All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What does it mean to study yoga? new
      #161076 - 03/16/05 10:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Does that mean you practise it? How do you "study" it?

I wish you lived closer Tina! I am aching to go to a yoga class! I am hoping they have women's only classes where I move!!!!

P.S. Why is a netti pot recommended daily for yoga?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Dalia! My soup and other things... new
      #161084 - 03/16/05 10:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Bought oregano at the store to put in myeggie soup. I making a veggie soup and instead of chicken I plan to put a bit of olive oil or flaxseed oil. Whih would be better? I am also putting whole garlic cloves in the soup, leeks, purple turnips, rutabaga, white potatoes, parsely, cellery, a bit of carrot, a sweet onion, and green onions. Did I
leave anything out that's imort? Should I put some dreid thyme in it or has that lost its nutritive value?

Getting in garlic in my supplements as well as echinacea, goldenseal, astragalus, etc

Would you recommend olive leaf extract or the thyme oil if I can only have one?

I also got sambucol as recoomended by naturopath.

And I'm taking Uristatin for the UTI.

I can't see straight I'm taking so many things!

It's SO worth it! I've never been sick yet felt SO GOOD before! LOL Knowing you are treating your bod right makes all the difference. Thank G-d I found yo Dalia! (Can I all you Dals? There's a Dalia in the community here...and we call her Dals. And I keep wanting to call you that! LOL)

*hugs* Hope works goes well

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Sounds brilliant! new
      #161092 - 03/16/05 10:25 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

For some reason I thought you couldn't have garlic, so I didn't mention that! Yum. Enjoy!

Re: SINUS INFECTION....grrrrr! Tina, Dalia...anyone have herbal ideas? new
      #161095 - 03/16/05 10:29 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ruchie,

Sorry to hear that you've got another sinus infection Yuck! Anyways, I would say that you should try and move around...rest is good obviously whenever you're sick, but I've always found with my sinus infections that if I stay still or laying down for too long, I get even more bogged up

I don't really have any other tips, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Hope you feel better soon!

Kelly

Re: What does it mean to study yoga? new
      #161116 - 03/16/05 11:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Aww, thanks for asking, Ruchie!

It means to study the philosophy behind it and the lifestyle as well. Many yogis and yoginis are vegetarian and practice meditation.

----------------

Yoga philosophy (still working on many of these aspects!):
http://www.yoyoga.com/yoga-philosophy.html

Kundalini yoga (THE ONE I DO!!), works on the premise that the body has eight "chakras," and through use of "breath of fire" (rapid breathing), one can heat up the body from the bottom up, eventually "raising kundalini" to achieve a feeling of high enlightenment.

Re: Do what scares you the most new
      #161118 - 03/16/05 11:18 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I heard that line in a movie several MONTHS ago and knew then that I would have to do "what scares me the most" ie: end my relationship! Honestly. I wrote it down and the ex saw it and got very worried as to what that meant!

I have not and will never do any fast or cleaning program. Just not right for me. Fruit has a lot of sugar in it so I wouldn't think it would be good for you as it would just make your body crave sugar even more.

More info on neti- new
      #161128 - 03/16/05 11:43 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Here is a good page full of basic info on the why's and wherefore's of neti, including (and this was news to me) how a similar practice is done in Scandinavian cultures.

Re: Dalia! My soup and other things... new
      #161209 - 03/16/05 02:42 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey dolly
hope its easing up...of course you can call me dals...loads of my friends do - that and - Dal, DalDal, Doll, DollDoll, Dolly, Dalsi and Doils!!! hahhahaha
the soup sounds great - I would put BOTH olive and flaxseed oil in - why not? :-)
Put dried thyme in too...it hasn't lost its nutritive value - its not like fresh, but you certainly don't lose anything by using it. I would put a few chilli flakes in - they can loosen up the mucous.
About the olive leaf versus the thyme oil - it depends on whether you like to apply things to your sinuses or take something by mouth...I can't say which would be better for you because we are all different. I think I would go with the thyme though because you are taking a lot of things by mouth. here's what you do: put a drop of thyme oil on the bottom of each foot and rub it in (sounds strange but it helps - it moves through your tissues) - then take some thyme oil and put a drop between your eyebrows. you can dilute it with some olive oil and place it all over your sinuses (eg on your cheekbones...where it hurts you)....
Feel better sweetie and REST!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: STRESS HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! new
      #161210 - 03/16/05 02:44 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey - I have no dishwasher too and cook and bake everything from scratch...sometimes even I want to go to the local chinese!! hahahhahaha

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review