All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
So jealous! new
      #161072 - 03/16/05 10:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

The girls on here talk about new cars and their lovely houses and here's us with cost-of-living sky high! Moving to the States gets more and more tempting.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh! So not having a go at you Shell. new
      #161074 - 03/16/05 10:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I didn't mean YOU. Oh dear. The size of cars in the States always surprises me.

Me too... new
      #161083 - 03/16/05 10:21 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I agree with Linz, and its pure jealousy rather than anything!

In the US everything is bigger and cheaper.
My house is 850 square feet at a stretch but cost a fortune, when I hear about deals you guys get out there on real estate I want to move! (honestly)

I know that cars etc are way bigger over there too, but here they are smaller, probably because gas/petrol is so expensive over here that nobody would buy the stuff.

When we were in the US in January we hired a midsize car, at home our car would be in the midsize category but we got an ENORMOUS buick century and the sales guy kept telling us that we would be cramped in it and we should upgrade!! Its a cultural thing, in Japan everything is tiny, Europe is in the middle and the US is bigger.

As SUV's go it looks like a great choice Shell, (I just am against them cos of that TV programme I saw) what colour are you thinking? I am crazy about charcoal grey for cars at the moment but P says that most cars are designed in silver so they look best in that (he has never bought a silver car though)

Shane's car sounds cool, about four people in Ireland have convertibles, our showery weather doesn't help their sales! I would LOVE one!

--------------------
S.

Re: Shopping For A New Car - What Do Ya Think Of A Subaru Outback?? new
      #161121 - 03/16/05 11:21 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

My husnabd has a 2002 and loves it!! It was great in the winter's snow- I'd check the insurance for one though- it's really high here!

sounds like a plan... new
      #161188 - 03/16/05 01:26 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

DH drives the SUV because he carts stuff for work... I have a wagon.. most trips we use my car.. and I use my car for driving around town and for taking stuff to shows, classes and craft fairs, but SOMETIMES I need more room and then I trade with him for the day- his SUV can hold a TON of stuff.. I took art supplies for a weekend long kids camp to camp last fall in it.. and had branches on top for the succah... and my camping gear.. and food for me to eat at camp and there was SOME room to spare- but not much.. it was so nice to have the big vehicle instead of my car though, I would have barely seen out the back window with it all in my car.. you're talking one size up, should be good for you. I like the impreza because it gets good gas mileage even when I don't need the cargo space, yet has some space for when I need it. If I wind up with something bigger next time- it will be because I'm using it even more for my crafts business or because DH no longer has the jeep I can borrow!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Shopping For A New Car - What Do Ya Think Of A Subaru Outback?? new
      #161193 - 03/16/05 01:35 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Very nice!!!

Can I butt in here?? new
      #161213 - 03/16/05 02:57 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hope you don't mind! ...

I don't think the Outback is considered an SUV though! They sit much lower, more like a car, but they're all-wheel drive (versus the 4-wheel drive in the SUV's). The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. The height and length is closer to a wagon more than anything.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Can I butt in here?? new
      #161239 - 03/16/05 04:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I hope you don't mind! ...

I don't think the Outback is considered an SUV though! They sit much lower, more like a car, but they're all-wheel drive (versus the 4-wheel drive in the SUV's). The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. The height and length is closer to a wagon more than anything.

Yes, I could not have said it better myself!! Thanks!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Can I butt in here?? new
      #161241 - 03/16/05 04:11 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I'd check Edmunds.com to see what they have to say about it and find out how it stacks against its competitors. We used to use this site all the time when I was working for the insurance company to get info.

- Vincent

insurance... new
      #161269 - 03/16/05 04:51 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

isnt' any higher for mine then any other car of its year.. it was high the first yer because I bought a 2004 in 2003! but yes- check that out before you buy any car and talk to your insurance agent... sometimes they will tell you what car NOT to buy or what model/options to get/not get to affect insurance rates...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 764 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31583

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review