All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Let's see here... new
      #156816 - 03/04/05 04:02 AM

Unregistered

Hmmm...let's see..

In terms of home style and all I like things classic and comfy. Like I love the pottery barn look with leather chairs with the brass tack edging. Warm and cozy. I also love color though too and love to mix and match styles - it never hurts to have a few modern pieces thrown in there. I love huge paintings on canvas in a room too or black and white photos.

As for clothing - the style really depends. I guess a lot of the time I dress pretty preppy. I love to wear sparkly broaches too or flower pins. I'm notoriously known for wearing jean jackets much of the time. I'm a Florida girl so I have every style of flip flop imaginable from dressy to casual and wear those most of the time though I have a nice selection of pointy-toed shoes too. I do like to wear jeans but I always dress them up some too. Ooh ooh! And I LOVE to wear my black foldover waistband yoga pants - I'm not trying to impress anyone and I'll wear those pretty much anywhere with a polo shirt and my jean jacket and a pair of those sequiny chinese slippers. I love big sunglasses too. Man I think I could go on and on...

I get pretty brave with clothes too - I made a skirt out of ties about a year ago and wore it to school and it was fabulous - then when I was in Italy over the summer we didn't have TV in our apartment or anything so I'd told my roommates about what I'd done and so we went to the outdoor market and got all these awesome ties and that was our project to finish by the time we left and we worked on them at night before bed and stuff and then wore them out the last week we were there.

So that's pretty much my style I guess. Fun but classy.

Great post Ruchie!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ooo, flip-flops! new
      #156818 - 03/04/05 04:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I LOVE flip-flops and never get out of mine in the summer...just need to live somewhere I can wear them more often!

Pearls too! new
      #156830 - 03/04/05 04:26 AM

Unregistered

I forgot about the pearls...lol. My grandma passed this beautiful set of pearls to me a few years back and I love to wear them - and pretty much with anything: khakis, polo, jean jacket and pearls can't go wrong. I like to class it up every now and then (okay most every day )

Classy! new
      #156834 - 03/04/05 04:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I wish I had some pearls. I need to get more classy everyday... I'm trying these days, but then I do something like pull Si's comfy fleece on and look like a scruff again. Sigh... It's hard being classy.

Re: Classy! new
      #157074 - 03/04/05 02:24 PM

Unregistered

LOL Linz - You could definitely jazz up that fleece with some pearls You could surely pull that off! AND some flip flops too when you dig those up.

Re: what's your style? new
      #157104 - 03/04/05 04:28 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ooh- this is a great thread Ruchie!! I'm so glad you're back on the boards more these days!

My decorating style tends towards Art Deco these days. My husband and I love cherry wood, so we have as much of that as possible. My ideal house would be a cottage style home with built in bookcases EVERYWHERE! I like cool colors, blues and greens and purples. We also really like Burled Wood, which was really popular during the Art Deco period, so that makes sense. In a weird twist, I also really like Asian and modern art, so it's great that Art Deco was applied to many cultures/periods. We have some great Chinese art deco style paintings.

As for clothing, I have lately (in the last couple of years) been receiving a lot of compliments about always looking "put together." This is hella flattering. Eric, apparently, thinks of my style as "sexy librarian." I'm teaching college classes, so this makes sense. So, for example, one of my favorite outfits is a suit that is sort of green-ish black with small green dots. The skirt is fitted and has about three inches of pleating at the bottom. With this I usually wear a 40's style emerald green silk blouse and my high heeled black boots that fall just below my knees.

As for neat or messy- I think we're in the middle. We have four animals, so there is always a lot of fur around. I don't worry about it though!

Re: Bree from Desperate Housewives new
      #157107 - 03/04/05 04:30 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I don't hate you Bev! I understand your point of view, but I could never, ever enforce it. I just love cuddling with my doggies, cat, and guinea pig too much! We did have the new couch, love seat, and chofa (bigger than a chair- smaller than a sofa!) Teflon coated though, no stains, no sticking fur!!

#157142 - 03/04/05 08:55 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

S.S.,
Your not helping my isolation driveing me nuts like this;
Quote:

You're funny Linz! I have never had sex with a skirt on. I'll have to add it to my to do list.

Bevrs,
Like your house discription.

chinagrl,
Quote:

bookcases EVERYWHERE!

I always wanted that.

Don't know much of the terminology used here but;
Cloths; Usually whatever's cheap and fits However I love army surplus fatigues. Hate t-shirts, always button.

Mellow colors for the house. gray-blue is a good one.

I'm a pack-rat so messy is no problem with me. It seems I use dressers for anything but cloths.
I do have to rearange my bed room once every year or so. Just can't stand the same arrangement year after year.

Oh forgot skirts

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

#157153 - 03/04/05 10:58 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ha, ha. Sorry!

Re: Ooo, flip-flops! I LOVE them too!!-nt new
      #157156 - 03/04/05 11:08 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 404 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30033

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review