All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Why I've disappeared...
      #157537 - 03/06/05 05:42 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I met a guy! We kissed this weekend, it felt just so right! It sucks that I am not trying to have a relationship right now, he is prime BF material. We are taking things VERY slow, and not going for the relationship just yet, but we are both clear that neither of us want to get with other people right now, we like each other too much. It is funny cause he is in the SAME almost exact relationship situation that I am, he just got out of two long term back to back relationships that have lasted for years.
We have so much in common and he is so cool! He listens to good rock music, loves horror and zombie movies... YES! That is right! I found a guy that loves zombies as much as me!
He is so cute and nice and sweet. I met him about two weeks ago and we were just friends til the other day.
The place where we differ... he is black. If we do wind up in a relationship, I am not gonna lie, it will be tough. I never had an interracial relationship before. I never even liked a black guy before, but I am falling for him! My family would probably freak. My parents and sis probably would be ok with it though. His father hates white people too, and gets on his case whenever he dates white girls.
I know we will probably get bad feedback in public, too, seeing how I am this chick with facial piercings and tattoos, and although he isn't 'thug style', he definately dresses preppy black style, and we are quite the visual mix match! Even though he has been with white girls, he said he is shocked that he is kissing a girl with the piercings and stuff like me.
You can't help who you fall for, and I am not gonna let color get in the way. We are actually good for each other right now, we both want to be out and having fun, and I can be single and only get with one guy without him needing to be my bf, I don't need to see multiple guys!
Life really does throw you some curve balls, and I forget to tell you all, I got my eybrow pierced last week, and my labret (sp?) done this week. It looks pretty hot I think, and I have been told
I will try to keep checking in a little more!
And hang in there SS, and email me if you want to/ need to ever!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why I've disappeared... new
      #157538 - 03/06/05 05:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri! What great news!

It's all good. Feelings just happen and it sounds like it's going well so far. I was wondering where you've been!

I'm doing ok now Sheri. Thanks for thinking about me.

#157544 - 03/06/05 05:58 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

wow.. sounds like things are going well..

what madeyou get the new peircings.. just time for a change? haha whats a labret by the way?! I have no clue about piercings aside from belly buttons.

--------------------

#157546 - 03/06/05 06:07 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there!
What a lovely reason to have disappeared!! When I saw the title, I thought 'Oh no, something awful must have happened' so I was pleasantly surprised!
I'm so glad you've found someone you have so much in common with, that's awesome. I think you have a good idea to try and take it slow if you are both just out of relationships and don't want to rush into anything.
I hope that you don't run into any problems with him being black - Hopefully your families will be supportive and if they aren't, they'll keep their mouths shut!! I think most people should get used to it if it does turn into a long-term thing, even if at first they are a little off about it.
I know a girl who has been with her boyfriend for _years_ and he is black, and at first her parents weren't very happy about it but once they got to know him, they loosened up a little.. eventually!
Good luck, keep up posted!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#157551 - 03/06/05 06:28 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm sooo happy for you.... he sounds like a nice guy.... and your right.... you can't help WHO you fall for.... just remember.... everything happens for a reason..... enjoy it!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#157802 - 03/07/05 09:10 AM
Sheri01

Ashley, Labret, not sure if I am spelling it right, is tht piercing right below your lip and about in dimple area right above your chin. it is kinda hard to explain, but you have probably seen it before, it is pretty popular. More guys have it done than girls, though. It is usually a barbell or a spike. I have a bar, but it is so short that it looks like a stud, and instead of having a ball at the end I have this little star.
I have always wanted my eyebrow pierced, but I have been working in an office ever since I was old enough to get it done. Now that my office has downsized alot, and I hate to say it, probably eventually going out of business, alot more things are acceptable and no one seems to mind my piercings. I wasn't planning on getting the labret, just sorta happened! Actaully, mine could technically be a lip ring I think, cause it is up alittle higher than it should be. My ex would have probably been put off by it, but the guy I have been smooching likes them!

--------------------
-Sheri

Guy update! new
      #157805 - 03/07/05 09:14 AM
Sheri01

First I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Since my family is oblivious to it, and my friends (other than the mutual ones me and this guy share), I haven't gotten to spill it out and was about to burst!
Oh, and when I was at work this morning I got a text message from him on my cell phone... "I wish every weekend was like that you are really special dont forget that you should know who this is from lol" (the you should know who this is from is due to the fact I cannot text people, and messages to me show up anonymous unless someone signs them.

isn't he soooo cute???
Ah, being careful not to move too quickley will be tough, but i am sure gonna try my hardest!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Guy update! new
      #157808 - 03/07/05 09:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so happy for you Sheri!! He sounds like a wonderful guy!! If you two really like eachother, than it shouldn't matter what color your skin is!! I hope it works out the way you want it to!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#157825 - 03/07/05 09:52 AM

Unregistered

Aww Sheri that's so exciting! I was wondering where you'd been and it's nice to know you've been absent for such lovely reasons.

I definitely think that things happen for a reason and just go with it and be happy he sounds nice and really into you!

Well take care and check in from time to time and keep us updated on the new fella

Re: At the risk of sounding stupid..... new
      #157826 - 03/07/05 09:53 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Labret??? What is that?

Re: At the risk of sounding stupid..... new
      #157934 - 03/07/05 03:55 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

sheri...glad to hear you are well. take it easy with this new guy, and with the piercings! RachelT had some bad stuff to say about labrets before and she's a dental assistant so watch out....hugs..

--------------------
S.

Sheri, a bit late.... new
      #158012 - 03/07/05 07:15 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Glad to hear you've met someone. And who care's what colour he is?!?!? I think it's great even if he was green and pink striped! (Okay, well maybe that's going a little TOO far-lol). Don't worry so much about slowing down. If it feels right, go for it! Hope it all keeps going as well as it has been and keep us updated! Missed seeing you round the boards.

--------------------
Amy

I HAVE BEEN SPIED ON! new
      #158463 - 03/08/05 05:36 PM
Sheri01

And if the little (or should I say quite large) b@3ch is reading this, you are should never have messed with me. Don't even try pretneding you are better, I may have moved on from Chris, but I never cheated on him with his BEST FRIEND. I use this board for support from people I have grown close to, You have no right to violate that. You have a problem with me, my email is in my profile, don't be such a coward.
If anyone is wondering what happened.. here is the story...
Chris was tlaking to his ex gf, and she mentioned her IBS has gotten bad, so he pointed her towards here. She snoops around in the lounge, and pulls up this post, and being the drama queen she is sends him the link.
Now he knows I completely moved on (which it didn't take a guy to do for me), and let us just say he is angry, and I am an egocentric c@#$%^cker now. Or something like that.
These boards have been so good to me, I can't beleive they would nbe used against me! It is my fault for not being more discreet, I do kinda put myself out there. I may change my username soon. I considered doing it before and wish I had.
Well, that is Sheri's drama for the evening! stupid girls. I am happy and should just let myself put this behind me.
I am not even concerned with losing Chris as a friend anymore. I had a feeling that this would turn rotten.
Whatever.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: I HAVE BEEN SPIED ON! new
      #158490 - 03/08/05 07:12 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

God Sheri. That sucks. My ex has spied on me wirh these boards too. It's the worst feeling as I trust everyone on these boards and it feels like home.

Let's hope she grows up and gets her own life so she doesn't have to be so concerned with yours!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2793 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2298

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review