All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
We are off
      #16426 - 08/06/03 05:27 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

to Canada. It is so nice to live so close. We are going to Niagara Falls. The last time we all went away was two years ago when we went to Orlando. We're only staying one night but it will still be fun. The hotel has a kids play area and of course an indoor pool. Guess where we will be spending most of our time? We are also planning on going to the butterfly conservatory. I heard it is really nice. Have a great day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: We are off new
      #16448 - 08/06/03 09:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have a great time! Let us know how your trip went when you get back!

#16798 - 08/09/03 11:28 AM
torbetta

Now I remember why we haven't gone away. Oh my what an adventure. The girls were so excited when we got there they were running around the room, diving on the beds. At least they weren't jumping back and forth between the beds like the kids in Rat Race. We only swam for an hour and they played at the play area for oh about 10 min. Maybe it was longer. Then we went back to the room and watched the Disney channel. Since we don't have cable or satellite it was a treat. Too bad we saw all the episodes before. They don't care.

We got the girls to sleep by 10 and then every hour my husband was up checking on the girls. They were laying sideways, then Meike was curled up on the floor. At one point we heard a thud and we jumped out of bed to find Meike on the floor and Maddie laying sideways, I think she kicked her out of bed. Needless to say we were all tired in the morning, except Maddie LOL

The funny thing is all this stuff would have made me so mad last year and this time I thought it was so funny. When I told my mother-in-law how it went she said she was sorry it didn't go so well and I was thinking it was great. Meike was entertaining us at dinner the one night. I could not help but laugh and I think people thought we were crazy. That girl can imitate any scene from a movie and it amazes me.

We went to the butterfly conservatory after we checked out of the hotel. It was really nice. Tory thinks a butterfly landed on him but it must have flown away when he turned to show us.

And I have to say my husband is the best husband. He went and got McDonald's for breakfast and I asked if he could get me a plain English muffin. He came back and said we should move here everyone is so nice. He pulled out the food and instead of a plain English muffin it had ham, egg and cheese on it. So he went to the hotel restaurant and brought back a plain bagel for me. Isn't he sweet?

#16802 - 08/09/03 11:56 AM
*Melissa*

It sounds like you, and especially the girls , had a great time! I had to laugh at the bed incident. I can remeber trying to sleep in the same bed with my cousins or my stepsisters when I was little. More like a wrestling match!

Your husband does sound sweet. It's good to have someone that understands and supports you.

Glad to hear you had a great time.....

#16803 - 08/09/03 12:02 PM
torbetta

Last year we went camping and I shared an air mattress with Meike. In the middle of the night I started feeling around the mattress for Meike and couldn't find her. I started freaking out. I was afraid she had opened the tent and left. That was my biggest fear. I ended up finding her curled up in a ball, off the mattress and up against the side of the tent. They both move so much in their sleep it amazes me. I love going into their room at night before I go to bed just to see how they are sleeping in their beds.

#16807 - 08/09/03 12:10 PM
*Melissa*

That's so cute! I can't wait till I can have those little things to look forward to with my kids someday.

#16820 - 08/09/03 02:26 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

How old are your girls? I remember those days when my boys were little and I couldn't wait to go away on a vacation. We would get to the hotel and they would be so excited that they were hyper and wouldn't go to sleep!!! After all of us being up most of the night (one of my sons snored so loudly!!!) that we were all terribly crabby the next day. I remember wondering why in the heck we had gone away in the first place. I have to have my sleep or I'm a bear!

#16823 - 08/09/03 03:07 PM
torbetta

Madeline is 5 and Meike is 3. I so need my sleep, always have. I have to say Meike needs her sleep too. Oh my I think 3 is a bad age but it is worse when she is over tired.

Speaking of 3 year olds, we were in a store yesterday and she kept taking off on me and touching everything. The lady behind me started talking to her and said are you three? I said how can you tell? Madeline wasn't that way or we just didn't leave the house much when she was three. I am not sure which. I had to laugh when we were at the mall Meike saw the Claire's store and ran into it with Madeline and I chasing her It was like she was in a candy store. That girl loves jewelry and tiara's you name it. Anything to make her look beautiful. Oh wait she says she isn't beautiful she is cute

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review