All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day
      #16499 - 08/06/03 03:45 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm working on remembering how blessed I am in so many ways but some days I just lose it. I had an absolutely ROTTEN day at work, and the kids don't even start till Monday! So how did I cope with wanting to shake my supervisor? I ate some cheese-filled coffeecake, a donut, and two snack-size bags of chips! Like that helps! And my boyfriend's out of town for another week, which means I have just a week to get the apartment in order. And there's something wrong with my phone--calls aren't getting through to me. And did I mention that I got rear-ended last week? While stopped at a RED LIGHT? And the guy who hit me didn't have insurance? And my insurance company isn't returning my calls? And my only pair of knee-highs has a run. I could go on and on. I just don't know what to do with myself. I already called a friend and we're supposed to go out but either she's running late or she can't get through to me...stupid phone. Sometimes, I could just SCREAM!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day new
      #16500 - 08/06/03 04:16 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Yuck! What a day you have had I hope tomorrow is better for you! I tend to junk out on junk food when I have a bad day too. Will be thinking of you!

Trish

#16501 - 08/06/03 04:46 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Oh Tesslouise! I feel your pain girl! I also had a long, tiring day. So of course chinese take out for dinner is the logical answer, right? Now, I am not talking white rice and steamed vegetables. I COMPLETELY lost my mind. I ate crab rangoon(cream cheese), a chicken wing, fried won tons, a fried spring roll.... OHHHHHHHH it is too painful to even think about. I feel like I binged because I had a weak moment and I have been so good for sooooooo long. How long will it take me to undo what I have done! WHAT was I thinking! artist

#16503 - 08/06/03 04:56 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hey Tess!

I am sorry you are having such a bad day (or week by the sounds of it). I hope things get better for you soon!
When I have a bad day I just soak and soak and soak in a nice bath with smelly bubbles all around me and
escape in a book.

Sometimes it's alot easier to escape in someone else's world in books than it is to keep thinking and rethinking
about how terrible, horrible and rotten things are going!

I hope things brighten up for you soon!

Sending you some happy thoughts,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16508 - 08/06/03 05:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

This sounds so-ooooo familiar to me. I did this several weeks ago, because I got so tired of "being good." Sometimes, especially when we are tired, we just lose control. Please don't beat yourself up about this. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and that you can wipe the slate clean and start over. (I binged on a philly cheesesteak with cheese, Frito's, brownies, lot of brownies, and the other night I ate an entire Snickers bar.) So you are not the only one who has done this! Just forget all about it, and get back on track.

#16512 - 08/06/03 06:14 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Awwwww-I feel really bad for you. Sure hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there - your boyfriend will be back soon to help you get back on track.
By the way didn't he stock up on safe food for you eat?

#16517 - 08/06/03 08:53 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Oh yes I've got a ton of safe food, safe frozen meals and rice-noodle packets and things. And I did eat the soup and applesauce I packed for lunch. But that was after my majorly self-indulgent moment. Sigh. I was good at dinner though, well I got sushi, maybe not the safest sushi, but I talked my friend out of margaritas and Mexican food (ugh). Anyway, I'm going to bed early in the hopes that tomorrow will be a thousand times better. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2351

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review