All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
we have a Mitsubishi Outlander new
      #161317 - 03/16/05 08:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It is cheaper but similar. I think I like the look of the Kia Sorento better than ours but it cost more. Anyway our car is a 4 cylinder so some people don't like it. I thought I would find it too slow but it is not. In fact I love it and never really like anything. The only problem with it is that it seems dirty all the time. Anyway I love it and everyone we drive in it loves it too. Ours is a 2003 and is green. We bought it with about 13000 but don't ask me the price b/c I forgot.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL new
      #161319 - 03/16/05 08:16 PM
Little Minnie

My husband didn't fit in our UK rental car! Anyway the outlander is NOT a big SUV (by our standards). Expeditions are BIG. I saw a limo one the other day. It was monstrous!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

it is technically called a Sport Wagon nt new
      #161320 - 03/16/05 08:18 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

On the news today new
      #161321 - 03/16/05 08:19 PM
Little Minnie

Gas in the UK is equivilant to $6 a gallon! Sorry for butting in so much.

--------------------

Well ...... new
      #161358 - 03/17/05 05:23 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Shell, we were considering a Subaru several years ago, and I called the mechanic we used ---and completely trusted. He said, "Oh, no, not a Scooby Doo!" He said that's what they called Subarus at the shop where he worked. He said he would not recommend buying one because they don't have a good record as far as reliability ---and when something goes wrong with them, the parts are hard to get. For instance, if you are on the road and have trouble with it in a small town that doesn't have a Subura dealership, you may be screwed because many of the repair shops have difficulty getting the parts.

That's just one person's opinion. Take it for what it's worth. But this was the best and most honest auto repair person I've ever dealt with---so I trusted his opinion.

By the way, we bought a Honda, one of two cars he recommended. Guess what the other one was? Yep, Toyota!

funny.. my mechanic recommended the subie over the toyota... new
      #161449 - 03/17/05 10:14 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but I had loved my toyotas and was going to get a new one until I walked into the dealership and was treated like [censored]... it was such a different experience at the subie dealer... anyway- most people I know with subies drive them into the ground- I know several fairly recent models with over 300k miles, but not a single toyota that way that was built in the last 10 years (my '81 made it to 220k and was still running a few years later... but the quality went down some after that!)

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Subarus new
      #161550 - 03/17/05 01:24 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

loads mechanics over here drive subarus..and my boss is REALLY into cars and he loves his.

The ones we don't touch are FIATs- they say "Fix It Again Tony!"

--------------------
S.

Re: Shopping For A New Car - What Do Ya Think Of A Subaru Outback?? new
      #162014 - 03/18/05 04:55 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My in-laws have one and love it! I say anything with All Wheel drive is excellent!

Good luck car shopping..

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Other Options?? What Do Ya Think Of These? new
      #162665 - 03/21/05 12:57 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks to everyone who has given their opionion!! Shane & I have been talking and we think we will also look at a Kia Sedona, Sorento, or Sportage.... or maybe even a Hyundai Tucson...we has also talked about a Toyota Rav4. What do ya think of any of these?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I am a Toyota gal... new
      #162671 - 03/21/05 01:11 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

.....so I recommend the Rav4!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31580

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review