All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for the girls
      #155737 - 03/02/05 08:38 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Well I had an appointment yesterday with a new gyno that specializes in endometriosis. I have to go get an ultrasound because she said I have a enlarged and tipped uterus. I was just wondering if anyone else has been told that before? She actually thought I was pregnant and made me take a test but it was negative - WHEW! I did a search on here and found a ton of girls with a tipped uterus (it was interesting) but nothing about an enlarged one. Anyways just wondering if anyone had any feedback. I am going to have it checked out - Im going to call and make the appointment today - I just wanted some info in the meantime!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for the girls new
      #155797 - 03/02/05 09:46 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Mine is tipped a little, but not enlarged. I don't have any advice or info Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking about you and I am sure everything is fine!! Keep us updated!!!

HUGS!

--------------------
Heather7476

Me too new
      #155808 - 03/02/05 10:06 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Mine is tipped too, but I'm smaller than average down there. They use child sized speculums and other instruments on me, even after 17 years of being sexually active!! (how embarrassing! )

I have endo too and it's no walk in the park! But I stopped my periods so the endo's gone now. Good luck with your new gyno, and I hope everything goes well for you!!! {{{HUGS!}}}

~nelly~

#155835 - 03/02/05 11:05 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Abby, I don't know anything about that, but I hope you get more information soon. Not knowing can drive you crazy! (at least, it does me)

Good luck!

Re: Me too new
      #155841 - 03/02/05 11:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have had a whole battery of tests in that department recently and, thankfully, so far everything is in the right position and is the right size! I have heard though that a tipped uterus is VERY common. I don't believe though that I have heard too much about an enlarged uterus. I'm sure they will do some testing and everything will turn out fine!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thanks everyone! -nt- new
      #155863 - 03/02/05 11:38 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

#155913 - 03/02/05 01:27 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Apparently I have a tipped uterus too.

Enlarged Uterus new
      #155939 - 03/02/05 02:07 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Abby,

Glad to hear you're looking into the whole endometriosis thing, I hope it gives you some answers I have a tipped uterus too, but not an enlarged one. I do however know that sometimes adenomyosis can cause an enlarged uterus. Adenomyosis is basically like internal endometriosis (i.e. inside the uterus). A lot of women have both conditions. Anyways, here's a link to some good info on it if you want to check it out: http://www.centerforendo.com/news/adenomyosis/adenomyosis.htm

Hope that helps!
Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review