All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bah! I'm sick!
      #159115 - 03/10/05 06:52 AM

Unregistered

Ah I can't take it my throat is KILLING me. I'm such a baby about sore throats but I just can't take it! I haven't been sick since the summer either and I was managing to stay well despite all the sickness EVERYWHERE..geez people may as well just cough straight into your mouth. LOL..ok end rant.

Well being sick is a big bummer because tonight I have to go to Tampa (big big city 1hr north) with my friend from school as we entered this competition for IIDA (an International organization for Interior Designers that we have a student chapter of at school - it's one of those things you put after your name on business cards and stuff that makes you more qualified or something - it's basically a way for designers to network and stuff) So anyhow each year they have an Incredible Edible competition where you have to make furniture, or architecture or whatever out of food (which is RIGHT up my alley) and then they have this big party with drinks and fancy food and the contest so that's all tonight. And apparently it's mostly professionals that enter and go so it's a GREAT opportunity to do some networking and hopefully find some contacts for my internship in January. Well now I'm going to be drowsy and stuffy and just plain gross!

Then on top of that, my friend Nicki with leukemia has been in Tampa at the big cancer center for her Bone Marrow transplant since January and the last time I saw her was for a bit in December right before she left. Well now she's at a safe point where she can have some visitors but you have to be so careful that no one is sick obviously because she could get pnemonia and it'd be awful. Well I've thanked my lucky stars that every other time I've gone to see her I haven't been sick and not able to go, well she's been so down lately since she's been couped up in this tiny room for months now and still has 1 to go and so we were going to stop by and see her tonight since we'll be up there and NOW I CAN'T GO! So frustrating.

Okay sorry, just had to rant about that. Going back to bed to watch TV or read a book now. Hope everyone else is feeling much better than me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

{{{HUGS}}}} new
      #159119 - 03/10/05 06:55 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That sucks big-time. How bout giving your sick friend an extra long call tonight? Or send her flowers as she'll be disappointed?

Being sick sucks...go garle some paracetamol or something.

Re: {{{HUGS}}}} new
      #159120 - 03/10/05 07:00 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Linz

Yeah I think I'll call her and at least let her know I'm still thinking about her - I feel like sometimes she must get so lonely and think we all forget about her and get caught up in our own busy lives.

And I think I'll try and find something to gargle...lol I may go gargle some scotch though

Gargling scotch! new
      #159121 - 03/10/05 07:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

LMAO! That should at least get you in the mood for fun tonight! what the heck are you going to design?

gargle gargle gargle...yum new
      #159125 - 03/10/05 07:06 AM

Unregistered

We made it last week. I was going to post a picture when we got back tomorrow and I didn't jinx myself. An hour is a long drive to make with this beast.

But the theme for their party thing is Mardi Gras, so we thought we'd go with something authentic New Orleans and decided on a riverboat. It's so cute! It has the paddle wheel and everything and we decorated it with mardi gras colors and stuff and put a little alligator in the water next to it. Keep your fingers crossed it makes it there and inside in one piece!

Re: Bah! I'm sick! new
      #159126 - 03/10/05 07:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

hang in there! At least you aren't throwing up and have D!!! That has been me the last two days. Plus a fever of 100. I am a bit better today but have no appetite and still have D. Being sick sucks! So don't feel bad about complaining. I just think that after I feel better it makes me appreciate the fact that I don't have major health problems!!!

Awwww Brittany.... new
      #159132 - 03/10/05 07:42 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

That sucks...Im so sorry you're feeling so crap and wont be able to see your friend...thats not fair! I hope the thing tonight goes great....thats fab....wish I could come....thats right up my street too!! We have to enter a similar thing over here soon....I am doubting my ability to get through though at the moment given the lack of work Ive done on this project due to lack of motivation and distraction in my life. We can apply for that after working for a while though I think. I am about to go into uni in half an hour and face the music for having missed a pin up the other day....our tutor is great and knows our capabilities....he just knows we're having motivation problems....which is not the real me at all....after eater I have vouched to return to my previous ways. I think that these last few projects have been so boring and also none of this counts to my final degree grade so Im just not putting in my usual effort....Im hoping the next one will be more exciting so i can redeem myself. I also have a spanish exam tonight which I am not happy about....havent revised...cant really cos its just a listening exam....but am not in the mood...am homesick....havent seen my family in 10 weeks....the longest ever....and have PMT.....grrrrr.....cant wait till I get 2 weeks off....not long to go...a week and counting!!!

((((((((HUGS))))))))

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Awwww Brittany.... new
      #159174 - 03/10/05 08:49 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for the get well thoughts Nat!

I hope that you're doing well. I definitely feel ya on the unmotivated thing. I'm always very motivated but sometimes it's just so hard!

Good luck with your exam tonight!!!

#159188 - 03/10/05 09:24 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

ahhh Brittany, that stinks! I know how you feel...first the sore throat...owie, then the stuffiness and now a cough! You're right you CAN'T avoid it!! I recommend gargling some salt water...it helps a little...

That's really too bad about tonight though, and that you can't see your friend either, thats awful Hopefully, you will be better by the time you have to go back to school. I know it sucks being sick over your break but I guess its good that you don't have school to worry about too (well I'm sure you have homework to do...but u know what I mean)

Anyway, I'll cross my fingers that you're feeling well enough to have some fun tonight.

#159198 - 03/10/05 09:47 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ugh that sucks! I hope you feel better.
This morning in class about three people from my program were coughing their heads off.. and all I could think of was get me out of this stuffy closed up germ infested room. haha.. I hate when people cough all over you! especially with no ventilation. haha I have another class at 1:30 and i'm going to try to avoid all three offending classmates.

it just sucks cause since im in grad school my program is tiny and only has 16 people that we spend every class with.. so.. its going to be hard to avoid. but cross your fingers for me.. and I hope you get well soon!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 917 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review