All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: If you had a baby girl/boy what would you name them? What does your name mean? new
      #160426 - 03/14/05 12:03 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Quote:

Although we are done having kids we still have other names picked LOL

Seriously? I think there is something wrong with me. I want another one .

We have:

Madeline (magnificent) Rose (God's Gracious Gift)
Meike (who is like God?) Elizabeth (Oath of God)
Zoe (Life) Anne (Graceful one)

If they were boys they would have been Elijah Thomas, Thomas Lloyd (our fathers' first names) and the new one is Nathan Timothy (our brothers).

If we had another girl I would like to name her Anna Joy or Joyce (my mom's middle name), I think. Anna is mentioned in the bible and I love the name because of what she was remembered for. We also thought about Chloe before we decided on Zoe. I liked Abigal and Olivia and Isabel but dh wasn't crazy about them. The names just keep coming. Obviously the girls names come easier LOL.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: If you had a baby girl/boy what would you name them? What does your name mean? new
      #161327 - 03/16/05 08:40 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

Ruchie - great question..A little late answering but..My name is Lisa...my Mom wanted to name me "Deserai"..hebrew name is Leah Razel..named after great grandmother and a great grandfather. My older daughter (7) Gabriella Rose is named after..the "G" for a my husbands grandmother Gert and a Aunt Gussie on my side. Hebrew name is Gittel Shoshanna. And, Shayna Chaiya (5) was named for my Grandmother Esther..didn't like the name per say...so "ES" did the letter of her first name "S"..her hebrew name is the same. My sister lives in Rockland County...Suffern. She doesn't have IBS problems (she has MS)..cause I had asked her when you were looking for a GI.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

#161400 - 03/17/05 07:55 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Ruchie, I just opened this and saw my name in the list! Aww You're more than welcome to it (Bamidbar, 1:11)

For those interested, my name means "My father judged" or "My father judges" depending on what form of the Hebrew verb "dan" you're choosing.

I don't know what I'd name my children. Most likely, I'd name them in the usual Jewish tradition of naming children after deceased relatives, usually the new child's great-grandparents. So in that vein, my son would be named Leib (bli ayin hora, my mother's father is still alive and well)and my daughter would be named Baila, Rachel, or Leah, or some combination thereof.

As an interesting point, my full name is Avidan Moshe. Moshe comes from one of my great-grandfathers. Avidan sort of does; I'm technicallly named after an Avraham. But my parents didn't really like the name Avraham, so they named me Avidan instead.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#162292 - 03/19/05 05:24 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ooh- I missed this thread as I was in Florida. Hopefully this will be relevant and important for us in a year or so, I wish we could start trying to have a baby now, but not until after coursework is done...

My name is descended from Guinevere or Genevieve or something and means White Lady. I think. It's boring, that's for sure.

If Eric and I have a girl we plan on naming her Norah Briony.

If we have a boy we have a list, but haven't settled on anything in particular. (We really want to have a girl. This means, of course, we'll get a boy).

This is the rest of the lists of names we find acceptable:

GIRLS
bryony
norah
miriam
elena
isabel
alice
calyx
cassia
doria
stella
celia

BOYS
sebastian
brennan
finn
corin
duncan
greyson
sawyer

I LOVE your name Casey! new
      #162470 - 03/20/05 02:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Cassandra has now gone on my list! Which I can never remember without writing it down and taking ages over it, which why I haven't actually replied yet. It's all romantic/pretty/meaningful names for girls and good strong simple names for boys.

#162488 - 03/20/05 03:31 PM
Linz

Girls' name: Cassandra (Casey), Tallulah (Lulu) and Georgiana (Georgy). All with two middle names (I have a LONG list ), probably with at least one being a flower/plant I like, eg. Lavender, Rose, Heather. And I love Arwen as a middle name.

Boys' names: James, Dominic, Benedict (Ben), Toby, Felix...they're harder!

My name ...."From a Scottish surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "Lincoln's wetland" in Old English." Wahey for me.

#162499 - 03/20/05 04:34 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Arwen- are you a LOTR fan Linz?

--------------------
S.

#162509 - 03/20/05 05:00 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

heeeey
my girls would be: Sofia, Juliette, Maya, Maayan, Gabriella, Jennifer
my boys: Ethan, Aidan, Joseph, Joshua, Samuel
XXXXXX
Oh and my name is Dalia Yael
Dalia is the dahlia flower in hebrew and Yael is a gazelle in hebrew...so I am a flowering gazelle...must have known I would turn out all naturopathic and greeny!!! :-)

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

LOTR -Oh yeah! new
      #162864 - 03/22/05 01:31 AM
Linz

I was a Tolkien nut before the films were even out.

#162910 - 03/22/05 06:35 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Interesting to think about- it's been a while since I've looked at a book of names- My kids are Emma and Jack.. Guess I should find out what they mean!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review