All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
idiot drivers=no more car
      #161796 - 03/18/05 07:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

at least I think its totalled.. I'm ok... just bruised and battered... but someone driving down the middle of the road and not moving to a side meant I had to move to a side to avoid a head on collision on a freshly graded muddy dirt road and I lost control and hit a tree last night. 2 hours in the ER mostly dealing with x-rays- nothing broken... my elbow was hugely swollen I think the rear view mirror that came off the windshield got that.... my knee got the steering column- opposite knee of last time! argh! and my bendable glasses didn't break like the last pair I was wearing in a car accident, but they did get BENT all out of whack.. found them on the passenger seat. My phone stayed under my butt so I called for help on it.

my neck is sprained, but no broken bones! I was on the way to the chiropractor.. need to call them today and see about going in, but DH will have to drive, I don't think I'll even be up to driving a rental car until some of the pain subsides. I took vicodin twice last night but its made me horribly nauseaus, so no more... gonna call the docs office in a few. DH called into work today and so did I (obviously)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

AMIE!!!!!!!!! new
      #161798 - 03/18/05 07:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm SO thankful you're ok, B"H. Not gret...but ok....

You poor thing! I wish I could make you Shabbos...

Do you need anything from us? Let us know how we can support you...

Refuah Shleimah *hugs*

Love, Ruchie

Have a gREAT Shabbos filled with only good things!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: AMIE!!!!!!!!! new
      #161799 - 03/18/05 07:33 AM
khyricat

I don't need anything, but good thoughts.. I need to post about tummy issues but DH is going to brush my hair since I can't get my hands up there right now and then we have to go get stuff from my car, eat- he's taking me out to a safe place, and pick up my darvocet, and get my glasses fixed... then if I'm ok without the darvocet until bedtime I'll be online... vicodin screwed up my tummy royally this AM... nauseau galore..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: idiot drivers=no more car new
      #161800 - 03/18/05 07:34 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh no.... that's terrible. Are you ok??? I hope you are. I'm very sorry to hear about that.

Oh, Amie new
      #161814 - 03/18/05 08:09 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Know that was scary, but glad it wasn't any worse than it was. You poor thing! I know you're sore and bruised. A good friend of mine was in a car accident about a month ago, and I know what she went through. She still won't drive near the busy intersection where it happened!

Sending big hugs your way~ Hope you recuperate fully!

Re: AMIE!!!!!!!!! new
      #161818 - 03/18/05 08:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry Amie, that must have been scary!! Try soaking in a hot bath when you get home, if you have some epsom salts that may help take some of the swelling down.

Sorry to hear the Vicodin upset your tummy. I don't have that problem with it at all. Hopefully the darvocet will work better for you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#161826 - 03/18/05 08:52 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Amie- just checked in real quick today and had to respond. I am so sorry about your accident, but am glad you are all right. Take a warm bath, use heating pads and what about trying ibeprofen? I know that I cannot take any of the stronger drugs like vicatin or darvocet. They make me dazed and hurt my tummy bad. I usually do 800mg of ibprofen to help with pain. Hubby went through this a few weeks ago after his accident although you sound a little worse for the wear. Take care of yourself and I'll talk to you in a few weeks!!! Lots of Love

#161832 - 03/18/05 09:13 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thank God you're OK. YOu really scared me there for a minute. Take good care of yourself. Hugs, Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

thanks guys... new
      #161847 - 03/18/05 10:03 AM
khyricat

I can't take ibuprofin- my chart actually says I'm allergic to motrin and has for years... because it tears my tummy up something awful... even pre IBS days... but I am waiting until I can go to bed tonight for the darvocet. meanwhile as long as I don't move too much in the wrong ways I'm not doing too bad. I have a chiropractor emergency visit in an hour and a half- he is giving up his lunch along with a nurse for a re-exam and x-rays and adjustment if needed so my back doesn't get worse and then I'll go home and go see the house and let Bill pick up my rental car.. take a soak in a tub again maybe and rest for awhile with the darvocet once I get out! probably be asleep by 7/8 but since I was up and down last night and then up at 5 with the dry heaves from the vicodin I'll be fine... I've been there before, but its been awhile.. just crappy timing since we can't just replace my car without worrying about what it will do to our potential mortgage! I won't know until Monday if they think the car is salvagable or not.

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

OMG Amie! new
      #161852 - 03/18/05 10:17 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Honey, hugs and hugs and more hugs, hope you are doing OK.
That is just awful...thinking of you

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 838

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review