All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: It's my Birthday Today! new
      #164185 - 03/25/05 09:45 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Happy birthday! I hope that you're feeling better about it now A birthday is the bestest time to pamper yourself, and make others pamper you too

I know what you mean about feeling like you're not doing anything, and getting older - try to remember though, that every day is another day to start over. What you did yesterday isn't as important as what you'll do tomorrow. I think you'll do fine, 'cause you're a wonderful person! Happy birthday again and have a great weekend!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#164215 - 03/26/05 03:39 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Your a young one. Enjoy your 20s, they go by VERY FAST!

I think your health is already a lot more stable than it was, right? Just concentrate on being healthy and content and everything will fall into place after that.

Happy belated birthday! new
      #164228 - 03/26/05 06:33 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Sorry I missed this yesterday! I know what you mean about feeling old---and thinking you've done nothing worthwhile with your life. But you're much too young to be thinking like that!

Hope you had a great day yesterday! What did you do for your birthday?

Re: Happy belated birthday! new
      #164390 - 03/27/05 06:30 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey - Happy Birthday! Don't worry - we all have had our bdays that have let us down (or got us down). Mine was at 26, but it ended up making me take stock of where I was and make some changes that needed to happen. When I was your age (because I'm clearly -so- much older) I was in the middle of hell - I could barely function because of the IBS and was in a new country without knowing anyone for support. But I got though it, and now things are somewhat better.

I always say that we have a problem of extending the present infintely into the future -- at any point in time we imagine how we're feeling to continue on forever, both if we're doing good or if we're doing bad. However, it drastically underestimates the infinite possibility that exists in the future, possibilities that we might not even be able to grasp right now. Just try to remember that things aren't necessarily always going to be the way that they are (in fact, you can get rid of the necessarily), and that there's a future of infinte possibility ahead of you.

#164409 - 03/27/05 08:11 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Happy Belated Birthday! It was my DH's birthday too. Aries....great people!
Hope you enjoyed it!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Happy Birthday Kelly !!!!! new
      #164547 - 03/27/05 08:06 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi Kelly, this is late. I want you to know that I hope you had a nice day. On my last birthday, I was complaining about birthdays in the checkout at Wal Mart. The lady behind me looked up and winked, she said "Its certainly better than the alternative"! I will never look at my birthday or anyones the same way. You matter to me Kelly, you had a difficult time last year, hope you are feeling much better now! gayla

Thanks Everyone! new
      #164765 - 03/28/05 01:57 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words It was really sweet

Things ended up improving a bit as the day went on, I got myself into a better frame of mind and even went out for dinner to Golden Griddle (it's like an all-day breakfast place) and had yummy pancakes with no tummy troubles! So that was nice, I hardly ever go out for dinner so it's always a special treat.

Thanks again everyone,
Kelly

#164777 - 03/28/05 02:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I JUST saw this......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

What a special day for a special person! You ARE doing somethig with your life...you're a good friend and GREAT support to so many of us on the boards. HURRAY FOR KELLY!

YIPPEEEE!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!!!-nt new
      #164961 - 03/29/05 09:55 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review