had the talk with the DR and we're feeling better about the whole thing. Real quick, here's the story: We've decided for sure to do a vaginal laproscopic uterine-only hysterectomy. Say that 10 times fast!! ;>) While doing the laparascope exploratory part (lighted tube through a tiny incision in the belly) he's going to make sure the ovaries look healthy. Assuming they do, they will STAY of course, but the uterus is coming out to give me relief from the congested veins and pain, etc. Even though it is vaginal and I'll feel better much quicker than if it were abdominal, I still have to do NOTHING, he emphasized over and over, NOTHING for 2 weeks. I sort of hemmed and hawed and he made it pretty clear this way. He's going to be clamping off these big swollen veins down there surrounding my uterus and ovaries. They need to seal off and stay supported and whatever else he explained, I'm tired now and I forget. But if I over-exert and they come loose, he'll have to open me up abdominally to fix them. So okay, I got the point - that is what I am trying to avoid at ALL costs, any more cutting than necessary! So nothing including driving for 2 weeks, then taking it "easy" for a total of 6 weeks, then I can do whatever I want and should feel great, better than before! Can't wait for that! So I'll have to do what is most hard for me, which is rely on help from others, have no choice really. But when it's all said and done, assuming all else is healthy in there and nothing is really bad wrong (i.e. the "c" word), I should feel better than ever in the long run!

The surgery is Wednesday at 7:30 am, good thing I'm a morning person, we have to be at the hospital at 5:30!

Thanks, Barb, for the email asking - and thanks all of you for all your support and prayers.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update on upcoming surgery new
      #16535 - 08/07/03 07:04 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Good for you, Michelle, on making that hard decision. I am sure that it will be for the best. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck, and enjoy the little bit of pampering that you will receive afterward. You will deserve it!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#16546 - 08/07/03 08:40 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I will be praying for you during your surgery. Hope it all goes well for you.
Before all of this were you and Eric done having babies. How are you feeling about having that choice taken away from you?
Just take an easy after surgery. Do you have people who can help you from your church? Wish some of us could be there to help you.
Hang in there and and what a relief to know a lot of your pain will be gone.
Blessings,
Barb

#16588 - 08/07/03 11:17 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Yes, after Sarah, my husband had a vasectomy, so thankfully that was not a factor in our decision here. Three will do for us! Our home is FULL! Thanks for your concern. I'm getting in touch with friends from church now, and of course Eric's parents are planning to come down for part of that time. They both have jobs but I don't know how they KEEP them with all the time they spend down here with us.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#16589 - 08/07/03 11:21 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michelle,
I'm glad you got the details worked out with your doctor and that you feel better about this. Hey, if you ask me, 6 weeks of doing nothing sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Just think, for once in your life, you can sit back and relax and have everyone wait on you. (kind of like men do all the time! Ha!) I will pray for you on Wednesday. Have your hubby or someone else give us a report as soon as you get out of surgery. What hospital are you having this done at?

#16613 - 08/07/03 01:58 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

I'll be praying for you Michelle--am right now--that the surgery go well, and that the elimination of these swollen veins helps with the pain in that area.

Sending good thoughts your way! -nt- new
      #16636 - 08/07/03 05:12 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

#16690 - 08/08/03 09:14 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I hope things go well for you...worse case - enjoy the relaxation which will be given to you following the surgery.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16715 - 08/08/03 11:56 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Will be thinking of you on wednesday.Take it easy after, I know 6 weeks of rest and relaxation and being waited on hand and foot.... hmmm sounds pretty good. Take care of yourself and don't worry about anything just think of the outcome.

#16827 - 08/09/03 03:22 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Good luck, Michelle. I'll be thinking of you!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review