All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
??What's one good thing that has happened to you today??
      #15564 - 07/30/03 10:16 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Ok, time to list the positives. And I don't want to hear "My D has stopped!" or "I had a really incredible BM today!" I'm not saying that we can't get excited about this stuff, because I know that I do(!), but I've found that "normal" people just don't get excited about that stuff.

What's one good thing that has happened to you today/this week?

Here's mine:

I've finally bonded with bf's dog (soon-to-be 'our' dog) Max. He's a lab/rotweiler mix and has a head the size of a car tire. He can be very moody and crabby and didn't like me so much right away. Long story short -- Max jumped in bed with me this morning after bf had jumped in the shower. He put his head on my tummy! I was so excited!

But then, of course, later when I tried to shepherd him into the kitchen before leaving for work, he growled at me when I picked up 'chewy'.

Baby steps....Baby steps

Your turn!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ??What's one good thing that has happened to you today?? new
      #15574 - 07/30/03 10:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

1) I found out that the cancer that my friend is one of the most curable kind--so he should be able to go into remission! G-d willing he'll be ok! (We didn't know what kind of cancer it was--that was VERY scary!)

2) I'm going to try out a girl's bike my hubby found for me on E-bay. If the test drive goes well, I'll have a bike! (I haven't had one since I was a child!)

3) I'm still listening to the IBS tapes! Consistency, not one of my strong points, is a big victory for me!

Thanks for this great idea Jules! I think we need another forum..."Jules Great Ideas"

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Oooh ooh! Pick me! Hand waving in the air! new
      #15579 - 07/30/03 10:32 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I've been praying for months that my oldest son Luke would get a GREAT teacher for this coming school year, he'll be in Pre-K, the year before kindergarten, going 5 mornings a week like such a big boy. Even though he has Asperger's and needs some support, he will be completely mainstreamed with therapists coming to work with him WITHIN that setting a few times a week. I believe that is best for him but all that makes a Mommy concerned. What if the teacher doesn't like him or isn't flexible or resents his therapists coming in all the time? Well, the teacher called me today to see if we could set up a time to meet before the actual Open House to talk about Luke, she is so excited to have him, she asked tons of questions and is so nice. She said they will get along great because she likes things to be predictable too (what a great attititude!) and the real clincher, as I went on trying to share the good things about him and touch on the "bad", she finally just said, "Don't worry Mom, it's going to be fine because I'm just going to love him, and the rest will work itself out". Okay, tears! That's my biggest prayer, because if you just let yourself fall right in love with him you can't help but be patient with his little quirks. Okay, so God brightened my day with that phone call today, for SURE!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#15583 - 07/30/03 10:34 AM
jules

Michelle, your post gave me goosebumps! How wonderful to know that there are teachers like that out there!!

--------------------
~jules

#15584 - 07/30/03 10:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's AWESOME!!!!!

Luke is going to have a WONDERFUL year! You'll have to tell us all about it!

I had a student this year with major issues...he was one of my fav ids! Had a lot of problems...but a heart of gold! Kids with "special needs" are SO SPECIAL!

I'm thrilled for you Michelle!

*big hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15590 - 07/30/03 10:40 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Our good friends had their baby! She's a real cutie. That's a really great thing. I love babies! Now I get to go shopping for baby stuff and make some cute blankets and a quilt and all that. Yayyy!

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#15591 - 07/30/03 10:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

HOORAY!!!!!!!! That's great news! I love babies too! The babie's a cutie or your friend is a cutie? How much does she weigh...

I can't wait to have a baby!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15594 - 07/30/03 10:47 AM
jules

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to have a baby too! I was anti-kids there for a while. I never baby sat, had much younger relatives, etc. and just didn't click with them.

Then, my friend had her first child this month, and I was hooked! Got the names all picked out and everything!

--------------------
~jules

#15599 - 07/30/03 11:10 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I had a great day today, just spending a day with my husband. We went to the mall, picked out some holiday clothes, had lunch at a restaurant we'd been meaning to try. And the kids were at their club for the day (much as I would have loved them to be there, sometimes it's nice to just have 'me and him' time - believe me it doesn't happen very often )
Not very exciting but a good day for me

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#15600 - 07/30/03 11:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Awww!

I know how you feel! I was actually anti-marriage there for a while. Then I was dating this guy, really immature, and I said "I'm tired of playing games, I want the real thing!" I called my parents and told em' I would know who I would marry in six months. That night was the first time I saw my hubby! We got engaged within six months of my telling my rents' I'd know who I was gonna marry! (I think it was 4 and a half months actually when we got engaged. My hubby and I date just under 3 months and then got engaged. I would have said yes after only 2 weeks!)

I wasn't sure how soon I'd wanna have a baby either. I SO WANT ONE! I want to have a HUGE family!!!

I'm so excited for your friend, that's awesome!! Tell her congrats for me!

So, when are you two getting engaged Jules? It sounds like it's not too far off......

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39487

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review