All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I don't wanna feel like this nomore!
      #157136 - 03/04/05 07:13 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Hello I haven't been around much...not doing so hot. I was invited to go out with my friends tonight. I was pretty much excited to go...until I found out it was an hour away...yikes! I just get nervous traveling when I feel so sick! I mainly am nauseous with severe D. I carry kaopectate in my purse, but just the thought. Is this terrible? I feel like IBS ruins my fun! I know I sound like a baby, but it just sucks. I have been on the diet faithfully for about a month. Anyone know how long it takes to feel any better? Thanks for listening. I needed to vent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't wanna feel like this nomore! new
      #157159 - 03/04/05 11:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

blaa.. I totally sympathize with how you feel. I've had IBS since I was 16 and when I was younger I never let it hold me back. But my freshman year of college I was scared to leave my room, and hardly ever went out. until I realized I was missing out on life and fun.. and now I don't let it stop me whenever possible. I just take a few immodium before going out and go and have a blast.

I guess you just can't let it get you down.. when you think about it.. there are way worse ailments we could be plauged with... at least we have immodium and SFS.. temporary cures.. but at least they help. Some disorders unfortunately have NO cure or pills or anything. I try to think about that and realize.. that a little D won't stop me.

--------------------

#157293 - 03/05/05 11:59 AM
NikkiM

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: Albany, NY

I totally know how you feel. My life has gotten smaller and smaller since I have developed IBS-D. I am just scared to go anywhere...and then as soon as I did not make it to the bathroom once, I never wanted to go out again. I am trying Heather's diet, SFS, and imodium, and hoping to regain some of my life back...but there have been numerous times I have said no to my friends! I guess we just need to hang in there!

#157312 - 03/05/05 02:52 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time It can take quite a while to get stabalized, so don't despair! I know what you mean about feeling like IBS ruins your fun, I think we've all been there at some point. I just try and take advantage of the times when I'm feeling good! You mentioned you carry Kaopectate in your purse, have you ever tried Equalactin? A lot of people on this board swear by it's ability to stop an attack...here's a link to some info: http://www.coradhealthcare.com/item/Equalactin_Irritable_Bowel_Syndrome

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review