All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: what's your style? new
      #157314 - 03/05/05 02:55 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Well, clothes wise I'm very casual...once in a blue moon I enjoy dressing up, but for the most part, the more casual the better. I'm a total ROOTS girl, I could be the spokeswoman for that company!

Truthfully, I'm a pretty messy person when it comes to most things, I'm terribly disorganized. I like my home to be neat and organized and always have high hopes for that, but everything seems to get messy eventually

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

SS new
      #157390 - 03/06/05 04:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey...I never got to see this

I don't wear skirts that are shear/see through for those reasons. and hey....I chose to be religious. And it does make me happy!

But to each their own. I am CERTAINLT not trying to convert anyone!!!

Tina...you'll have to tell me what you said here in an e-mail. My curiosity is going craxy!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I never got to read this Tina new
      #157391 - 03/06/05 04:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hey...I never got to see this

I don't wear skirts that are shear/see through for those reasons. and hey....I chose to be religious. And it does make me happy!

But to each their own. I am CERTAINLT not trying to convert anyone!!!

Tina...you'll have to tell me what you said here in an e-mail. My curiosity is going craxy!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Skirt has to be below the knee new
      #157393 - 03/06/05 04:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

There are rules here! I won't wear a sexy skirt out of the house....for hubby, well, that's another story...

i didn't mean to start anything here!

i only wear certain colors. Nothing fashionable. it IS modest! Guys do still whistle but NOT because I'm being attracting...guys will hoot and holler no matter what!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Modesty new
      #157397 - 03/06/05 04:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

This is how I typically dress:

Skirt below the knees...not to the floor. nothing flashy. Think a plain old curdory skirt. For a top I wear a nice...not fitted...top. Must be below elbows. Cotton tees are covered with a vest if I wear one. Cotton tees are too tight and well show your bust too much!

No bright colors...no red...

no loud shoes either!

Getting the picture? there's nothing sexy about it!

My shirts cover me up past my neckbone.

no white shirts without something to cover my bust.

nothing is ever fitted.

If it is too stylish or too sexy...I don't buy it (except for at home!)

Personally I think it's beautiful. the only man that gets to see me in all ways is hubby! I love it!

Wow....i never though I would be proving to people that the way I dress is modest. LOL most people ask if I feel deprived. Honestly...I miss the attention I used to get when I wasn't religious and dressed a bit more fashionably. BUT i wouldn't change what hubby and I share for the world. there's much mor to it than the way I dress. it's everything about the way we live our lives! Everything is for the other person. It's a whole religion not just a dress code

it really is very modest indeed! I can't say I'm the model of perfection and that my modesty internally is where I want to be. But it's a work in progress, I didn't grow up this way, and I'm doing the best I can.

I hope i'm not offending anyone here. I just felt the need to defend myself and the way I dress. Skirts can be WAY sexy! But that's why I'm so careful with the ones I buy/wear out of the home. (Ok...now I'm starting to show you a part of myself I've never shown on the boards. Very personal! A bit hard to do...). I don't want to start a thread on this or to make a big deal of it. If you want more info. on this...e-mail me. Bev...I got your e-mail asking about a few things. I've been in migraine mode for days now so I haven't responded to any e-mails in a long time. I will respond asap.

Anyway...thanks for reading this. And for reminding me why I am so careful with what I wear *hugs* (I feel soooo conspicous and self conscious. Oh my!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Personally, I think it's great... new
      #157408 - 03/06/05 05:57 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

... that you dress in a way that's meaningful to you, even though it's completely contrary to what people call fashion, and it's your own conscious decision to do so.

I completely understand the modesty thing. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, rather strictly. We did have to wear skirts/dresses to our 3-times-a-week religious services, and if we were out knocking on doors (yes, I did that! )... we could wear pants any other time, but we still had to be modest and conservative: nothing tight, nothing low-cut, nothing too short, nothing even remotely sheer, nothing revealing, and nothing too trendy! You can imagine this was hell for a teenager but looking back on it, I can see, understand, and even appreciate the reasons for it.

Explaining & elaborating is one thing, but don't feel like you have to defend your choices. Be you without apologies.

*hugs*

PS -

Quote:

Personally I think it's beautiful. the only man that gets to see me in all ways is hubby! I love it!...Everything is for the other person. It's a whole religion not just a dress code

And personally, I think that rocks.

Re: what's your style? new
      #157420 - 03/06/05 07:05 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Great thread Ruchie! You get to know cyber people better

You don't have to explain to anyone what you prefer to wear or not wear. We are all different as we should be! What a boring world if we were all the same

My style......Clothing, I just about wear anything and everything. I have an office job so I have invested in A LOT of skirts. I'm very thin and I feel better in skirts vs pants. On Saturday's and Sunday's you will see me in a pair of yoga pants with an old navy long sleeved t-shirt and sneakers or my boot leg gap jeans with a pair of black boots and a sweater of some sort in the winter. I own 90,000 turtle necks in every color and material. I LIVE in them in the winter as I'm always cold

Style house is eclectic. My tastes have changed since we were first married 14 years ago. We loved contemporary. I've since kinda switched to traditional and some country. I'm starting to really like antiques. We've also started painting colors in our house. Warm but colorful colors. We just painted our family room cathederal wall Burgundy and I LOVE it. I'm gonna take a picture of it after it's done cause I'm so excited that we did a bold color!!!

I'm certainly by no means a clean freak. I kinda in a way wish I was. It would force me to clean more often...I don't vaccuum every day. I seriously have no time to do it. Weekends are usually my wash and cleaning day but some weekends I just let it go. I'm one of those people that do MAJOR cleaing at the change of seasons.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Modesty new
      #157422 - 03/06/05 07:45 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Quote:

no loud shoes either!

OOOO loud shoes are awful! When you're trying to concentrate and someone walks by going *squeak* *squeak* with their shoes....yikes!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: SS new
      #157465 - 03/06/05 10:09 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I don't remember Ruchie!?

Hey stranger! new
      #157470 - 03/06/05 10:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were! How's things? Good to see you again!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30039

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review