All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: what's your style? new
      #158351 - 03/08/05 12:24 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Okay, got a couple extra minutes here after lunch at work, so I decided to chime in on this - like Ruchie said - it's fun to get to know eachother better!

Clothes - I work in a pretty up-tight office where we have Members of Congress wandering in and out on a daily basis, so I wear suits and skirts whether I like it or not, but really I think wearing nicer clothes to work helps me feel more professional, and that's always important. At home in the evenings, I put on my pajamas as soon as I get a chance, always cotton stuff with long pants and long sleeves - so cumfy! On the weekend, I wear jeans more often and sometimes dress up in cute little tops to go dancing with the girls or in fun dresses to go out to dinner or something with hubby. In general, I like clothes that look good on me and compliment my body. I HATE pants that fall at the waist - everything is low rise. I also feel nifty when I can find jewlry that matches to bring my outfit together!

I like it when houses look lived in. When we have company I clean the house spotless, but during the week, the clutter tends to pile up - we both work full time and I cook nearly every meal - the time for cleaning is minimal during the week. I do like my decorations and always feel proud of myself when I put together little knick-knacks in a way that looks pretty and welcoming. Our house is pretty colorful - the hallways have neutral paint, but the rooms are pretty shades of sky blue, salmon pink, golden yellow and mint green
I also have a thing for turtles - there are over 100 of them of all sizes spread throughout the house!

The most important thing in the house is that me and hubby and kitty cats are happy there - not the structure but what's in it that counts!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hah! Glad I made your day! new
      #158356 - 03/08/05 12:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

We SHOULD meet one of these days... I bet we'd have a BLAST!

Re: Some silliness for Tina - fashion show! new
      #158357 - 03/08/05 12:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I almost passed up the orange-red outfit... Adam talked me into it, and I agreed that I'd probably wear the jacket at some point. I had no idea it would turn out to be so cute. And layering slips is definitely cheaper than buying dresses and skirts!

Thanks!

Anyone in love with their birthstone color? new
      #158363 - 03/08/05 12:46 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am falling in love with yellow! LOL It's my birthstone color...November/Scorpio...yellow topaz!

i have these silk daffdils on the dining room table and I LOVE them. Yellow just makes me happy. But not in clothes...I had a friend that wanted yellow rain boots...I'd want them in red myself!

I can't stand yellow topaz jewelry! But when it comes to room accessories...I just love it. I also like pinks...

On Shabbos (Friday night to Sat. night), I get to decorate a bit. I have a custom to take two flowers and put them together in a wine glass to make "flowers". (Learned this at the Rabbis' house from his daughter). My fav combo is to put a light blue nakin on top of a pink one. It makes this unique purplish shade...

I also LOVE citrus fruits in a white bowl on our table. It's fun to do the whole table with a yellow theme...we have lemon trees and orange trees in our backyard. So I will put them in the white bowl, with the daffodils, and put a white napkin over yellow for the flowers. Too cute!

What color brightens your day? What colors relax you? This is too much fun!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hah! Glad I made your day! new
      #158377 - 03/08/05 01:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

We really would! I think we're a lot alike.

One of these days we will have to get together! If you ever want to see Canada, just let me know. I can accept visitors now!

I like yellow too and... new
      #158378 - 03/08/05 01:07 PM
Sara-Sage

red and purple and light blue and... lots of colours!

#158379 - 03/08/05 01:08 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh no, you HAD to have that outfit. Adam's got style!

#158382 - 03/08/05 01:12 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree! LOVE the red dress!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Oh La La....Casey.....You're a cutie! -nt- new
      #158455 - 03/08/05 05:01 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Re: Casey, Estate sales and garage sales... new
      #158974 - 03/09/05 09:50 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I love your pics, the red dress is soooo cute on you!!

My son is getting a divorce, all of the furniture belongs to her, most of it is antique passed down through her family. Now, my son has nothing. So, I am going to hit some estate sales and garage sales for him. It will be fun, and I will probably find some things for myself. The kids will be going with me and they are going to learn how to shop via garage sales!! wont that be fun????? Wish you were closer so you could help me, I would love that!! Did you read my post that Ruchie set up, the one that says, My TURN?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30061

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review