All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Baby Puppy
      #16117 - 08/03/03 07:02 AM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

Hi all, this New living room forum is great ! I haven't been around much to post lately, have a brand new puppy to play with. Boy I sure don't know how all you mother's with children do it, this puppy is too much sometimes, I can't even imagine having a baby! Hat's off to all of you...

I wanted to check in , say hi, and let everyone know I have been doing well the past two weeks, only one episode and it was very minor. I believe the distraction of the puppy has helped to take my mind off my innards for a moment.

Colby

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Baby Puppy new
      #16146 - 08/03/03 10:53 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Awwwww! I LOVE PUPPIES!

That is too weird you said you believe the distraction of the puppy helped keep your mind off your IBS - I was just thinking the same thing about my dog yesterday! I don't know why, but I was thinking about how when I got my dog when she was a puppy, I was SO depressed right before then. The IBS was REALLY bringing me down at the time. Anyway, I got Piper & I swear, SHE helps my IBS! I love that dog so much. She'll be 2 in Oct. and every time I see her sweet little face, all is right in my world.

Enjoy your puppy. It's a lot of hard work in the beginning, but well worth it in the end!

Re: New Baby Puppy new
      #16175 - 08/03/03 08:18 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Pets are such great therapy! I have two cats who I adore, and I know we will get 2 dogs as soon as we have our own land (we are stuck in a condo for now).

Did you know there is a lot of documented research about people's health and pets? People who have animals tend to have lower BPs, lower heart rate, less illness (such as colds and things), pet owners even live longer and happier than non-pet people! So, they really are good for your heart and soul and BELLY!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review