All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SINUS INFECTION....grrrrr! Tina, Dalia...anyone have herbal ideas?
      #160995 - 03/16/05 07:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Good news: Haven't had one in MONTHS

Bad news...I have one NOW

UTI, sinusitis. *sigh*

Already taking echinacea, goldenseal, garlic, vitamin C, multi vitmain, and I started zinc losenges agan.

Any other ideas for me?

I plan to drink soup and tea all day. When I'm awake Was supposed to go shopping for clothes. Should I just stay home and rest? I don't want to get worse....is it better to stay in bed or to move around?

Could this be from the UTI? Doing cranberry juice, blueberries.......and the naturopath gave me Uristatin by Thorne Research for the UTI. But Im guessing it takes a while? is a UTI fungal? I have sooo many questions

Thanks for reading. PLEASE pray for me! We are preparing for a move (i'm wondering if stress is playing a role here? Any ideas for that?)

Thanks everyone *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SINUS INFECTION....grrrrr! Tina, Dalia...anyone have herbal ideas? new
      #160999 - 03/16/05 07:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes! Nasal cleansing!

http://safetyis.us/Allergy.htm

I've never done it as I never have sinus problems.

Tina...Netti Pot... new
      #161009 - 03/16/05 07:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Have you ever done one Tina? They scare me! LOL I feel like I di when I was a kid going under water when I had sinus probs....

I do a nasal wash instead with an ear siringe Plus the doc gave me a homeopathic nasal spray. But when I saw him I ddn't have this infection yet. Began brewing last night. Now i's HERE

I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything or if I can speed up the healing process. Sinusitis makes me nervous. I do NOT want antibiotics (unless they're natural!)

Anybody familair with olive leaf extract for infections? Does it really help?

Thanks a million *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Tina...Netti Pot... new
      #161029 - 03/16/05 08:41 AM
Sara-Sage

Nope no netti pot for me. I would do it though if I needed too. Looks like fun. LOL!

--------------------------------------

Here's something I found...

The herbal approach to these problems is both indirect and direct. The indirect approach sees upper respiratory disease within the context of the whole person. Sometimes, the overproduction of mucus is an attempt by the body to discharge waste material which is not being properly eliminated by the bowels, kidneys, and skin. In such cases, the herbalist may prescribe bitter tonics to encourage regular bowel movements; or diuretic herbs which encourage kidney elimination of retained fluids and waste materials; or diaphoretic herbs which stimulate skin elimination.

A diet which reduces mucus production is also essential. In particular a fruit fast for two or three days can help clear a system clogged and over-burdened by toxic wastes. Hot lemon drinks reduce mucus production and so do garlic, onions and horseradish (grate the fresh root into cider vinegar or lemon juice and eat a little each day). You can also add mustard and aromatic herbs like oregano to your food. Extra zinc and Vitamin C will help build up the body's resistance to infection.

Sometimes, emotional factors like suppressed grief can lead to blocked upper respiratory passages. In these cases, a good cry can free this blocked energy and alleviate the problem. Some cases of chronic mucus production are due to allergy.

A steam inhalant is an effective technique for treating upper respiratory catarrh and sinusitis.

---------------------------

Good luck, sis!

#161031 - 03/16/05 08:53 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I use a neti pot every morning- twice a day if I have a stuffy nose- and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I believe it significantly shortened the duration of the last cold I got.
I bought a pot around Christmastime and looked at it nervously for several days- I mean, it does involve pouring water up your nose!- but finally screwed up the courage to try it and found instant relief and easy breathing! It's easy, non-scarey, and actually very soothing. Cleans that stuff outta your nose and sinuses.

Re: SINUS INFECTION....grrrrr! Tina, Dalia...anyone have herbal ideas? new
      #161040 - 03/16/05 09:18 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh no! poor you...
remember that the stress you are feeling could be knocking you over the edge...with all the energy you are spending on changing your body around...coming off drugs etc you are always on the edge...so try and rest as much as possible...
I recommend saline nasal spray - can get it at the chemists...just saline...
also: fenugreek and thyme are both known to break up mucus and expel it over the body. you can put a drop of thyme oil on your forehead just between your eyebrows. or you can dilute it with olive oil and then apply it to your sinus areas...
I have to run to work but will check in later XXXX
feel better darling ....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I know you don't like drugs... new
      #161046 - 03/16/05 09:24 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but when I have sinus issues I use a basic decongestant (Sudafed) and it helps loads.

Also, Have you tried inhaling eucalyptus/menthol steam? This helps clear me out. The thyme oil would also work like this I think.

Good luck. Make sure you eat loads of protein and fruit/veg to boost your immune system too.

STRESS HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! new
      #161063 - 03/16/05 10:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Linz...you're so fortunate! Sudafed makes my sinuses worse! I'm weird huh

TOO MUCH STRESS!

Hubby just told me i have to pick him up from work in an hour to buy resume paper (which means I have to leave in like .5 hour). I JUST got back from the grocery/HFS and I'm zonked and STARVING! No time to cook...eating some fruit...

I need to RELAX! Plain and simple! Any ideas for me? I bought myself some Smart Water and some Aqufina (splurge) and Prevention and Woman's Day magazine. No I just need time to read it and to relax and drink my teas, etc.

I might not have a "job"...but being a homemaker with no dishwasher mind you is no easy task! I actually bought paper bowls so I wouldn't have to worry about dishes too much I'd rather save the envirnment....but I need my sanity!

Thanks for all your help. I know I will get through this ...but I think chilling out is key!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#161069 - 03/16/05 10:07 AM
Sara-Sage

As you know I study yoga and a netti pot, amongst other things is HIGHLY recommended for daily use. Good for you Paula!

Do what scares you the most new
      #161075 - 03/16/05 10:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

Where did you find this quote Tina...or did you write it (I can totaly see that!)

That makes total sense! A UTI is connected with the kidneys so it makes total sense that they need flushing right now!

Where'd you get this info. sis?

I am going to GET BETTER! I have been well for weeks now with the exception of getting that cold last week and then the UTI and now this.

I am picking hubby up and taking him to the store and then I am DRINKING and resting my day away. We will have salmon for dinner...easy to make and SO good for you!

Have you ever done a fruit fast? I read something about fasts that mentions it is NOT good for you as you losr calories and your bod works extra hard cause it doesn't have what to work with? ayone heard this...?

Thank you thank you thank you Tina! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 743 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2258

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review