All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I'm shrinking
      #162707 - 03/21/05 01:54 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I've lost almost 10 lbs on Weight Watchers. It's going to be a long battle for me because I cannot exercise much, but I have got to get this extra weight off.

My goal is to be much slimmer by the time our son graduates on June 10th. Family will be in town then, and I want them to notice a change!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congrats and keep up the good work!-nt- new
      #162710 - 03/21/05 01:57 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: I'm shrinking new
      #162712 - 03/21/05 01:58 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey congrats!!

#162738 - 03/21/05 02:45 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

WOW!! Thats GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!!!

My weight loss isn't going so well, I think tomorrow I'll look into the weight watchers, seems like we have had several people on the boards do well with it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Great work BL! new
      #162741 - 03/21/05 02:50 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am delighted for you- how long have you been following WW?
Its good too to have a goal like that..my Mam is meant to be slimming for my wedding but its so far away (september)that she has no real motivation for it at yet.

--------------------
S.

#162823 - 03/21/05 08:48 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Thats great BL! I have been wanting to try WW, the problem is I cannot find a meeting place that fits in with my time schedule and the grandkids. I have been offered the book from a friend, I want to get started on a weight loss program, though several dear friends have suggested I try not to start on a weight loss program right now because of the stress and anxiety I am suffering from right now. I see their point, most days, I do not have the mental engergy to to do anything but take care of them. This divorce is getting nasty, and all I want to do is sheild the kids, my emotions are running on fumes.

I digress, is it pretty easy to follow?

#162912 - 03/22/05 06:40 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Me too!! And I feel better all ready !! My hold up is that I hate to exercise! If I just get going I can keep it up it's just getting started.

how's you back feeling these days???

Weight Watchers info----for those interested new
      #162914 - 03/22/05 06:44 AM
BL

I've attended the meetings before (so I have all of the WW materials already). This time I'm just doing it on my own---with the help of a great website.

If anyone cannot get to a meeting but wants some motivation and information, this is a terrific website---- www.dottisweightlosszone.com.

Scroll down to the blue bars. Under "Restaurants," you will find the points of every restaurant you could imagine. They're in alphabetical order.

Under "Message Board" is even more help. These are my favorites---

1. Weekly WW Meeting topics---everything that's discussed at meetings
2. Tips that Work
3. Restaurant/Food Points and Questions
4. Foods that Keep Us Op (on program)

WW now has 2 programs---the points program and a new one called Core (which I've never done). With the Core program, you can eat unlimited amounts of only certain foods. With the points program, you can eat whatever you like---as long as you stay within your points range for the day.

If anyone wants more info, let me know. I have all of the WW companion books. Dotti's website has been so much help to me---I could read it for hours!!!!

WW is really easy, once you get the hang of it. And with the points program, you can eat whatever you want---which is great! It doesn't seem like a "diet" at all, especially when I'm eating a small bag of M & M's (Michelle, I think of you each time!) or a big WW vanilla icecream bar covered in Oreos.

It just makes you conscious of how much you are eating. By writing everything down on paper, you are holding yourself accountable for every morsel that goes in your mouth!

Gayla new
      #162928 - 03/22/05 07:03 AM
BL

I understand not trying to diet while very stressed, but that's how I got in this position in the first place. I overeat when I'm anxious or stressed, which seems to be all the time now. I just finally decided that there would always be stresses in my life---and that I had to quit using that as an excuse for eating too much!

Now I feel so much more in control. Writing everything down helps me to take it one day at a time.

I'm sorry the divorce is getting nasty. That must be horrible to feel caught in the middle. But thank goodness the little ones have you there for some stability.

I will pray for you and your family.

Jessicas new
      #162929 - 03/22/05 07:05 AM
BL

My back is so much better since I had the cortisone injection. I slept last night from 10 p.m. until 8 this morning!!! What a treat! I still have pain during the day, but it's tolerable with the Bextra I'm taking.

Thank you for asking. You are sweet!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review