All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Music
      #15980 - 08/01/03 11:28 AM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

So, as I started in the other forum...Steve McDonald is a very talented musician. The first CD of his I got was "Sons of Somerled". He researched his name of McDonald back to the Clan of Donald, son of a king. He explores much if the history in his music and it is very relaxing and invigorating at the same time. Here is the link to Amazon where you can listen to a sample of his music if you want.

I have a very eclectic taste in music, from Dar Williams, Enya, Eminem (ok, not all of his stuff, but some of it) to John Denver and Neil Diamond (don't laugh a me, that is what I grew up listening to with my parents!) to the Violent Femmes. And everywhere in-between. I always have to have music on, it brings my mood up on even the nastiest of days!

What do you all listen to?

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Music new
      #16019 - 08/01/03 02:49 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

My faves are:

Dave Matthews Band
Pat McGee Band
Sarah McLaughlin
Van Morrison
Rascal Flatts

--------------------
~jules

#16020 - 08/01/03 02:55 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My favorites are:

Celine Dion
Brooks & Dunn
Poison
NIN
Enya
Leanne Womack

I love a diversity in songs. There is not just one type of music that tickles my fancy!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16022 - 08/01/03 03:02 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

James Taylor, who we saw recently in Charlotte, is my fav! Carolina on my Mind....

#16046 - 08/01/03 09:27 PM
Josie

In the Spring I went to see Dar Williams in concert. We had no idea who the opening band was, but the lead singer voice sounded oddly familiar. Once my sis and I put our heads together, we figured out that The Ben Taylor Band was...James Taylor and Carly Simon's son, Ben. He sounds a lot like James, but not nearly as sweet of a voice or sweet songs. He actually has a song titled "Let It Grow" that is about pot and one call "The Mushroom Dance" and the joy of the trance...I am not such a big druggie fan, but it was cool to see James Taylor's son!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#16059 - 08/02/03 10:14 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Hi All, I have worked in music all my life, and have co written songs that made it nationally and internationally.

My best friend is baby faces guitarist. Who is an r and b musician and has written for many people including

Singer, songwriter, producer, entrepreneur: Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds is one of the most gifted, popular and influential figures to emerge in pop music during the past two decades. Babyface has amassed a career total of over 100 million units in global sales with his work as a solo artist (over 10 million units) and as a writer/producer for Celine Dion, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Eric Clapton, Madonna, Toni Braxton and Aretha Franklin, among others. His résumé of career achievements includes an unprecedented three consecutive Grammy Awards for Producer of the Year (in 1995, '96 and '97).

http://www.babyfaceonline.com/

There are so many musicians I have met, I cannot name them all.

However, this is a really good friend of mine and her music I believe is awesome, she is extremely talented.

Her name is Amanda Hayley and you can listen to her music for free here.

http://artists.mp3s.com/albums/77/mandy_hayley.html

She has two albums on there.

Unfortunately the best songs really are not available like they use to be, but 'angel on my shoulder' and "eyes of love' are just awesome songs.

I love music it is food for the heart and sole.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#16128 - 08/03/03 08:51 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

I love my music,both listening and playing.(play piano and clarinet)Would loooooooooove to learn to play drums!!
My fave band is...Queen,am 30 now,and started to listen to them early teens,they don't make bands like that anymore!Never got to see them live but I was lucky enough to meet Brian May at the opening of We Will Rock You musical in London,i managed to keep myself together the whole time,but my tummy was is knots!
I like my rock music ,especially early led zep,deep purple,jimi hendrix,through to bon jovi,aerosmith etc.Not a big fan of the manufactured pop idol bands that we have a lot of here in uk! Like bands that play their instruments!!Also keen on blues/jazz.
If i have my music i'm a happy girl

--------------------
Morven

#16129 - 08/03/03 08:53 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I like country and folk music mainly. I like Reba McEntire, Alabama, Collin Raye, I don't know who all because my CDs are still packed from my move. But Reba's definitely my fave.

As for folk, I like Catie Curtis, Maura O'Connell, an Appalachian artist named Jean Ritchie, and two groups from my hometown, Home Remedy and Hotpoint Stringband.

I also like Van Morrison, the Eagles, the Doobie Brothers, and other stuff my parents like.

I also like Moxy Fruvous, a funny, clever Canadian band that sounds similar to They Might Be Giants.

And then of course I've got set opinions on tolerable and intolerable (to adult ears) lullaby and children's music for childcare classrooms....

#16132 - 08/03/03 09:00 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Josie,

Have not heard of the artist you mentioned,but i do love the pipes! Infact there is a huge pipeband festival on in my hometown at the end of august,its called Cowal Highland Games.There are hundreds of pipe bands from all around world (inc USA and canada) Its amazing to watch the parade on the last night.I live in glasgow at the moment,and you always get pipers busking in the street!!

--------------------
Morven

#16176 - 08/03/03 08:23 PM
Josie

I am so jealous that you have such a great festival in your town! I love to hear "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes. It always brings a tear to my eye.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4855

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review