All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: what's your style? new
      #156523 - 03/03/05 12:49 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, what can I afford or what do I own?? LOL!! I'm actually very eclectic also! I have fluffy couches with big pillows and lots of throw blankets. I have a wrought iron, glass top table from Pier One with matching chairs that have paisley seat coushions! My house is very old, 1922, has wood beams and a lot hard wood. I accent with purples and greens! And wrought iron! My kitchen is purple wallpaper on the bottom and whitish wallpaper with butterflies and a matching floral border!! I painted all the cupboards white with wrought iron hardware!

Clothes. I'm casual at work. Cotton pants and sweaters kinda thing. In the summer, I wear a lot of shirts but NEVER panty hose!! I have a pair of orthodic sandles I wear, not super fashionable but functional! I typically put on a night shirt for around the house, I can't stand anything with elastic waist, like sweats, they ALWAYS seem to tight no matter how BIG I buy them!! I LOVE color!! I have red hair and wear a lot of purples, greens, blues, pinks, just about anything but yellow! I like yellow, it just doesn't look good with my complexion!! I make jewelry so I usually always wear it!! Crystals and silver kinda thing. Nothing extravagent!

I am kinda a clean freak but my house does get messy during the week. My hubby leaves his work laying around a lot, it drives my nutty!! I can go to bed with dishes in the sink but always put them in the dishwasher in the morning before I leave!! I have two cats and they have free reign of the house, so I probably should vaccum more than the once a week that I do but, who has time?!! I also relax easier after I've cleaned my house!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm an enigma! new
      #156569 - 03/03/05 01:58 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm a casual scuff naturally (trying to get on 'What Not To Wear' to correct that! ) but I love neat AND I love girly frivolous things (but rarely to wear). I tend to wear classics for dressing up like shift dresses and LBDs but I'm trying to be more interesting!

Design wise, I'm classic with a twist. Love old furniture. My living room is decorated in cream but with one deep aubergine wall - Si nearly forbade me to paint it but he loved it once it was dry!

I like everything neat and tidy, but am messy. I NEED more storage.

Ruchie...you wear skirts for religious reasons? WHY? What!?

Re: Linz new
      #156584 - 03/03/05 02:15 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I LOVE that show "what not to wear!" I've gotten some great tips from Stacy and Quinton!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I'm an enigma! new
      #156604 - 03/03/05 03:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

How to explain...

We wear skirts! it's more modest is the simplest way for me to put it.

I HATED skirts as a kid until I became religious (this was a choice...my fam is NOT reigious!)

So yeah. I wear pants for yoga and thats it. Even for yoga i will often wear a skirt.

If you want to know more e-mail. I'l try and giv you more in depth answers if you realy wanna know...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#156626 - 03/03/05 03:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Comfort is my middle name. I LOVE (too much probably) elastic waistbands or dresses with no waist at all. (IBS reasons). I live in track pants and t's at home. When I go out it's usually cargo pants, slacks, and a t or a classic blouse. I rarely get into fashionable clothes. I much prefer brands like Columbia outdoorswear, that kind of thing. Sporty and classic are me. Actually, I think I'm a bit frumpy.

My house is all neutral. I love bold colours but don't have the guts to do it. My sofas are all soft and comfortable. Burgundy leather in the living room with taupe walls. Forest green downstairs with taupe. I LOVE country! I want my house to look like it's out of the pages of Country Sampler - my favourite magazine. I love antiques for that reason.

I'm a very messy person for someone with OCD. Clutter drives me nuts but I seem to live with it everyday!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#156656 - 03/03/05 04:44 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hmm, I don't think I actually have one. My style is just "me". I pretty much live in denim capri's and singlets atm sometimes a pair of cargo pants with a singlet if it's cooler. That being said when I dress up I think I go for elegant as much as possible.
Oh and as far as homes go, I LOVE federation style, high pressed tin ceilings, big rooms, and antique furniture. Give me a do'er upper over a brand new house any day!
House style-right now I live in permanent chaos. My house has no storage and with 3 kids there is c**p EVERYWHERE. But I hate it. Generally I'm a minimalist and I love natural colours for my house. Brown and cream in the bedroom, green in the lounge. I just wish I had the budget to decorate the way I'd like to
I also like things to be neat but am sad to say that I am nothing like the virgo I'm supposed to be and am actually very much the slob. I drive myself nuts, he he.

--------------------
Amy

Edited by doubletrouble (03/03/05 04:52 PM)

oKAY! new
      #156764 - 03/04/05 01:47 AM
Linz

I'll just let that one slide! I've never understood the whole skirts-are-more-modest anyway...you can see naked legs with skirts and everything gets put away with trousers. Plus, you can have s-e-x with a skirt ON. Sorry if I've made people blush....but it's a big bit of my argument!

But whatever makes you happy! Personally, I'd go mad without my jeans.

Re: oKAY! *DELETED* new
      #156788 - 03/04/05 03:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Post deleted by S.S.

Oops sorry, was that TMI? new
      #156799 - 03/04/05 03:48 AM
Linz

It's just a point that's always bugged me about the whole wearing skirts for modesty thang...I mean, hookers wear skirts (as far as I know )!

Ha Ha Ha! new
      #156802 - 03/04/05 03:51 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hmm, I agree - where's the modesty thing - I'm actually wearing a skirt today, first time in AGES! And everyone is looking at me (in a s*xy way!) - woo hoo!! No modesty here!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30038

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review