All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ruchie, Linz, Laura Sue, JenX, Nelly...How's everyone doing on the Fibro front?
      #162709 - 03/21/05 01:56 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I am feeling exceptionally better for the past couple of days but I won't get my hopes up I know it will probably end soon.

Ruchie how are you doing w/ migraines? Did you get any sleep yet? Have you made a decision on moving and when/if you are going to move?

Linz are you feeling any better? How's Archie doing?

Laura Sue how are your migraines? Hope you are feeling better in general!

JenX, hope you are doing well! Where ya been lately? Working hard I guess.

Nelly, well she is probably having a great time in England!! I hope your tummy behaves for ya and the fibro too!

Just wanted to check in on you ladies and see how everyone is doing.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You are the SWEETEST Christie! new
      #162811 - 03/21/05 08:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm ok. Going through emotional stuff with moving, etc. Otherwise the migraines, thank G-d, are better! The feverfew is my new best friend!

H w are YOU Christie? I'm falling alseep at the moment...but I am doing a spit test for my naturopath and I have to stay awake until 11pm. Figures...I'm tired at a normal hour and I feel like I can pass out any second and I have to STAY UP! *sigh*

Continue to feel good Christie! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Urgh new
      #162858 - 03/22/05 01:19 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Not good. I think I overdid it at the w/e (gardening, going out on Sunday night, etc) and slept for 18 hours yesterday and could hardly do anything...Si had to open the kitchen cupboards for me as I just wasn't strong enough. Still tired today.

I'm having another downer period about all this as I've realised I'm kiding myself about being able to work in horticulture. Thinking of trying for disability benefit now.

Sorry to dump, but you asked!

Re: Ruchie, Linz, Laura Sue, JenX, Nelly...How's everyone doing on the Fibro front? new
      #163073 - 03/22/05 02:09 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Tissy!

I'm so glad to hear you're having some good days! That's great. I'm doing much better on the fibro front these days. The achies and fatigue are mostly manageable as long as I don't overdo it. However, the least little thing makes me sick again. I just had a bad flare up of pain and fatigue the past couple weeks due to a death in the family. But after a couple of pajama days I started feeling better again.

The migraines are a total pain in the neck (ooo, just noticed the terrible pun, sorry!). I just had one 5 days ago that was the worst I've ever had. Before that I was doing a little better. I went 8 days, 8 days, 12 days and 12 days between the last four migraines. My goal is to get it down to 2 a month but I'm not there yet.

Linz, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling bad and disappointed about the horticulture career. But remember, our work is not our worth. If your body is telling you not to work, LISTEN to it and go on disability. It was so hard for me to stop working but it has turned out to be the only way I can get better.

I got a couple emails from JenX lately. She's doing okay.

Take care, everybody!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Laura Sue new
      #163268 - 03/23/05 08:11 AM
Tissy

I am sorry to hear you have had some bad days with the Fibro, but I read your post on your loss and stress will definitely make the Fibro flare.

I am glad to hear you are starting to get the migraines under control. And I hope you make it to the 2 month mark.

Thanks for the update on JenX I been wondering where she has been.

Well my kids are sick yet again so I feel that my good Fibro days are numbered. I am sure I will get this round of colds and my Fibro will flare. Oh I can't wait!!

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Linz new
      #163270 - 03/23/05 08:17 AM
Tissy

Don't give up yet!! Maybe the gardening as well as the going out was to much. But could you possibly do something part-time in that field?

I don't mind if you dump. You fibro gals listen when I whine when I get bad Fibro days and think my world is coming to an end.

I read in another post that Archie is doing better, that's great!

I am due for another round of colds from my kids so I am sure I will be miserable and alll gloom and doom again. (sigh) Oh well, I can't do much about that.

Hope you feel better soon,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Ruchie new
      #163278 - 03/23/05 08:27 AM
Tissy

So it sounds like a definite you are moving? I will pray for you that your Fibro and migraines and IBS behave during that stressful time.

I am feeling at the top of my game right now!! I am working but I have a pretty stress free job sitting at a desk most days. When we are on deadline it is a WHOLE different story but right now it is kinda our slow period. And I have had enough energy at nights to keep up on the housework and laundry so that not everything piles up and then I have to spend all day Saturdays cleaning. And I have even had enough energy to pay hubby some attention before he thought I had totally forgotten I had a hubby.

But my kids are sick AGAIN so I will surely get it and then be miserable. I have been giving them vitamins everyday but evidentally that didn't work. So I will be on here in another couple days whining looking for a pity party b/c the Fibro always flares when I get sick.

I know what you mean about feeling sleepy when you don't want or can't go to sleep. But when I want to sleep I never feel that tired. What is a spit test by the way?

I hope you feel better, I read a post that you are feeling kinda depressed. You have my number and e-mail if you need to talk.

Hugs back atcha,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review