All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Venogram MRI tomorrow - any experience?
      #160190 - 03/13/05 06:25 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Hi guys, sorry I've been such a stranger. I've been feeling rotten and getting help with the kids, having people in the house doesn't make for much free time. I'm having an MRI tomorrow, one of the few tests I HAVEN'T already had done... they are going to use a catheter to inject dye into my veins and then make an MRI. Any advice on what to expect? I'm guessing it will be LESS than comfortable but in all honesty I'm just so excited to be getting it done I hardly care. This will tell us whether I am a good candidate for vein embolization (less invasive) or whether I'll need open abdominal incision and extensive vascular surgery. Of course we're hoping for the former!! Should know in a few days and then hopefully get it done SOON. If you're totally in the dark as to my situation I apologize but I don't have the energy right now to explain. Just pray for me tomorrow and if you have any personal experience with this type of test I'd love to hear it, we'll leave here around 3 tomorrow (Monday).

Thanks guys, hugs to all.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good luck Michelle! new
      #160263 - 03/14/05 03:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I haven't had it dne, but am crossing my fingers for you! Good luck.

Re: Venogram MRI tomorrow - any experience? new
      #160281 - 03/14/05 04:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele, I had been wondering were you were lately! Glad to hear from you.

As for the tests, I've had a regular MRI and a bone scan done recently. For the bone scan, they injected dye into my veins (no big deal, I was talking to the attendant and didn't even realize she had shot the stuff into my arm). Then I had to leave and return in 3-4 hours for them to do the remainder of the test. I had to lie still on this table (just like with the MRI) while they shot pictures of my body. My back was uncomfortable, but that's just because I have back problems. For anyone else, it would have been painless.

I'm hoping this test will be similar for you. Are you having it done locally---or going to Chapel Hill? I will keep you in my prayers! I'm sure you'll come through it like a champ. I know you are anxious for some answers to your problem---and some relief to your pain.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 331 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review